FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cameras that can be used on your Float Tube

+3
waxon67
CPT Kirk
motorazr
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey Guys, I have noted that a lot of you use Go Pro gear for your video captures and I thought I might share some experience I have had with the small 808 cams that are available on ebay.
Lately a couple of hi definition versions of these cameras have come onto the market, and are priced quite cheaply for a HD camera.
I have succesfully used the bicycle mount and attached it to the rim of a baseball cap, I found that mounted there it is out of the way, weighs next to nothing and still takes some good footage.
If you decide to purchase one of these cams from ebay pay attention to the seller as not all HD cameras are created equal and some of the sellers are not selling true HD cameras.
The two sellers on the ebay listings I have used as reference are ok.
The camera itself is found here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The bicycle holder here
just make sure that the mount will take a #16 cam as they are different thickneses, the jumbo cam is different from the normall 808 key chain cam so do a search using "808 #16 bicycle mount" and you should find the right one.

A water proof housing (or at least water resistant) here

A really good reference for these cameras is here on RC Groups.com
and here at chucklohr.com

The 808 cam can take .mov or .avi format and for a small HD camera is cheap to the point where if you fell in the drink and got it wet it wouldn't really matter.
There are cheaper versions out there which are not HD (High Definition) and you can get for a few bucks the #11 is probably the best of these picture wise.

The picture quality is pretty good and the frames can be time and date stamped.

Last edited by motorazr on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more information)

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great info thanks i'm in the market for a camra that can get wet.
Thanks.

http://bassinthehood.com

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great info! A friend got one of these for his RC plane. FRYS has them for 70.00 and I did not know there was a water proof case available. The eBay price is great too just have to do the wait from HK which is usually not too bad.

Me like. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for doing all that research and sharing, nice to see there other options than a few hundred dollar GoPro!

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great info.!

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No worries guys, i use these and others like it in my work, so am always looking for new cameras out on the market that are covert.
These little cams are exceptionaly good for other uses and can attach to most things. One of the mods that can be done to waterproof the 808 is to modify a tic tac box.

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:Great info! A friend got one of these for his RC plane. FRYS has them for 70.00 and I did not know there was a water proof case available. The eBay price is great too just have to do the wait from HK which is usually not too bad.

Me like. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I might have to go check them out at frys!!

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nothing against Frys guys but the ebay item is exactly the same as the one shown on the Frys website, instead of paying $59.99 its about $37.99. Downside is you'll have to wait 10 days for it to rock up from Hong Kong.
I have purchased a few of these on ebay and haven't had a dodgy one yet, one of the saving graces would be that if you purchased from Frys you could get a replacement from them straight away if it was defective.

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Id like to see the product in person before I buy it,wether it be thru frys or ebay...I dont mind paying the price difference if I can get any type of hassle free replacement from frys.

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use the kodak sport camera n works great for me so far. I bought the lil gripper stand fer it an works awesome. Got alot of vids on the fly an big bass jumps an the freeze frame pics are awesome an was only 79.99. Shock proof water proof up to 10' under water but no flash Sad

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum