FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Today at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Today at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New here....

+5
JsFishSlayer
Tony G Fishing
jeffcpr
.:LOLLY:.
Yellowrock
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New here.... Empty New here.... Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hi everybody! Just wanted to chime in and introduce myself to everybody. My name is Pete aka Yellowrock. I've been fishing for a long long time now. I've done the 1/2 day, 3/4 day, twilight, overnight, 1 1/2 day, 2 day tuna fishing and 5 day long range. I'm also a freshwater fisher as well. I've done the pay lakes (irvine, Santa Ana, Corona) and eastern sierras (Lone Pine, Bishop, Mammoth). So i've been around. I've been Tubing for about 3 years but only freshwater at Irvine and Corona. Now i've been looking at hitting up some Saltwater Bay fishing. Lokey Rincon on Youtube has gotten me excited about saltwater tubing so if you're here, dude, we need to talk  Very Happy 
Looking forward to getting the most out of this forum and of course, i'd contribute too with reports of my own as well. Anywho.. Hi!!

2New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:47 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the boards you are going to like it here. Lokey was on here before but haven't seen him here in quite a bit.

There is a salt vs fresh friendly gathering coming up on the 22nd. Maybe you should come down and join the salty side. Great group of guys that don't mind showing a newby the ropes  Thumbs Up 

3New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome to the board bro glad you found us, that is a great resume you posted, I can say you are hired. LOL I am sure you will enjoy it here and hoep to see you on the water someday.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

NICE yellowrock!!! welcome to the forum....youll love this place....  Thumbs Up  cant wait to see some reports!!

Tony G

5New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Welcome Yellowrock ,

The bay looks like it would be fun to fish , one of these days I will get out there myself . Feel free to ask any questions if you got them we have a great groups of people here .

See you on the water

6New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:26 pm

welcome buddy

7New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:10 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Welcome to the boards. Lokey is on here, just not much lately since he's a workaholic now.

If you have questions, ask away, and someone will get around to you. We have a pretty diverse group of fresh and SW anglers here and we're pretty helpful (most of the time...  lol!  ). We also enjoy hearing stories and any tips/tricks you may have yourself.

Post away!!

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

8New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:00 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome to the board... if you need any info about the bays hit me up or if you want to go fish let me know as well I'm in the bays at least once or twice a week unless I'm sick which was the case this last week....

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

9New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Wow. Thanks for making me feel welcomed. I think I'm going to give it a shot this coming Monday. Hammer and Lolly gave me some pointers and where to launch out of LAB on another thread so I just might give it a shot. Just need to reschedule a few things.
I've got some Fish Trap swim baits , wham baits, hammer grubs, irons (tady,salas,sumo), freshwater rapalas crank baits. Any particular color I should try first on the swim baits? I'm sure I'll start picking up more jigs/lures as I get more into this. Do u guys troll on the tube as well and if so what do u troll?

10New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:20 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I personally like to use white baits in the morning and afternoon, or maybe white with a red belly. Really if it is not white for me it is anything with a red belly. I think most of us troll or should I say drag in our tubes I might be wrong but I know I like to. I like to drag either a 4" to 6" worm or a crab lure, the plastic lure type. we move slow enough that they bait always stays in contact with the bottom. Problem is it is easy to miss the strike if you are not holding your rod. There is my problem I am dragging a bait along as I am casting into the dock with my other rod and they bendo and I am to late to set the hook. Oh well could be worse I could have only one rod and be missing out. Good luck bro let us know how it goes for you, please be safe.

11New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks Jeffcpr for the tip. I'll post a report if I go. Also I read about the currents being an issue? Should I be worried or shall I just launch from inside the bay and not too close to the outside?

12New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:05 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Current can be tough but not really a problem that I know of at the LAB. Huntington Harbor can be a tougher tide. Truly we have always said if it is your first time you should go with a buddy, never alone. It can be tough to get use to the currents and keep yourself safe. But in all reality if you have fished a tube before and are confident in your kicking and maneuvering you should be fine. Looking at the tide charts for Monday there is some good movement so just be aware.

13New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:11 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the boards. This place is awesome. As you can tell with the welcome. Everyone here has some sort of helpful info or direction. Feel free to ask anything.

14New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Yellowrock wrote:Wow. Thanks for making me feel welcomed. I think I'm going to give it a shot this coming Monday. Hammer and Lolly gave me some pointers and where to launch out of LAB on another thread so I just might give it a shot. Just need to reschedule a few things.
I've got some Fish Trap swim baits , wham baits, hammer grubs, irons (tady,salas,sumo), freshwater rapalas crank baits. Any particular color I should try first on the swim baits? I'm sure I'll start picking up more jigs/lures as I get more into this. Do u guys troll on the tube as well and if so what do u troll?

Leave the irons at home and take everything else with you. Fishing the bay is just like fish for LMB.

15New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome to the forum. I'm sort of a newbie myself as I have been out a few times on my tube. I just went out of 72nd street on Tuesday morning with Jesus, another member of this form and the current was nice, while kicking out, but the tide really picked up in the middle of the harbor. I'm sad to say my outing produced a SKUNK! I really want to try the inside of the harbor away from the inlet as the current should not be a strong there.

I would really recommend going with another member to get you comfortable on the tube in the bay. Watch out for "sea dogs" they pop up near you and scare the S#@t out of you. PM me your info and I will be down to tube with you if during the week in the morning.

16New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

oh the memories... I still remember my first encounter with a seal. It was at Newport and scared the living daylights out of me then that same day my buddy bumped into a buoy and thought it was a seal. Good times!

17New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LMFAO!!! Sea dogs... They pop up unexpected. Had a few just pop up a few feet away from and bark!!! All I could see is his large teeth and the steam from the bark. Scary stuff.

18New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:41 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:oh the memories... I still remember my first encounter with a seal. It was at Newport and scared the living daylights out of me then that same day my buddy bumped into a buoy and thought it was a seal. Good times!

That is a funny ass story, but I can imagine the look in your eyes  Shocked 

19New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:51 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You get used to it though. I mean I still keep an eye out for them but now I'll still keep doing what I'm doing instead of trying to get out of there as fast as I can. Back in the day I would kick up rooster tails with how fast I would try and get away from them.

20New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ha Ha Ha that is funny my big encounter was nothing but I went white when it happened. Fish HH in the evening I was kick around the board in the Harbor having a good time when I turned the corner and came face to face with what must have been a 500+ lbs seal. He was asleep but took the time to open his eyes and look right at me, I was so close I could have touched him. I think I actually jumped back in the water. He snorted and went back to sleep, I signed and I think wet myself but went back to sleep and stayed far way from that boat.

21New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:Ha Ha Ha that is funny my big encounter was nothing but I went white when it happened.  Fish HH in the evening I was kick around the board in the Harbor having a good time when I turned the corner and came face to face with what must have been a 500+ lbs seal.  He was asleep but took the time to open his eyes and look right at me, I was so close I could have touched him.  I think I actually jumped back in the water.  He snorted and went back to sleep, I signed and I think wet myself but went back to sleep and stayed far way from that boat.

That sounded like a huge beast. I would have been kicking so hard, you would think my tube had a outboard motor on it.  lol! 

22New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:34 pm

last year I had a rattlesnake trying to climb into my tube with me on the water , does that count has a close encounter ?

23New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:10 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Misfitdog wrote:last year I had a rattlesnake trying to climb into my tube with me on the water , does that count has a  close encounter ?

Ya I would say that counts I would have pissed my pants right there bro. for sure.  affraid 

24New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:18 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

My first with a seal was in Newport bay I was fishing alone all night and by 4am I was trippin a little and I was doing ninja S**t on one of those no fishing docks when a huge seal came out of the water and onto my dock. And he was pissed barking and grunting as he shuffled towards me I was swinging my gloomis like I was Zoro or something the bad thing was my tackle bag was now behind the seal... he eventually jumped back into the bay but that was not cool for a moment

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

25New here.... Empty Re: New here.... Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome Yellowrock, that sounds Native American-ish.
Glad u foind the site.
Its great here. Lots of great ppl and excellent info

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum