FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Today at 3:54 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Today at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today's Public Service Announcement

+5
wiseguy
fatboy531
n2deepfsw
Hammer 4
.:LOLLY:.
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Today's Public Service Announcement Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you don't already have your fishing license (which I hope all of you do) get one ASAP! Also, you freshwater guys, don't forget that you need an ocean enhancement stamp in order to fish the salt. It's in the $5 range.

Reason I'm saying this is because I just found out that my cousins husband recently got caught by DFG and he didn't buy a license this year. I was curious and cruised on over to the DFG website... according to the DFG site, the initial ticket is $200...but wait there's more... after court fees and all that fun stuff, you are looking at a whopping $800 Shocked you read that right and no it was not a type-o.

If you thought you couldn't afford a $50 license, just wait until you get popped...

2Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:32 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yup, pretty much 0 tolerance re: not having a fish lic.

3Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:02 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Some people have to learn the hard way, good on the dfg!

4Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's some good info there Lolly. I work with the court system and TRUE DFG does not mess around. The fines multiply with every infraction they find. Fishing without a license, illegal catch, illegal form of fishing, too many hooks the list goes on. there are tons of people that think they can fight it. As if it were a traffic ticket. They show up and fight. Not that easy to get out of those. It's deff better to spend that extra $$$ consider it insurance. I get all that they offer even the second rod endorsement. You never know when they are looking.

5Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:46 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Out of all the years I have been fishing I've only been asked for my license once but you better believe I have it on me each and every time. I even have it when fishing piers. There was once when it wasn't until I got to the water that I realized I didn't have it so I went home.

6Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:53 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

what the heck is DFG?

I only know of DFW.Red Smile 

7Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

At Santa Fe dam the sit in the truck at a distance and use binoculars to scan the waters. They keep an eye out. They roll up on you before you know it. They check there often. Better not be caught without it.

8Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:45 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've been asked 3 times, once at Piru lake, DVL, and at the LAB.

Met Don Nelson at Legg Lake one day, not sure if he's still with the DFG, but they did and do patrol city lakes.

9Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Question, say I forgot mine and get sited, if I go to court with proof of license purchase before the sitation was issued, will it be dismissed?

10Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:Question, say I forgot mine and get sited, if I go to court with proof of license purchase before the sitation was issued, will it be dismissed?
This is also covered on the website. It doesn't get dismissed but it gets reduced to about 150. It doesn't really matter when you bought it. The important thing is where it's at when they ask for it.

11Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:Question,  say I forgot mine and get sited, if I go to court with proof of license purchase before the sitation was issued,  will it be dismissed?
This is also covered on the website. It doesn't get dismissed but it gets reduced to about 150. It doesn't really matter when you bought it. The important thing is where it's at when they ask for it.
I see. Thanx for the 411 I have gotten away with murder twice!! Nice officers :b

12Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:29 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
.:LOLLY:. wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:Question,  say I forgot mine and get sited, if I go to court with proof of license purchase before the sitation was issued,  will it be dismissed?
I see. Thanx for the 411 I have gotten away with murder twice!! Nice officers :b

That's luck there, brotha!!! I've been asked what I caught by DFG. When I told them it was all catch and release. The asked if I had a license I said "yes" but he didn't want to see it. That's the closest encounter I've had.

13Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:48 am

mbrito88

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Plus its just cool to have. I mean c'mon its waterproof paper! I tell friends n family that n they always wanna test it out but I'm like no just encase lol

14Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:37 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got cited once a long time ago when I use to kayak fish, long story short, I was fishing from cherry beach, caught a short halibut, kept it, warden was waiting for me on shore Shocked , gave me a ticket, went to court, "donated 1G"...lesson learned!

15Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:15 pm

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:I got cited once a long time ago when I use to kayak fish, long story short, I was fishing from cherry beach, caught a short halibut, kept it, warden was waiting for me on shore Shocked , gave me a ticket, went to court, "donated 1G"...lesson learned!
Curious, what did you get sited for??

Also:

I always keep my license where you pretty much can see it. Have been told you don't need to display it anymore????

16Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's correct. You do not need to display it anymore but you better have it on you.

17Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:30 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's all good info. I better take look at the regulations to make sure I know a little about most of it. To cover my ass!!!

18Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:13 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fishntoss wrote:
wiseguy wrote:I got cited once a long time ago when I use to kayak fish, long story short, I was fishing from cherry beach, caught a short halibut, kept it, warden was waiting for me on shore Shocked , gave me a ticket, went to court, "donated 1G"...lesson learned!
Curious, what did you get sited for??

Also:

I always keep my license where you pretty much can see it. Have been told you don't need to display it anymore????
the short halibut (under minimum size).Embarassed 

19Today's Public Service Announcement Empty Re: Today's Public Service Announcement Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:02 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fishntoss wrote:Also:
That's incorrect. You need to carry your permit, and don't have to display it always. However, the license is required to be presented at hand. Unless your license is lost, since your driver license is tied to your fishing license, it can be verified by the warden with just a quick login access from his laptop to DFW site, or a quick call to the local HQ.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum