FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Today at 10:56 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 8:27 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frame Transportation Help

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frame Transportation Help Empty Frame Transportation Help Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

So, strange question and situation for some. I live in an apartment, and didn't think some stuff through. Mainly, I can't transport the frame "built" to the truck due to door and entry dimensions. Not to mention I don't want to let people know that I have a friggin' boat in my apartment.

So, I need something that I can throw the whole frame in, either a storage bin with wheels, or a big duffle bag. The other issue is that so many of the folks that provide something big enough, are super expensive.

Any ideas?

The whole thing grouped and stacked is 38"X17"X22"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Just bunjie cord the whole thing together and get a cheap dolly to roll it around in?
With it stacked and bound together, i doubt anyone would know what that is.

3Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Or get one of those big tubs from Wally World and put it in. I have a back yard and just walk right in but I have mine in a big tub since deflated everything just fits in like new

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

4Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:30 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

That's funny CastingCall, I had the same idea with the dolly. It's the same boat as yours so you know what I am talkin' about. I did end up getting a tub from Walmart tonight that should work.

Thanks for the help!

5Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Cool, looks like all three of us on this thread have the same toon...The frame is pretty @#$#% heavy. I keep mine assembled in the garage. Its transporting the thing to the lake assembled thats a pain! I dont have a trailer, and the roof of my mid sized SUV is too narrow to car top it.

6Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:17 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Casting Call wrote:Cool, looks like all three of us on this thread have the same toon...The frame is pretty @#$#% heavy. I keep mine assembled in the garage. Its transporting the thing to the lake assembled thats a pain! I dont have a trailer, and the roof of my mid sized SUV is too narrow to car top it.

Ha! Ok now I don't fill like a chump. It IS heavy, but man it's going to last forever. The day I got it in the mail I put it together, sat down, and tried to figure out a way to make love to it  Razz 

Yeah the box looks like it will hold it all, so I am happy now. Next month I will get the battery and rod holders, as well as building a FF mount.

I timed myself breaking it down (6MIN) and putting it together (11MIN), so not worried about that. I still wish I had a house though, don't take that garage for granted hahaha!!

7Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:17 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I have the frame on the inflate part and then just snap the seat and back carrier on and good to go just deflate and store

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

8Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:49 am

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Catman1979 wrote:
Casting Call wrote:Cool, looks like all three of us on this thread have the same toon...The frame is pretty @#$#% heavy. I keep mine assembled in the garage. Its transporting the thing to the lake assembled thats a pain! I dont have a trailer, and the roof of my mid sized SUV is too narrow to car top it.

Ha! Ok now I don't fill like a chump. It IS heavy, but man it's going to last forever. The day I got it in the mail I put it together, sat down, and tried to figure out a way to make love to it  Razz 

Yeah the box looks like it will hold it all, so I am happy now. Next month I will get the battery and rod holders, as well as building a FF mount.

I timed myself breaking it down (6MIN) and putting it together (11MIN), so not worried about that. I still wish I had a house though, don't take that garage for granted hahaha!!

I dont think anyone wants to know if you figured out a way to make love to your toon..lol

For spare rod holders, I got a bass pro 3 rod holder and velcro strapped it to the side of the rear platform (opposite side of where youll mount your motor). It fits perfectly. I used RAM mounts for my FF. Add a swivel mount to your seat, it makes a world of difference! I put some space washers between the swivel and the frame to put me a little higher too.and for trolling rod holders, a buddy had cut a couple metal tubes about 12" long to fit in the pre-drilled places where the stock holders go. The stock rod holder they give you is total crap.

For the transport wheel, remove the single wheel, put a longer metal tube and put a wheel on each side of the outside of the fork, so you have two wheels spread out instead of one single wheel.  i can have my trolling motor, battery, all my tackle and rods loaded and be able to move it, very very stable.

Post pics after your mods!

9Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:53 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Pavo21 wrote:Yeah I have the frame on the inflate part and then just snap the seat and back carrier on and good to go just deflate and store

Nice! I did think about that one. The box I found will work and the wheels it has will help.

Dying to launch this week, hope our weather holds and we don't get more crap cold. The water is only about 41.5 here right now.

10Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:13 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Wow Casting Call, thanks!!!

I was thinking the wheel situation would be an issue, sounds like a sweet fix. Agh, the swivel will have to wait for next month, but certainly a must have.

Don't worry, nuthin' came out of the love session Smile

Here it is so far, not much in mods yet...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:59 pm

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Ha ha.  I'm in the same boat... so to speak.  I was looking for a duffle at first to store and transport.  But I think the storage bin is a more elegant solution.

Pavo21 wrote:Or get one of those big tubs from Wally World and put it in. I have a back yard and just walk right in but I have mine in a big tub since deflated everything just fits in like new

Pavo21 - how big is that bin from Wally?  The largest single part of the frame I have on my Creek Co toon is 43" x about 16".  Collectively, they packed the frame in the box and it was about a 43" x 18.5" cluster.  Figure, that would be the best I could do as well.  Home Depot has a 54 gal Rubbermaid that is 42.5" but I hate stretching those cuz the lid never gets on there right.  

I may have to just try it to find out.

12Frame Transportation Help Empty Re: Frame Transportation Help Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:22 am

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yeah, I ended up taking the bin back. My stuff didn't fit in it. The duffle bags I have found that could accommodate the size are also a stretch, as most I have seen don't have a large enough opening for some of the frame parts. I did find a solution though! On the CXT, I take the back battery tray off, and leave the wheel in the up position (as you would while on water).

The wheel has enough clearance, and when I put the back tray frame under the seat I can wheel the whole thing downstairs and into my truck in two minutes. You can also take out the pin for the foot rest and hold that with your other hand to stabilize it while wheeling it around. Now it fits through doors when transported in this vertical manner.

The pontoons and ores I roll up and wrap with straps (2nd trip). Then I take the battery tray, storage bags, and rods (3rd trip).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum