FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you had a $200 budget for a float tube?

+13
Tubinferbass
ed5000x
n2deepfsw
IN2DEEP
Fisher
sonarbp
waxon67
Lok Dog
HEADCASE881
Docrunner
bayfishingjunkie
Hammer 4
Masterbaiter
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Well to be honest I'm not worried about the cost. I budgeted to spend more than I did to update my turkey gear. I have enough money to spend considering I was going to buy a new Malibu kayak with all the bells and whistles.

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote: I tell you right now if I was going to drop 200 bones on a new tube it would be the Cumberland hands down.

Thumbs Up
X2

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ummm, how far is the race going to be..100 yds or more..? Very Happy

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:i would get that cover bonanza tube for $49 then go to wally world and get some snorkling fins for $20 or get the fins that go over the waders there about 50 i think and some waders for around $100 then spend the other money on fishin stuff

hey what's the deal with this $49 Spinfly tube? Anyone have any experience with it? My son is already giving me grief about prepping my float tube to go solo without him. I told him I need to make sure I'm safe and have my technique down, and then.. maybe.. I'll get him a tube. He sat in my Cumberland, and I don't know if his legs will reach the water enough to kick effectively. I might be taking a look at some of the used Caddis tubes on craigslist. Hmmm... Rolling Eyes

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I found a fish cat 4 w/force fins for $200. Worth it?

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IMO, no..then again, I'm not a fan of 100.00 force fins. Unless you happen to like those fins then I'd say 175.00 for both would be better. I'd offer 135.00 w/o the fins. What you pay is up to you, I'm cheap.... green happy

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

the guy says its been used 4 times

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you really want that type of tube, and the tube, and fins are worth it to You, then buy it. As I said, although I like the tube, the $$$ is to high for me, cuz I wouldn't use the fins. Your call, but I would offer him 175.00 .

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:IMO, no..then again, I'm not a fan of 100.00 force fins. Unless you happen to like those fins then I'd say 175.00 for both would be better. I'd offer 135.00 w/o the fins. What you pay is up to you, I'm cheap.... green happy

Masterbaiter wrote:the guy says its been used 4 times

Wow.. really? Seems decent.. especially if you believe seller that it's only been used 4 times.

The non-deluxe Fish Cat 4 goes for $195, and the Force Fins for float tube (adjustable), are a whopping $195!
So, I guess if you already have fins, or don't like the Force Fins, then Hammer is right.. offer 135 for the tube alone.

But, if you need a whole set-up, then $200 doesn't seem like a bad deal at all to me! Make sure they are the force fins made for float tubes. Those are one-size-fits-all, and adjustable. There are other force fins, that are a bit less expensive, that need to be sized correctly, especially if you wear them over wader boots. If I saw that deal before I got mine, I'd be tempted. But, I'm bumping up close to the 250lb weight limit (with gear) on the FC4 .. and I am paranoid about the bladder being damaged or patched or whatever.

BTW>.... My brand new Classic Accessories Cumberland Float Tube just dropped on Amazon to $185!!
(I just paid $200 for mine 5 days ago!!! Mad )

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The listed weight capacity on most tubes is usually on the low side. My Son has a FC4, not the delux he weighed 270lbs when he got it, and it floated him fine. Weight won't cause the bladders to pop, ect. Also he travels light, as I do, 2 rods, about 2 lbs in lures, a 24oz Monster drink, and a banana or 2.. Very Happy

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:The listed weight capacity on most tubes is usually on the low side. My Son has a FC4, not the delux he weighed 270lbs when he got it, and it floated him fine. Weight won't cause the bladders to pop, ect. Also he travels light, as I do, 2 rods, about 2 lbs in lures, a 24oz Monster drink, and a banana or 2.. Very Happy

Sorry if this is off-topic.. but you brought it up, so I have to ask..

How wise is it to drink a 24oz Monster drink while wearing waders in a float tube??? green happy

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well it looks like the tubelimpics has begun lol

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:

How wise is it to drink a 24oz Monster drink while wearing waders in a float tube??? green happy

LOL....Hey Docrunner, A few of us OG tubers DON'T I repeat DON'T wear waders when fishing the harbors. A good pair of board shorts and a few cans of Monsters and your good to go on the marathon sessions!

I have even tubed the LAB at night in December in short....the session only lasted 5 hrs but it wasn't too bad!

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:The listed weight capacity on most tubes is usually on the low side. My Son has a FC4, not the delux he weighed 270lbs when he got it, and it floated him fine. Weight won't cause the bladders to pop, ect. Also he travels light, as I do, 2 rods, about 2 lbs in lures, a 24oz Monster drink, and a banana or 2.. Very Happy

No bananas

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've talked to Jeff and we will post some date options and a plan for the races. All ideas welcome!!

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:

Depends on your bladder....LOL

BTW, I don't drink all of it, maybe half at most, I take those cuz they have a resealable cap.. Very Happy

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:

Lol I rock a 16 oz m80 every time I tube..... Keeps me goin Thumbs Up

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:Lol I rock a 16 oz m80 every time I tube..... Keeps me goin Thumbs Up

NO NO NO...you got it all wrong! Its the MONSTER BFC can or nothing! Thumbs Up

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:I've talked to Jeff and we will post some date options and a plan for the races. All ideas welcome!!
Sound great maybe a work shop to help other build there racks and let others try differrent tube to see if they like they and fins too lol

socaltexan

socaltexan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

You can't go wrong with the Blue Fish Cat 4. It is $195 at Bass Pro. I love mine. For $360 they have the Red Fish Cat with the inflatable seat, but I have not had any issues with the solid foam seats on the Blue version. Both get you higher out of the water for a better fishing experience.

webrx

FTFF Gathering Officer

DRPower.com has the cumberland, out the door, with shipping for $165 - hard deal to beat. My buddy has the blue fishcat, I have the cumberland, he has had great customer service, however, he only needed that because he has had at least 4 bladders fail. Not sure why but they have. I have not heard the same from other fish cat owners, but, my buddy has had a lot of issues.

I have a cumberland, I love it, and in the $200 price range I wouldn't buy anything else. 3 out of 4 of the fly fishing guys at cabelas have the cumberland - all guys who used to own an FC4 and they all say they love them.

Buy what you want, I am just passing on my perspective/opinion on this.

d

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I never had a FC but I had the Cumberland for more than a year and it s been very dependable and strong on all my trips

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hands down the Cumberland is the tube to get! It recently got upgraded with more velcro unbetween the tube and bladder to keep the bladder alinged and in place when deflated now comes in a larger model with a serial number. My brothers new cumberland is about 1 foot bigger than mine.

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i got 2 of them

Scion619

Scion619
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hmmm I think I'll get a Cumberland as a back up for the prowler. Or as a spare for a friend or maybe my daughter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum