FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» New landing net I just landed
by Troutbum Today at 9:15 am

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Tubes first Voyage

+9
flyfishingfool
franklyn562
Fisher
ed5000x
bassfishing24/7
monkeee2002
.:LOLLY:.
kg562
StCroixFan
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Tubes first Voyage Empty My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 am

StCroixFan

StCroixFan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I took out my tube for the first time today at Jordan Lake, NC. I had a great time even though I got skunked. Being in the water kept me a lot cooler than I thought it would. Even with the water being 80degrees. I found a creek that entered the lake and hung out there. I could feel a significant temperature difference. [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My buddy gave me a tow back with his rig when the day was over. I'm glad too because my ankles were kind of worked. What is the best way to pedal your feet? I found back pedaling made me move faster but it was more tiring. Pushing or pedaling forward was easier but I didn't move as fast.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://fishwithkev.blogspot.com

2My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice! i usually just pedal up and down with my feet with a good pace so i don't get tired. I guess the longer your fins, the more water you can push making u go faster.

3My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sweet pictures, that place looks amazing!

I do a backwards bicycle pedal. You don't have to do it as fast as possible. Just do it at your own pace since you're not in a rush (unless you have to pee LOL). Your legs will slowly get use to it.

First time I went tubing I had a hard time climbing stairs at work the next day. Now I don't even feel it on the next day!

4My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:40 pm

monkeee2002

monkeee2002
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Sweet pictures, that place looks amazing!

I do a backwards bicycle pedal. You don't have to do it as fast as possible. Just do it at your own pace since you're not in a rush (unless you have to pee LOL). Your legs will slowly get use to it.

First time I went tubing I had a hard time climbing stairs at work the next day. Now I don't even feel it on the next day!

This is what I do. Basically, the propulsion happens when I "pull up" with the fins. This is getting pretty rough on my knees though. I have bad knees to begin with, and this is too much for me. Something I didn't even consider when I bought my float tube... Gonna have to upgrade to a 'toon next year.

5My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:24 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Upgrade to a pair of dive Fins,It made a big difference for me from the basic step in fins.

6My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:36 pm

StCroixFan

StCroixFan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

The fins seem fine. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. The way that seemed to work best is what monkee2002 was describing. I was impressed at how far I could move in a short amount of time.

7My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:21 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice look peaceful out there

8My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

awesome pics what were u fishin for i say fish at that creek mouth if you fishin for bass they hang out on the mouth points and the creek chanels in the middle sittin in that cooler water

9My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:24 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:nice look peaceful out there

it really does, looks like a spot you can just kick it lol.

10My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:46 am

StCroixFan

StCroixFan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:awesome pics what were u fishin for i say fish at that creek mouth if you fishin for bass they hang out on the mouth points and the creek chanels in the middle sittin in that cooler water

I was fishing for anything that would bite. I think we were fishing in too shallow of water. The overall temperature of the lake is so warm I imagine the fish are more towards the middle of the lake.

11My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:39 am

franklyn562

franklyn562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

sometimes fishes likes to chill in shallow water haha but wow what a amazing picture

https://www.facebook.com/franklynle

12My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:40 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Great to hear that you enjoyed your first voyage out on the tube. You're gonna enjoying even more when you hook into that first catch.

This area looks real fishy. Cool
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

13My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome post n pics Thumbs Up

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

14My Tubes first Voyage Empty re:My Tubes first Voyage Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 pm

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hey,that's a fishy looking lake!!
Don't get too frustrated yet with the
fins. Your technique will improve by
10 fold after just a few times out.
You will find that you can work much less and go much further/faster with
just a little practice. I learned that
for turning if you point one toe straight down and spin your foot in little circles you can turn on a dime. Try it to figure out which foot and whether you make the little circle clockwise or counterclockwise.
Also, for moving in a straight line I do a nice relaxed back-pedal motion that doesn't involve lifting my knees at all. It's mostly ankle and calf action.I just take my time. I haven't been sore yet but I have noticed my calves are looking more toned and actaully bigger,which I needed because I have old fart bird legs! Razz

15My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:30 am

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

You put your left foot in....you put your left foot out....sorry thinking of something else lol!
Looks like a very peaceful spot, kick back , a few tunes and just.........fish.

16My Tubes first Voyage Empty Re: My Tubes first Voyage Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:19 am

TOJIACK FLOATMAN

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

[quote="motorazr"]You put your left foot in....you put your left foot out....sorry thinking of something else lol!

Rather than doin the "Hokey Pokey" wouldnt it be better to do the "Boot Scoot Boogie" ??? lol!

17My Tubes first Voyage Empty re:My Tubes first Voyage Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:58 am

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Ha,yes,I did sound a little HoKey PoKey there didn't I?
That's funny as hell guys, and I deserve it!!...Oh,well,I wish
someone would have given me a few hints on technique while I was waiting for my first tube to arrive.
As a matter of fact I haven't seen any
decent float tube instructional vids or descriptions on the net anywhere.
Hmmm....maybe I could become THE
HOKEY POKEY FLOAT TUBE INSTRUCTIONAL KING someday!!LOL king

Last edited by blues4bill on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : speling)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum