FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mohawk Lead head and Sea Cobra swimbait

+5
Chomps
NachoOne
Hookem562
jeffcpr
wiseguy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Loaded up on these baits by Jimmy's Tackle Long Beach at the FHS. All I can say is the quality is awesome and they catch fish!

The lead heads come in 27 different colors! Very nice selection!

Also rigged up the lead heads with some sierra slammers and was killing it!

They come in all sizes, so they have most every application covered. Get some, I highly recommend them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Those lead heads are killer looking and I really like the Sierra Slammers I need to try some of those baits, thanks for sharing.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Hookem562

Hookem562
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yeepppppp Jimmy's is my go to tackle store great selection also great looking heads

NachoOne

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Awesome looking baits, I need some of those. Jimmy, where is this store located?
I like them.

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nacho, he's in Long Beach.  Here is his address.

2260 Long Beach Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90806

and his website is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

his website is still in production, so you wont see the baits and lead heads, but go to his store and you will see everything he has to offer, great guy, ask for Jimmy.

Aggressive looking swimmers for sure . you all have the cool tackle shops out there in the bays ! I have Last Chance bait and Tackle 35 minutes away and BPS 40min away , my only choices lol

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That shop is about 3 blocks away from my house he has a good selection on big hammers also. I use to go there once a week to raid the bargain bin found some magic worms similar to robos but came in 50 count bags for 2 bux I also found some sweet beavers also in that bin. just thinking about it makes me wanna go look to see what's new in that bin lol

NachoOne

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey Jimmy, thanks for the address, I will be heading their way this week to buy the stuff you showed on this site. Those are pretty hot looking baits!
Thanks!
Nacho

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Spoke to a few guys at their booth at the FHS and they're helpful and down to earth. Gave me some suggestions on some worm plastics with their warbaits looking Mohawk lead heads and bam... They work. First cast and hung a spottie in the LAB. I posted it up on their fb page. Going to go pick up some more from them at the shop.

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sorry j, i mistakenly deleted your post, here is your answer.

I think I saw them all the way up to 1oz if I remember correctly. Everything under the 1/2oz size was $4 for a pack of three! That's right three! 3/4oz and over it was still $4 a pack for two. Cant beat those prices anywhere! And the quality is very good.

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yellowrock wrote:Spoke to a few guys at their booth at the FHS and they're helpful and down to earth. Gave me some suggestions on some worm plastics with their warbaits looking Mohawk lead heads and bam... They work. First cast and hung a spottie in the LAB. I posted it up on their fb page. Going to go pick up some more from them at the shop.

I really don't think they look like warbaits.  Different head, different eyes.  One thing i like about them is the shorter hooks, less of those hook ups all the way through the fishes eyes.

these are both 1/2oz models.

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

X2 I also prefer the mohawks over the warbaits not even considering the price. The cheap price is just a bonus.

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:sorry j, i mistakenly deleted your post, here is your answer.

I think I saw them all the way up to 1oz if I remember correctly. Everything under the 1/2oz size was $4 for a pack of three! That's right three!  3/4oz and over it was still $4 a pack for two. Cant beat those prices anywhere! And the quality is very good.

Thanks bud! That is a hell of a price for them. I'm with you on the shorter shank. I have a bunch of the T & C heads in 1/4oz and they have a short shank. Since Kevin is sort of out of business now with T & C, I have been looking for some replacements. Thanks for the info on this product and this shop. I will stop by for sure and check them out.

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:Loaded up on these baits by Jimmy's Tackle Long Beach at the FHS. All I can say is the quality is awesome and they catch fish!  

They come in all sizes, so they have most every application covered.  Get some, I highly recommend them.

What kind of plastics are those in the top picture?

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jmerical those are Also a swimbait that the tackle shop makes they are called sea cobra

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:Loaded up on these baits by Jimmy's Tackle Long Beach at the FHS. All I can say is the quality is awesome and they catch fish!  

They come in all sizes, so they have most every application covered.  Get some, I highly recommend them.

Do you fish those Sierra Slammers in the salt? I'm going by the shop today on my way home from work to pick up soon goodies. Thanks the the lead on this shop and the products.

keada714

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jimmy, I forgot but how did these hold up? If i can remember you were hooking up on the same bait for some time?

NachoOne

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Also, what is your recommendation for the size of swimbaits and lead head weight? Yep, the next question is where is your best place to catch fish and I will not tell anyone. Ha ha.

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I fish everything in the salt. Mark, they held up pretty good. Couple chips on the lead heads from blind casting into the rocks. The swimbaits are durable to say the least, caught several fish on the same bait and the swimbait is still in one piece.

Nacho, I fish 1/2 mostly and 3/4 or even 1oz if I'm fishing deep structure.

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Okay, guys. I went to the shop and bought a bunch of heads and plastics. Jimmy at the shop is awesome and his porudcts are great. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I'm very impressed as to the quality of the products and the packaging of the heads. The plastics are inexpensive at $.50 for the 4" and $.75 on the 5". I even saw 3" big hammers for $.50 each, which are the price they were being sold at the Fred Hall show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum