FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt

+13
sonarbp
bucketmouthking
Love2fish
bayfishingjunkie
Monster
ed5000x
fever
smith's handpoured baits
Dano67
flyfishingfool
Madbasser
waxon67
jeffcpr
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

326Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I say the next gathering in the salt should be in San Diego..... or Dana Point.

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

327Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:33 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I may have to pass the next one off to another member to handle anyone want to take it on.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

328Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:38 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:just use that fishing tape they sell everywhere. a few wraps around thumb and your all good. but then again I love to see my thumbs all rew and skinless because it means it was a good day

I got some finger tape at the Hall show. Turns out it's just Coflex. Jeff you might know what I mean. Anyway, if anyone needs that stuff...I'm your man. But only one color...FLESH! I can get it from work.

329Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:Thanks to everyone for a fun filled day. I apologize for the quick exit but the wife has been very cool with all the fishing time so I had to make sure I made it back in time. I ended up with a total of 4 spotted bay bass 3 shorts and one that taped out at 14" and weighed 1.1 pounds. agaimn I have picks and video but cant seem to be able to post them.. Thanks again and cant wait till the next gathering

It was nice fishing with you. I never left that area we started out in. It was a good day for my tally. Catch you next time.

330Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:45 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

waxon67 wrote:
bayfishingjunkie wrote:just use that fishing tape they sell everywhere. a few wraps around thumb and your all good. but then again I love to see my thumbs all rew and skinless because it means it was a good day

I got some finger tape at the Hall show. Turns out it's just Coflex. Jeff you might know what I mean. Anyway, if anyone needs that stuff...I'm your man. But only one color...FLESH! I can get it from work.

How much for a roll bro.

331Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:53 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I takes care of ya'll my brothas. Done be frettin yoselfs. I be commin troo wit da goods. I will try to have a roll fo each of yuz ness time we be fishin toogetha!!

332Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:02 pm

Dano67

Dano67

[quote="jeffcpr"]I may have to pass the next one off to another member to handle anyone want to take it on.[/quo

I will do it cheers

333Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:17 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dano is the Mano

334Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The main reason I always keep a lip gripper with me in the harbor is for SCULPINS! and they can be useful on Rays depending on the type of lip gripper. I know most people just freak and cut the line but if I can help it I don't like leaving jigs in them especially with a few feet of line dangling from it.

335Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Vagabond wrote:The main reason I always keep a lip gripper with me in the harbor is for SCULPINS! and they can be useful on Rays depending on the type of lip gripper. I know most people just freak and cut the line but if I can help it I don't like leaving jigs in them especially with a few feet of line dangling from it.

AGREEEEEEED! As for Bat Rays and Sting Rays, I just cut the line as close to the bait as I can get to. I don't want to be stung by a stinger! For the Sculpins, I totally agree! I still lip them because I know I won't let go! LOL! I'd be super duper afraid of the lipper failing and that Sculpin and all it's spiny glory landing on my lap!

336Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:30 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
Vagabond wrote:The main reason I always keep a lip gripper with me in the harbor is for SCULPINS! and they can be useful on Rays depending on the type of lip gripper. I know most people just freak and cut the line but if I can help it I don't like leaving jigs in them especially with a few feet of line dangling from it.

AGREEEEEEED! As for Bat Rays and Sting Rays, I just cut the line as close to the bait as I can get to. I don't want to be stung by a stinger! For the Sculpins, I totally agree! I still lip them because I know I won't let go! LOL! I'd be super duper afraid of the lipper failing and that Sculpin and all it's spiny glory landing on my lap!

LC You Got Some Big COCO NUTS! now I Know Why You Got That Name Lagunacoconut Lol

337Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:33 pm

ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

LC You Got Some Big COCO NUTS! now I Know Why You Got That Name Lagunacoconut Lol

LOL Ed! Muahahahah! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

338Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[quote="Dano67"]
jeffcpr wrote:I may have to pass the next one off to another member to handle anyone want to take it on.[/quo

I will do it cheers

Dano U rock! Way to step up!

339Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

LOL Ed! Muahahahah! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

TMI LOL!!!

340Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:10 am

Dano67

Dano67

Still not doing it Evil or Very Mad

341Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:13 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Still not doing it Evil or Very Mad

Me Neither Evil or Very Mad

342Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:
Dano67 wrote:Still not doing it Evil or Very Mad

Me Neither Evil or Very Mad
Theres Talk About Tape For Your Thumb Maybe Twisted Evil

343Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I was thinking of trying some of that rescue tape they sell at gun, fishing and outdoor shows as thumb wrap. Seems pretty tough and dense and it only sticks to itself.

Short story I took 5 friends out on a Davey's locker skiff out of Newport and 4 out of the five had never fished before. Back then the Davey's skiffs would get a inch or two of water in the bottom from slow leaks. All 6 of us were wearing flip-flops when one of the guys catches a 9 inch Sculpin brings it into the boat to have it throw the hook and fall into the boat with us and start swimming around in our two inches of water. Everyone was laughing till I screamed it was poisones! then everyone was scrambling onto boat seats and the ice chest. With no net it took me almost 10 minutes to scoop the thing out with our cooler lid and by then the harbor patrol had spotted the comotion and come by to see what the heck we were doing and why we drifted into a swimming area.

344Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That was a good store I would have loved to see that from another boat. I would have laughed my ars off. I once say a guy lose his thumb as he was trying to undo a birds nest and got a good strick. The line took off with out him noticing and with in few seconds it wrapped around his thumb and off it came. Needless to say the fish got away iut even got the pole as well.

345Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Holy crap Jeff that is horrible!

I saw a guy at Newport pier that didn't know better full fist a baby sculpin while trying to get it off his hook. It was like slow motion as a another guy yelled at him not to but too late guy was screaming till the life gards showed up.

346Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:43 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man Sculpion And Flip-flop
There Was A Guy And Two Kids On A Fish Boat Last Year On My Birthday Waring Flip-Flops He Was Doing Good Untill On The Way Back There Was A Ice Chest Full Of Sculpion And The Deck Hand Started To Clean Them And Dumped Them On The Deck The Guy Did See Them (Maybe It Was All The Beer He Was Drinking ) But He Went Right Into Them And Kicked A Few Of Them He Was Crying Like A BAby All The Way Back He Could Barely Walk Off The Boat I Felt Sorry For The Kids Shocked

347Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Don't get stuck by this fish! The dorsal fin and the spikes on the gill plate have poison! If you are out on a boat and do get stuck, you must immediately find HOT COFFEE to pour over the spiked area and OR believe it or not, you have to URINE your own PEEPEE on the area stung! The ammonia in your peepee will help neutralize the venom some and ease the pain a bit. I know. Sounds like a joke but this is the best remedy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

348Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

same as jelly fish right?

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

349Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Geez everything about that little bugger says don't touch me! My lip gripper might even have second thoughts about touching that one.

350Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: Float Tube Forum Gathering in the salt Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thats a mean looking bugger!!.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum