FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by Ogurr38 Today at 4:42 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by Jerdon Today at 2:42 pm

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish Cat seat too hard..

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Fish Cat seat too hard.. Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I finally fished from my new FC and although it's really nice and moves thru the water really well and quickly, that seat sure gets hard on the butt after a couple of hours! What do other FC 'tubers do to soften the seat? I guess I could buy a boat floatation cushion and sit on that...

2Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm guessing your using the foam seat. Loose it and buy a air seat

3Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Where do I buy an air seat? $?

4Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:58 pm

You can from outcast or I want to say creek company. The ones who make the 420 tube.
It's a must have. I tubed one day with foam and never will again. It's too hard on the ass and my lower back

5Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:33 am

ustolemymarbles

ustolemymarbles
FTFF Gathering Officer

miller wrote:You can from outcast or I want to say creek company. The ones who make the 420 tube.
It's a must have. I tubed one day with foam and never will again. It's too hard on the ass and my lower back

would a ODC 420 inflatable seat fit in a fishcat 4?

6Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I bought a nice little inflatable cushion that will fit nicely in my FC from Amazon.com for $7.00. Going to give that a try. Feels good on land, so hopefully it will be good floating on the water too. Can't beat the price. It got good reviews too.

7Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 pm

ustolemymarbles

ustolemymarbles
FTFF Gathering Officer

Komori wrote:I bought a nice little inflatable cushion that will fit nicely in my FC from Amazon.com for $7.00.  Going to give that a try.  Feels good on land, so hopefully it will be good floating on the water too.  Can't beat the price.  It got good reviews too.

Wow nice! all the other inflatable seats are around $50 or $70. Do you mind sharing the link, please?

I'm not all that positive, but I attribute my recent back problems to long tube sessions on the FC4...an inflatable seat sounds like a good solution

8Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 pm

TheReelFishPosse

TheReelFishPosse
FTFF Gathering Officer

I am looking into solving the same problem.  I am (63) years old and have tubed for years, and, also have had some significant back problems in the last year or so.  So anything to lessen the back ache would be great input.  Thanks for sharing.

http://thereelfishposse.blogspot.com

9Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here's the link...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:01 am

ustolemymarbles

ustolemymarbles
FTFF Gathering Officer

Komori wrote:Here's the link...

were you able to test it out?

11Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:00 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I need to verify it if possible, but I thought I read somewhere that the Creek Company inflatable Seats DO in fact fit in the FC4's, it might have even been on here...

I agree with Miller. I fished with the foam for a couple of times when I first bought my ODC420, but I also bought the inflatable seat with it because it was on sale. First time I used it... I was hooked. Huge difference, and very much worth the money spent on it.

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

12Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:29 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ustolemymarbles wrote:
Komori wrote:Here's the link...

were you able to test it out?

Got the seat. Been testing it outside of the FC4. Just a few warnings:

1. It doesn't have an anti-leak valve (a flap of plastic allowing the air to go in, but minimize it from coming out). It's straight in, straight out. When you blow it up, you will surely have plenty of air coming out, until you plug the sucker up. If you're fast, you'll be able to retain about 85% of the air, which is where you want it at for the seat.

2. The valve does not have a low/retractive body. It has a 3/4" rising body that doesn't retract down, similar to the kiddy's supportive arm floaters, or pool floats.

3. If you introduce any water, saliva, water vapor into the tube while blowing, be ready to hold the plug cap down for a wee bit until the water/water vapor minimize in the body. The plug will pop right out of the body if you add any pressure onto the air bladder. Freaking Taiwan made crap. China crap is slightly better than this. Mexico made is much better than this crap.

4. Fabric made out of 100 denier material. So..hope it will last under pressure. I tried to bounce every few minutes of the hours, and the seems haven't pop yet. We will definitely see. Pretty comfy air ride.

5. It's not multiple different air pockets/air bladder. It's one single bladder, just molded into different chambers, united with one single air delivery path in the center. False advertising.

Based on the seat's blown sized dimension, cutting the foam block down 1.5" to 3" straight off the bat is definitely NOT ADVICED! It has to be form fitting. I'll be updating everyone on the mod specs a bit later as I try to figure this out properly. Bad approach will cost me $20 (replacement foam and bladder) with poor buoyancy.

13Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 pm

ustolemymarbles

ustolemymarbles
FTFF Gathering Officer

yeah, I bought one as well..figured $8 wouldnt hurt the wallet. I thought I was getting a replacement for the foam inserts...once I pulled it out of the package I knew that wasnt the case. Second disappointment was TheAsianGuy's first point haha...

I still blow it up and take it with me, using it externally. Definitely more comfortable than sitting on straight foam..and you sit much higher

14Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:16 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The problem with sitting higher is the instability of the entire float tube during kicking. While you're sitting, no problem. When you're kicking, the swaying motion of your hip create fatigue of your hip and knee joints, which you will notice later after a few months of usages. By then, it's an issue that you may or may not be able to recover from as quickly. That's why I'm putting this mod into the thinking tank on all level. It's good to have a wife in the medical profession, friends in the orthopedic, and brother and his girl in nutrition. You learn from all areas to apply into your mods.

15Fish Cat seat too hard.. Empty Re: Fish Cat seat too hard.. Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 pm

ustolemymarbles

ustolemymarbles
FTFF Gathering Officer

hmm good point. I dont feel like I'm sitting high enough to actually involve my hips into my kicking...at least I dont notice it, but good point none-the-less. Definitely keeping that in mind on my next outing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum