FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tube LMB tourny at Castiac Lagoon 4-14 & 6-2

+6
Fisher
IN2DEEP
Aquaholic38
Tubinferbass
Hammer 4
LGHT
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I can't make the first day, but want to fish the 2nd day. I know some of you serious Perris guys who fish for LMB can probably do well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LGHT wrote:I can't make the first day, but want to fish the 2nd day. I know some of you serious Perris guys who fish for LMB can probably do well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I wonder what the pay out is, or what the prize will be..?

And I wonder if they will still let boats on the water.

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
I wonder what the pay out is, or what the prize will be..?

And I wonder if they will still let boats on the water.

I had the same questions and already inclined waiting for response. I know they will have a booth at the show so hopefully I will at least find out Sunday.

I know the lagoon doesn't allow anything, but electric trolling motors as it is now and hopefully they are only allow tubes during the tourney.

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well, lots of guys take their big $$$ bass boats out there, I have seen it pretty crowded during the spring on weekends, that's why I was wondering. Having to kick around all the boats would be a pita, only cuz most are locals, and know all the good spots.

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

"HOLY MOLY" Im so flippin there!!!!! I have allways wanted to float there in this is the perfect reason!!!! Thanks for postin......... O man so exctied Smile Smile Smile Thumbs Up

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:"HOLY MOLY" Im so flippin there!!!!! I have allways wanted to float there in this is the perfect reason!!!! Thanks for postin......... O man so exctied Smile Smile Smile Thumbs Up

Haha, don't expect to catch em like Butch does, many a good angler has been skunked there during that time of year. Best of luck to ya, if you go.

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

awesome!!! i might sign in!

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I saw this and was considering signing up then saw the entry fee not realizing that it's for both dates. That sounds more reasonable!
Maybe I will sign up. Need to check the June 2nd. date
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I found out that it's a FLOAT TUBE ONLY event and fin power only so no boats to worry about.

$75 for both days if you pay early is not bad. Not sure what the payout is going to be, but I'm gonna try and do just the 2nd day since i'm not in town on the first day.

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya im really thinkin about doin this

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

To answer most of your guy's questions feel free to call me at 818 726 6936 (cell names Mike but I will also answer to Devil Dog) or call Terry at 818 635 4342 he's the one in charge of this event or he will at least know what the prizes are since he has them. Both of us were at Fred Hall on Sunday at Long Beach not too many questions were asked from what I remember.
One things for sure, your float tubes will be inspected CLEAN AND DRY is the key word, if you prefish the lagoon the day before keep your receipt to show proof so you wont have a problem. Since weather reports are going back and forth as to rain no rain, if your tubes have not been inspected keep them inside your vehicle deflated, all inspections will be done in parking lot 5, when you get to the gate make sure you tell them you are there for the float tube derby and they will let you in. For those who might have pontoon float boats you will be able to use them, but you will have to leave the oars in your vehicle "FIN" power only. There will be members from the "friends of Castaic lake" there in their boats so far there's only 6, when a fish is caught you blow your whistle that will be provided I believe, the boater will come over and weigh your fish and call it in.
Hope this answers some questions you guys might have.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sounds like a good time!

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i always wanted to know, is there Stripers in the Lagoon?

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Lok Dog wrote:i always wanted to know, is there Stripers in the Lagoon?

Not that I know of

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No.

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:

No.

Now i have more of a reason to never fish there,.. green happy

Na, one of my buddies got hassled trying get his float tube in there. supposedly there was a wet spot on his dried up tube that hasn't been in the water for 3 months. Little argument went on and they told him he couldn't fish there. He wasn't mad, they don't like money thats cool, I'll never spend a dime there,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Tubinferbass wrote:"HOLY MOLY" Im so flippin there!!!!! I have allways wanted to float there in this is the perfect reason!!!! Thanks for postin......... O man so exctied Smile Smile Smile Thumbs Up

Did you make it out there?, I was there keeping track of everyone's catch on my laptop.

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What was the winning bag..? oh, and big fish..?

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Big fish was 6.59 I believe, it's on my laptop overall winner total weight was 19.42 (again on laptop which is still in truck), too tired to get my lazy butt up and get stuff out of truck, but not anywhere near as tired as the guys that were out there kicking against those white caps when the wind kicked up.
One guy caught 12 bass and yes one person did get the skunk although he says he farmed 3 bass, we gave him hell anyway lol!

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the info.. Cool

Yeah, it musta been sheer hell out there with the wind howling at prolly 25+ mph..

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

actually it was really nice most of the morning, the wind didn't kick in until around 11-1130 or so, at one point it got really bad don't know how the guys that stayed out there managed to stay in the spot they were at unless they were anchored some way.

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey everyone just a reminder next Saturday is the 2nd Bass float tube derby at Castaic lagoon, I hear the top prize is a Outcast fishcat 4 tube. Remember clean and dry is a must as tubes will be checked, if you tube the goon the day before keep your stub and show them at the entrance so you wont have to wait for inspection. I will be there keeping record of all the weights stop by and say hi.

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man I wish I could have made it out there... Good luck out there cant wait to see results!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:Man I wish I could have made it out there... Good luck out there cant wait to see results!
you didnt??? you were all flipping about it!!

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

totals from saturday:
big fish 7.16
5 fish totals
1st place: 14.15
2nd place: 13.61
3rd place: 12.78

also this was the first time in 10 years of this derby that a woman had joined the ranks, she didn't catch any but the derby director gave her some swag for being the first female.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum