FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Today at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you photograph on the water?

+3
Yellowrock
Ifishtoolittle
Jerdon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do you photograph on the water? Empty How do you photograph on the water? Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I have a question, what device are you taking photos with on the water and how are you storing it? I see some Go-Pro set ups all water proofed while other people are using their cell phones. I have been fearful about using the cell and I have it in a ziplock when I take it on the water, just not real convenient when handling a fish.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

2How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Get a waterproof phone case if you want to just snap some decent photos and not worry about soaking your phone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have a similar model which I use for my iphone. I also add a leash to the case with a carabiner and clip it to my tube.

3How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:05 am

Aww Jerdon , If I would have known you where looking for a camera I could have helped you out . I just  pretty much gave away a waterproof camera from work because a newer model was released and I needed my old display gone ASAP (camera was only out for 5 months and they changed it ) . sold a $250 waterproof for $65 ...  

Anyhow like was said you can get a waterproof case for your phone , but that wont be ideal for some because a lot of people still use very outdated phones with cameras that are terrible . Search waterproof cameras on Amazon and you can come across some nice cameras with dual facing lcd screens to help you take those pictures solo . kind of like this  ?

4How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:17 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I just use my iphone and place it on the right pocket on my FC4 and it's readily available when needed. I can text it to people or post up on fb right at the same moment the fish is caught. The clarity of the Iphone is way better than the Cannon EOS that I have/had. I don't see what all the fuss is about it getting wet. For the most part, my waste on up is completely dry with the occasional splatter of water when the fish is kicking as I'm trying to lip it. Other than that, easy peasy.

5How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Yellowrock wrote:I just use my iphone

Yup as long as you have battery , I cannot tell you how many times I hear people @ work , around town or on the water Screaming WTF I just charged my Iphone and its Dead already. I will say this though that it takes great photos , but so do a lot of other phones that dont have this issue  Thumbs Up 

Me personally I will never own a apple product ever !

WES

6How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great tip for the waterproof phone case it is only 9 bucks! I was thinking of a new camera just for the water sports cause I leave my phone behind.
Yellowrock, you are a more agile man than myself. I have dropped my glasses, my hats, my soda, my beer, my hooks, my weights, my lures, and assorted hardware from my tube. I just didn't want to add my phone to the list. I was thinking I needed something that is lashed and floats.
But I really want to hear what others are doing for photos.

7How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just have other people take pictures of my catch with their phone that way you don't have to worry about dropping your own phone  Thumbs Up 

But I also have a waterproof phone

8How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:21 am

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

We have a trashy old camera thats probably worth like 5 bucks, but it still takes decent pictures. We sometimes use that, but most of the time we tube with Gettinsalty and he brings his go pro.

9How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

i really need to get a waterproof case but i just hold my camera pretty hard and hope it doesnt slip off.... Thumbs Up but once i get this new galaxy5 for sure waterproof it!

10How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

11How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

GoPro

You don't need the fancy new GP3, I still use my original one and love it. Here is a cool trick for yeah!

Use the GP, and get a small lanyard. Use the mounting holes on the bottom to place the lanyard securely and put a carabiner on it. When you don't use it clip it to your 'toon. Let it hang in the water, doesn't matter. When you DO get a fish, film the catch instead of snapping a shot. Two birds, one stone.

When home, use your movie player and "pause" the shot that you want as a picture:
CTRL + PRTSC SYSRQ

This copies a picture of your computer monitor, to your clipboard...

Open your picture edit software and open a new "page"...

Hit CTRL + V

Crop & Edit accordingly Smile

12How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:49 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Three brothers, did you take your camera through the surf the other day??
Lolly, I do NOT have a kung fu grip, but I could start tagging along with other people.
Catman, Go Pro seems ideal but I wasnt thinking of dropping 2 or 3 hundred bucks.
Wes, I am still looking so if you have a hook up keep me in mind.

Any other tricks?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

13How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:14 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Also you might want to look into a pouch like this. They are completely submersible and dirt cheap. It has a clear plastic on both sides. That way you can fiddle with your phone and take pictures. Even has a lanyard! I bought one a while back because I was supposed to get a fancy phone but last minute decided to go with a phone that is already waterproof.

14How do you photograph on the water? Empty Re: How do you photograph on the water? Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:02 pm

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

We didn't bring it out through the surf because we didn't think we would catch anything. When we use it in the harbor we just keep it in a small ziploc bag and it has a lanyard too. We prefer to use gettinsalty's go pro though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum