FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you tips on LMB fishing

+14
Kelster
biggamefish
HEADCASE881
ed5000x
Tubinferbass
Hammer 4
MASSfisher
franklyn562
kg562
n2deepfsw
Fisher
aj7798
bassfishing24/7
jeffcpr
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:45 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am just soaking it all in thanks guys, a lot of people can learn from this one.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

27What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

heres a quick site with tons of info... Im all ways cruzin web sites tryin to find that extra edge!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

28What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:03 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:heres a quick site with tons of info... Im all ways cruzin web sites tryin to find that extra edge!

i need to do a lot reading lol!

29What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:22 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK I was reading an article on a weightless worm that I think I might try will fishing Perris. Seems to be a top water type rig, nothing more that a worm rigged on a worm hook and us a tooth pick inserted through the eye of the hook that is in the head of the worm to keep it in place. Good for fishing around surface structure, and good for a slow fall near structure.
Has anyone ever tried this before.

30What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm

jeffcpr wrote:OK I was reading an article on a weightless worm that I think I might try will fishing Perris. Seems to be a top water type rig, nothing more that a worm rigged on a worm hook and us a tooth pick inserted through the eye of the hook that is in the head of the worm to keep it in place. Good for fishing around surface structure, and good for a slow fall near structure.
Has anyone ever tried this before.

I have fished a senko weight less. no tooth pick needed. I have landed my biggest LMB on this set up.

31What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah a weight less senko rig works great when the bass are in cover. Texas riged weightless when you flippin or pitchin into trees an brush and weightless wacky when you have singled out structure like cat cat tails or solo trees. Baby bass and water melon green an purp flake work best at perris. 5 ” senkos weightless with a 3 ot wide gap worm hook or weightless wacky with a size 4 mosquito hook works best. All jus based on my opinion Smile

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

32What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:02 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Most of my lmb have been caught on t rig 5” senkos,I also used craw fish scent.I've tried other methods and baits but never seem to have much luck...

33What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Night bassing Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:32 pm

olympiatubefloater

FTFF Gathering Officer

In the evening when it is getting dark, try surface plugs around the lilly pads - the low light makes it hard to see the strike, but you hear the surface commotion around your plug - it is quite intriguing

34What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:52 am

Tubinferbass wrote:Yeah a weight less senko rig works great when the bass are in cover. Texas riged weightless when you flippin or pitchin into trees an brush and weightless wacky when you have singled out structure like cat cat tails or solo trees. Baby bass and water melon green an purp flake work best at perris. 5 ” senkos weightless with a 3 ot wide gap worm hook or weightless wacky with a size 4 mosquito hook works best. All jus based on my opinion Smile

very good info. Thumbs Up

35What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

olympiatubefloater wrote:In the evening when it is getting dark, try surface plugs around the lilly pads - the low light makes it hard to see the strike, but you hear the surface commotion around your plug - it is quite intriguing

I think that is one of the best ways to fish bass in low light. Plus you can get to the point that you get over excited seeing the stick and pull the hook before you have a chance to set the hook. The low light will give you that hold time to set the hook when it is time not before.

I am going through my gear and I found some senkos to try out this weekend.

36What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 am

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Try to launch before sunrise if the lake allows it. I usually start out in the shallows until the sun gets up in the sky.
Fish senkos, swimbaits, frogs, or grubs on weedless hooks tied directly to 20 lb. braid. Don't be afraid to throw into the cat tails or the grass. You have a weedless set up and braided line on your side. Look for little openings and concentrate on control casting. Get into the weeds but don't get buried in them.
Once the Sun is up high, I back off into 15-35 feet of water looking for structure, drop offs and ledges. In the deeper water, jigs, Texas rig and drop shots are productive. I also use pro cure super gels, trophy bass and anise crawfish.
Crankbaits and spinner baits also produce. I think the biggest questions are:
1. Where are the fish? 2. What color and type of bait are they willing to react to? 3. What type of presentation is working?
As in fast retrieve or slow retrieve. If what your doing is not working, then change it up until you find the right formula.

37What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:56 am

leftcross

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

dont wanna sound like a jackass but fresh water fishing is 10x's harder than fishing the bays. so many variables and every lakes is different.

one lake can be gin clear and 5 minutes down the road another lake can look like chocolate milk. you can throw a spinnerbait and just demolish it. the next day you can fish the same exact spots at the same exact time with the same exact bait and not get a single tap.

the thing i focus on mostly is finding a pattern. and they can literally change day to day. but once you figure out a pattern for that day... lets say you're having good luck on rocks in a shady area. you can jump to the other side of the lake that has similar structure and catch them. same thing can be said about points, secondary points, drop offs or fishing cover like tulies.

how you work your bait is very important also. one day they might like a dead stick presentation, the next day twitches and faster retrieves work better.

just remember what you're doing and where you're getting them at. once you figure it out, you should have a great day on the water.

38What are you tips on LMB fishing - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

In Southern CA it is all about rock piles and brush. If there are rocks above the water, there are probably rocks below. Stick ups are generally good, as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum