FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heading out for a day at DVL

+5
Fisher
desertstorm28
Tony G Fishing
wiseguy
fatboy531
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:38 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah!! I knew I had to change to something that was gonna work the bottom more. But had the custom out there to get used to swinging big baits. True...anyday on the water is better than work. Wish I had the day off to join y'all tomorrow. The bass taxi was cool he did have some issues at the end his truck
Wouldn't start after he loaded up the boat. Overall a great time.

27Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:42 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

true sometimes it's best to commit to something for the day that way you don't get frustrated by throwing everything in your box for a short time. All that matters is you have a good time... have you considered hiring a guide like Pete Marino or someone?

28Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:44 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

desertstorm28 wrote:true sometimes it's best to commit to something for the day that way you don't get frustrated by throwing everything in your box for a short time.  All that matters is you have a good time... have you considered hiring a guide like Pete Marino or someone?
I've been to a seminar whet Pete Marino spoke about the lakes and the best techniques at bass pro. I took his advise on the dropshot technique At the beginning of the season. Put me on some lunkers. I'm gonna look into that see what it runs me. Thx

29Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Fatboy,

Thanks for the report, man that would have been badass to get on some fish....all good anyday on the water is better than being at home....always have next time bro....

tony G

30Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Bummer re: the skunk, but don't feel bad, your not the only one..green happy 

DVL can be weird, sometimes when you expect the larger fish to be in deeper water, they turn up in 2' of water near the shore. There are some good spots just off shore to fish, the problem is you have to meter those places which takes time, but can pay off big time. Better luck next time.Thumbs Up 

31Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:22 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:Bummer re: the skunk, but don't feel bad, your not the only one..green happy 

DVL can be weird, sometimes when you expect the larger fish to be in deeper water, they turn up in 2' of water near the shore. There are some good spots just off shore to fish, the problem is you have to meter those places which takes time, but can pay off big time. Better luck next time.Thumbs Up 

Yeah!!! My first time. Didn't expect any different. But I will be back and I will get me some. Lmao!!!

32Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:35 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good report Fatboy, too bad about the skunk, don't feel bad, like they say, a slow day fishing beats your best day at work! That is so true! Glad you got to toss those big baits with the new rod, you'll get one soon!

33Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:Good report Fatboy, too bad about the skunk, don't feel bad, like they say, a slow day fishing beats your best day at work! That is so true!  Glad you got to toss those big baits with the new rod, you'll get one soon!

I was comfortable tossing them 8oz swimmers. That rod handles like a champ. Plus it's real lite which minimized fatigue. That S**t rocks!!!

34Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fatboy531 wrote:Hello there boys. Yesterday's outing at DVL was not the most productive but had a good time on the boat with Aquaholic who decided to go halves with me. Thank you for that brotha!!! Started off by hitting the corner if the ponds. No strikes no chasers. That lake gets very deep very fast. Water clarity is about 20ft. We were tossing the big baits. I was using a 8" hudd and Aqua was tossing 9" triple trout. Had no problem tossing 50-80 feet with the new WISEGUY custom. Had one chaser it was a beast but he wasn't fooled. Aqua got hit late in the day. Broke off at the surface.  The stripers were boiling about 3:30 pm but the lake closes at 4:15 so no time to change up strategy. We needed to get out. Long story short I was skunked!!!! What to do?!? Next time I hope. It's been a while since I fished fresh. Gotta sharpen up them skills.
Hey thank you fatboy for sharing the joy! It was pretty cool fishing from a bass boat! Is the first hit I get in my 10" triple trout!!! It was awesome!! I think is got a lot to do that I put a 3" of 20# flourocarbon leader. Water is way too clear and my line is 80# braided green. I'm ready to try that again!

35Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
fatboy531 wrote:Hello there boys. Yesterday's outing at DVL was not the most productive but had a good time on the boat with Aquaholic who decided to go halves with me. Thank you for that brotha!!! Started off by hitting the corner if the ponds. No strikes no chasers. That lake gets very deep very fast. Water clarity is about 20ft. We were tossing the big baits. I was using a 8" hudd and Aqua was tossing 9" triple trout. Had no problem tossing 50-80 feet with the new WISEGUY custom. Had one chaser it was a beast but he wasn't fooled. Aqua got hit late in the day. Broke off at the surface.  The stripers were boiling about 3:30 pm but the lake closes at 4:15 so no time to change up strategy. We needed to get out. Long story short I was skunked!!!! What to do?!? Next time I hope. It's been a while since I fished fresh. Gotta sharpen up them skills.
Hey thank you fatboy for sharing the joy! It was pretty cool fishing from a bass boat! Is the first hit I get in my 10" triple trout!!! It was awesome!! I think is got a lot to do that I put a 3" of 20# flourocarbon leader.  Water is way too clear and my line is 80# braided green. I'm ready to try that again!
We'll do it again after the gatherings. For sure.

36Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fatboy531 wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:
Hey thank you fatboy for sharing the joy! It was pretty cool fishing from a bass boat! Is the first hit I get in my 10" triple trout!!! It was awesome!! I think is got a lot to do that I put a 3" of 20# flourocarbon leader.  Water is way too clear and my line is 80# braided green. I'm ready to try that again!
We'll do it again after the gatherings. For sure.
I'm in on the next one vatos!

37Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:25 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

I'm way game on DVL....keep me posted......

38Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sweet!! After the gatherings for sure. They have brand new skiffs for rent there. Gotta say they are pretty sweet.

39Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Next time we go I'm defiantly renting a boat that hike from point to point was no joke but I still had a good time

40Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:10 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ChompOnThis wrote:Next time we go I'm defiantly renting a boat that hike from point to point was no joke but I still had a good time
Hey Chomp, I'm in shape too...round is a shape!Red Smile 

41Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:27 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:
ChompOnThis wrote:Next time we go I'm defiantly renting a boat that hike from point to point was no joke but I still had a good time
Hey Chomp, I'm in shape too...round is a shape!Red Smile 
It's tough to maintain a sphere-ish figure. Lol

42Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:40 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Takes a lot of time and dedication Thumbs Up 

43Heading out for a day at DVL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Heading out for a day at DVL Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:20 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Those Lunds are nice boats and their only like 60 bucks for a full day and I you go on a Wednesday all rentals are half off!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum