FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question of the month?

+9
fatboy531
hobie278
Renegade
wiseguy
n2deepfsw
bballnono
Tony G Fishing
.:LOLLY:.
Aquaholic38
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Question of the month? Empty Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:33 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What’s your No. 1 winter project when it’s too cold to fish?
- Bassmaster Magazine

2Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:13 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

100% tear down of all my reels and re-organize all my tackle.

3Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:09 am

X2 with Lolly but the last 2 yrs not so much

4Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:14 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fix my 1970 searay

5Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:40 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Aquaholic,

cold? ummm hit the local lakes for trout they like the cold! but it seems the bite is steady even at NPH when its cold....so i guess just keep fishing.....  Thumbs Up 

tonyG

6Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:06 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Hey Aquaholic,

cold? ummm hit the local lakes for trout they like the cold! but it seems the bite is steady even at NPH when its cold....so i guess just keep fishing.....  Thumbs Up 

tonyG
Is from bass magazing, I'm pretty sure they're talking about lmb fishing but yeah, is never too cold for fishing! Right!?

7Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:11 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

my bad lol LMB...umm i guess ive never really targeted it in the cold months cuz of trout, seems once trout comes into play i just fish for it u know.....ill have to try it though...will see how it goes when the FTFF hits perris tomorrow....

8Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:30 am

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

to get my 9 foot bass boat up and running. It will be good for when it is too cold to float tube.

9Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:34 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Too cold to float tube? Is that even possible? LOL j/k

10Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:06 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It's never to cold to fish!

11Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:08 pm

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Too cold to float tube? Is that even possible? LOL j/k
Being 6'5" and 165lbs, yes its possible. lol. Im really skinny and my wetsuit is full of holes so I get cold really easily.

12Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bballnono wrote:
Being 6'5" and 165lbs, yes its possible. lol. Im really skinny and my wetsuit is full of holes so I get cold really easily.

Wish I had this problem!

13Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:
bballnono wrote:

Wish I had this problem!
Lmao me too!

14Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:21 pm

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I know, lol. Ive got to enjoy it while it lasts.

15Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It has been 7 to 9 degrees here... So, being a fly fisher, I tie flies. Yes too cold to fish. Guides ice up every cast. Not to mention, an invitation to a broken rod.
Rivers on the other hand....

16Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:53 am

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I put on my 5mm wetsuit and go diving for bugs.

17Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:26 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is gonna be my first winter on a tube. I would generally hit the local lake for trout and S.A.R.L for shore fishing. I'm deff gonna be doing some tubing for trout. I need to by some solid long johns and thermals for layers. I also enjoy snowboarding but here in so cal. You only have a few options and it's always crowded. Plus it gets expensive to drive out at the park pass can run a pretty penny. The cold weather will not slow my fishing game down. It's just time to change strategy. Slow and low... I think I might purchase an anchor to help deal with windy days. Anyone have any suggestions?

18Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:39 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fatboy531 wrote:This is gonna be my first winter on a tube. I would generally hit the local lake for trout and S.A.R.L for shore fishing. I'm deff gonna be doing some tubing for trout. I need to by some solid long johns and thermals for layers. I also enjoy snowboarding but here in so cal. You only have a few options and it's always crowded. Plus it gets expensive to drive out at the park pass can run a pretty penny. The cold weather will not slow my fishing game down. It's just time to change strategy. Slow and low... I think I might purchase an anchor to help deal with windy days. Anyone have any suggestions?
You can get a 7lbs. Foldable anchor, they're designed for kayaks.

19Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hobie278 wrote:I put on my 5mm wetsuit and go diving for bugs.
I dive fir bugs too! Where you usually go? I usually hit the long beach break wall but on Dic. 3th they made s new law that prohibits all underwater activity there Sad

20Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:05 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've never used an anchor but have heard that a 3lbs collapsible or mushroom anchor is recommended for tubers.

21Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:19 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm gonna look for a deal on one. Just to try it out. Wouldn't hurt to try.

22Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:25 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Some people also use window weights or downrigger balls

23Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Just saw this over on BD. He has weights up to 5lbs that can be used as anchors at really good prices.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:38 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the link LOLLY

25Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:51 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Poor mans anchor...........plastic bottle, bleach or some other that has shape you want, some concrete mix you may have siting around and a galvanized metal 'eye' with nut and large washer. (nut holds washer, washer holds eye in concrete). Even yet, pour concrete into bottle and use plastic handle to tie off on, will protect surface of tube..............either way, cheap, and if you lose it , no big deal.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum