FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

7/03 Barrett Lake

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

17/03 Barrett Lake Empty 7/03 Barrett Lake Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:13 pm

What's up guys
Hit up Barrett Lake yesterday with the boys from Bass Underground for half day trip. Fishing was fun but the catching was slow. We ended the day with about 15 fish for the 3 of us and biggest going 2lbs that was mine lol
Lakes level is low and is dropping about 3ft a week. Over all the lake has dropped about 28ft in 2yrs

Anyways here is couple of pix
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope everyone is having an awesome 4th of July and I'm off to go get ready for a twilight trip tonight

27/03 Barrett Lake Empty Re: 7/03 Barrett Lake Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Maskedfisherdude

Maskedfisherdude
FTFF Gathering Officer

I tube Barrett a few times a month and the lake is dropping fast and the fish have been schooled up in deeper water. There is also a ton of shad and fry right now. I've been doing good with cranks in the morning and drop shot and t rigged brush hogs once the sun comes up.

37/03 Barrett Lake Empty Re: 7/03 Barrett Lake Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice job getting the kicker fish miller!

47/03 Barrett Lake Empty Re: 7/03 Barrett Lake Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Maskedfisherdude wrote:I tube Barrett a few times a month and the lake is dropping fast and the fish have been schooled up in deeper water. There is also a ton of shad and fry right now. I've been doing good with cranks in the morning and drop shot and t rigged brush hogs once the sun comes up.

I metered a lot of bait fish and bass but it was hard to get them to bite. I spent half the morning just to get dailed in. I wanna go back again before they close and give it another try. I will say this that lake is deep. There was some stick ups that where in 40ft of water. Never seen that before.

57/03 Barrett Lake Empty Re: 7/03 Barrett Lake Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:52 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice job Miller. Slow day still a fun day in my book!

67/03 Barrett Lake Empty Re: 7/03 Barrett Lake Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:09 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It blew!

77/03 Barrett Lake Empty Re: 7/03 Barrett Lake Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Maskedfisherdude

Maskedfisherdude
FTFF Gathering Officer

miller wrote:
Maskedfisherdude wrote:I tube Barrett a few times a month and the lake is dropping fast and the fish have been schooled up in deeper water. There is also a ton of shad and fry right now. I've been doing good with cranks in the morning and drop shot and t rigged brush hogs once the sun comes up.

I metered a lot of bait fish and bass but it was hard to get them to bite. I spent half the morning just to get dailed in. I wanna go back again before they close and give it another try. I will say this that lake is deep. There was some stick ups that where in 40ft of water. Never seen that before.

I've been fishing the B since the late 90's. in the pine creek arm there is standing timber from the mouth to the end of the arm. Houser is mostly a big flat with some brush piles and some timber. But that lake is not fishing like its usual self. I got a ticket for opener and fished till they chased us out and ended with only 35. The problem is they are dropping it about 2 feet a week  and the amount of bait in the water right now is crazy. Last week I didn't catch a bass till 1130. I was freaking out. So I grabbed a my confidence bait and went to work out deep and was rewarded. I am yet to catch a fish on a jig there this year and have caught more bluegill on top water than bass. But I guess that's why it's called fishing....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum