FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Its here, its here,lol

+7
ed5000x
Tubinferbass
wiseguy
blues4bill
bassfishing24/7
.:LOLLY:.
choppywaters
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Its here, its here,lol Empty Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:42 am

choppywaters

FTFF Gathering Officer

Got a nice little, well not so little package about an hour ago......my ODC 420! Of course I had to inflate it and sit in it just for a second. So far just sitting in it in the driveway I can tell it's very roomy and plenty of storage space. The material is a bit stronger than I expected (which is a good thing). The seat had plenty of support, too early to tell how it really is til after tomorrow which is my first outing. Tonights agenda....pick up son from summer camp then go to Lowes to get some pvc for my rod holder system (and beverage holder) I'm guessing 1 1/2", then to Wally Mart for some more storage containers. Should be a fun weekend.

2Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Congratulations Choppy!

I did the same thing yesterday when I received my cumberland in the mail lol!

P.S.
1 1/2" diameter is perfect. That's the same size that I bought. Go with PVC if you like white tubing or ABS if you like black. They cost around the same price...

3Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:13 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Congrats on finally getting ur tube!!Have fun on ur maiden voyage!! Thumbs Up

4Its here, its here,lol Empty re:It's Here! It's Here!! Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:50 pm

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Ha, Congrats! You remind me of me a few weeks ago!! The neighbors thought I was nuts sittin' in my new tube in the garage,smilin' from ear to ear.
Now just wait till you get it on the water!! It's the closest thing to heaven on earth if you have nice weather! I wouldn't recommend the thin walled PVC. go with Schedual
40. And if you want to paint your rack the Krylon Plastic Paint I used seems to be holding up real well. They have a dimpled silver grey that matchs the ODC colors nice. (you can see my pictures here on the forum somewhere?)Yesterday I found a 3 pak of small"dry bags that will come in real handy for about $6 at Wal-Mart. I got my watch and wallet wet the other day by using a zip-lok baggie and just tossing it behind the seat.Maybe I can save you that lesson learned the hard way!LOL So..enjoy and.. put your garage door down while sitting in it!!! Embarassed

5Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man everyone is getting a new tube, makes me want to get another cumberland so I can roll with two!

Congrats on the new ride!

6Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome congrats man! So the fun begins Thumbs Up

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

7Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:56 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

cool glad everyone is get there rides together they are so much fun and relaxing. yea the new odc 420 comes with the pvc bottom lining like the CUMBERLAND . yes i ride a cumberland lol . cant wait til this sunday hope to see a good turn out

8Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:cool glad everyone is get there rides together they are so much fun and relaxing. yea the new odc 420 comes with the pvc bottom lining like the CUMBERLAND . yes i ride a cumberland lol . cant wait til this sunday hope to see a good turn out

hey Ed, long time...
are you tubing on Sunday morning? I can't tube, as we are in the process of moving.
But, are you still interested in that new grapnel anchor I had? If yes, I can try to get over to the LAB and drop it off for you. Let me know.. -Jay

9Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very Cool glad you Both got them before the Gathering Thumbs Up should be a kick if everybody shows up

http://www.wmcinc.com

10Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:51 pm

IMO - 1-1/4" pvc is the best fittment for rod holders. Rods dont bonce around like they do in 1-1/2.

congrats on getting your tube

11Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:52 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:IMO - 1-1/4" pvc is the best fittment for rod holders. Rods dont bonce around like they do in 1-1/2.

X2

12Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice! you gonna bring it out Sunday?

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

13Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:22 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:Nice! you gonna bring it out Sunday?

By looking at his location (NWPA)I dont think hes from Cali.... scratch

14Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:18 pm

choppywaters

FTFF Gathering Officer

bassfishing24/7 wrote:
Lok Dog wrote:Nice! you gonna bring it out Sunday?

By looking at his location (NWPA)I dont think hes from Cali.... scratch

If I left now I could be there by Sunday late morning,lol

15Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:22 pm

choppywaters

FTFF Gathering Officer

These things aren't too popular here yet but I did see one guy last week in one, it was dark blue so thinking an Outcast maybe. Every local sporting goods and fishing store all said they stopped selling them. Gandermountain had a Big Horn last year on sale for 100 bucks clearance but glad I held off for this one.

16Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is weird, I posted this in Lolly thread! How the hell it pop over here? DafuQ???

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

17Its here, its here,lol Empty Re: Its here, its here,lol Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:27 pm

choppywaters

FTFF Gathering Officer

miller wrote:IMO - 1-1/4" pvc is the best fittment for rod holders. Rods dont bonce around like they do in 1-1/2.

Thanks and yeah thats what I am thinking now that I saw the difference. Our local Lowe's only had 1 1/4" schedule 40 in pre cut pieces, I'm going to look around at Home Depot and a few mom and pop hardware stores, pre cut pieces can get expensive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum