FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

perris report 5-8-12

+4
Leakytube
Kelster
jeffcpr
Tubinferbass
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1perris report 5-8-12 Empty perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Went out to perris today with my lil brother Pete an his friend Chris. We hit the water bout 630 ish an was the water nice warm an glassy. We launched from power cover an kicked across to the main point. My lil brothers friend has never caught a bass or ever really fished let alone from a tube so after a few pointers he was good to go. After some tips an tieing some lines I threw out my baby brush hog an let it sit while I showed chris how to work a jerk bait. Second cast Bam!!!! Nice lil dink on the 3" jerk shad started to reel in an noticed my brush rod move. I swung for the fences an she didnt even move!!!! O yeah she was a good one. Double hook up!!!!!! gave the small rod to Chris an worked on the hog at the end of the brush rod. She spit dragg for a couple mins then jumped Shocked She was a good one!!!! Got her up to the tube an then fist liped her!!!! Jus a lil over 7 lbs Smile My lil brother an his buddy freeked out was the biggest bass they ever seen. After some pics an high fives we kicked on. Shortly after Chris starts screamin... Landed his first bass jus bout a lb but was so excited. We made our way to east end an it started poppin off. I landed 4 more on the brush hog an my brother Pete hooked into a nice lil bass on the spinner bait. We ended up landin some more nice lil bass on the way out. Off the water by 230 ish I ended the day with 9 bass Pete had 3 an Chris caught 4. All in all was great day except I forgot my Thoraks jigs sign Sad

Heres some pics!!!!

My nice lil fishy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
let my lil brother lip her Smile

My computers slow so ill load more pics later

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

2perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:21 pm

WTG BUDDY, did you get a pic for the contest and kick fisher off the leader board?

3perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dude you have then jigs Suspect oh well it happens props on getting your brother out for his first tube trip. And I am sure he will be back for more after seen that monster of a LMB Thumbs Up nice going thanks for the report and keep them coming.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Congratulations on the fish, that is one good looking LMB. I went out Wednesday and my 5 fish total didn't weigh as much as your one.

5perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks guys!!! She was a bute!!! My brothers buddy is hooked on tubin fer sure now after today... Sadly after tellin everybody to post pic with thoraks jigs sign I leave mine in the flippin truck!! Rolling Eyes Ill jus make sure fisher shares them jigs Smile

6perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Tubinferbass wrote:Thanks guys!!! She was a bute!!! My brothers buddy is hooked on tubin fer sure now after today... Sadly after tellin everybody to post pic with thoraks jigs sign I leave mine in the flippin truck!! Rolling Eyes Ill jus make sure fisher shares them jigs Smile

that sucks but congrats on the fish either way. I need to get one of those for myself next time out. Anything going on with the top water bite yet ?

7perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nothin top water yet... Threw the floatin gill, shad popper, zara pup an frog all for nothin not even a swirl. But the spinner an crank, jerk baits are finally start to produce. The baby brush hog is still the #1 chew bait right now in watermelon red n black an watermelon candy.

8perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Tubinferbass wrote:Nothin top water yet... Threw the floatin gill, shad popper, zara pup an frog all for nothin not even a swirl. But the spinner an crank, jerk baits are finally start to produce. The baby brush hog is still the #1 chew bait right now in watermelon red n black an watermelon candy.

Now that is what I call sharing the info thanks for posting what is working on your waters. That is called teamwork thanks bro.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

9perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

WOW WHAT AN AWESOME DAY VERY COOL REPORT Thumbs Up

http://www.wmcinc.com

10perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:34 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

NICE!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

11perris report 5-8-12 Empty You fished the brush hog on the bottom? Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Cartman

Cartman
FTFF Gathering Officer

If you don't mind, would you please go into more detail about how you caught that big fish? It sounds like you dropped that baby brush hog on the bottom and let it sit there waiting for the strike? I am imagining it on a Texas rig? Is that how you would fish that plastic? I always thought it was something you would fish on the retrieve. Thanks. BTW, that's a beautiful fish, not just for it's size, just a beautiful fish.

12perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cartman wrote:If you don't mind, would you please go into more detail about how you caught that big fish? It sounds like you dropped that baby brush hog on the bottom and let it sit there waiting for the strike? I am imagining it on a Texas rig? Is that how you would fish that plastic? I always thought it was something you would fish on the retrieve. Thanks. BTW, that's a beautiful fish, not just for it's size, just a beautiful fish.

Thanks man!! Its np at all..... I rig em carolina or split shot with the weight about 8 to 12” above the hook. I read a lil article that the guy who designed em made em for carolina rig. I Throw out as close as you can to cover trees, cattails, exc an drag on the bottom. Ill hop it bout 6” off the bottom an then let sit bout ever 3rd drag r so before I reel agaIin. have been usin the 1/16 oz mojo weights learned from fisher an they work pretty darn good. I target the tamerisk trees which have pink cotton like flowers on em an cat tails. For some reason cat tails hold bass. She was at the base of a tamerisk tree in bout 10' of water r so. Probly guarding her fry swimming in the thickit.

13perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 am

Cartman

Cartman
FTFF Gathering Officer

Tubinferbass wrote:
Thanks man!! Its np at all..... I rig em carolina or split shot with the weight about 8 to 12” above the hook. I read a lil article that the guy who designed em made em for carolina rig. I Throw out as close as you can to cover trees, cattails, exc an drag on the bottom. Ill hop it bout 6” off the bottom an then let sit bout ever 3rd drag r so before I reel agaIin. have been usin the 1/16 oz mojo weights learned from fisher an they work pretty darn good. I target the tamerisk trees which have pink cotton like flowers on em an cat tails. For some reason cat tails hold bass. She was at the base of a tamerisk tree in bout 10' of water r so. Probly guarding her fry swimming in the thickit.

Wow, thanks, that's very interesting. I have read about using the carolina rig for bass, but that would not have been my go-to rig. I will definitely give it a try, though, because I do have some of those wigglies myself.

14perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Dude, you caught all the big ones. I went out 6/9/12 and caught nothing but dinks. No love on the brush hog I caught most of them on Yamamoto products.

15perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man thats crazy no love on the brush hog I couldnt get no love on thr yamamotos Rolling Eyes I guess thats jus fishin.... Glad to hear you didnt get skunked. Im gunna be out there saterday mornin with the fly rod an the micro. Gunna be throwin my shad imitators.

16perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

As I kicked in there were bass chasing shad all along the reeds on the park side where we came in the windy day, should be cool on the fly rod.

17perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 am

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Very cool report. Great pics

18perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Kelster wrote:As I kicked in there were bass chasing shad all along the reeds on the park side where we came in the windy day, should be cool on the fly rod.

Awesome good to know thanks man!! Killin me some squab tomorrow so im gettin all kinds of white an emerald green/ black feathers for my flys. Hopefully I can get some takers on the shad imitators. R you gunna b out there sat?

19perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Went out today, topwater action in the morning at the n.e. corner just past the reeds out deep from the shore. For an hour it was w.o. on lipless cranks, and jerk baits. One of my son graduates from college Saturday so good luck out there.

20perris report 5-8-12 Empty Re: perris report 5-8-12 Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dude that is an awesome session! Now I know who I will be following the day of the series at Perris! WTG bro!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum