FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by jeffcpr Today at 11:05 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modified my force fins

+6
Jerdon
dayhut
wiseguy
fatboy531
Tony G Fishing
.:LOLLY:.
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Modified my force fins Empty Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I had been thinking about it for a while and last night I finally pulled the trigger. I was tired of the heel straps that come with the fins so I changed them out with bungees  Thumbs Up  I gave it a dry run at the house and it is 1000 times easier and faster to get in and out of the fins. Now I just need to get out on the water to see how it really feels.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

some dude on FNN was complaining about the straps on them too....maybe u can show them your pic....good stuff!

3Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

First I have to make sure it works in real life and not only in my head before I start recommending it LMFAO.

4Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

LOL for shizz lol.....

5Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:13 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice mod. Looks super clean. Let me know when you want me drop off mine. Lol

6Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm not voiding the warrantee on my limited edition pair!  Red Smile 

7Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Don't worry maing... as long as I have super glue you will have warrantee  Thumbs Up 
As long as you don't lose anything it's all easily reversible.

8Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:24 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I had been thinking about it for a while and last night I finally pulled the trigger. I was tired of the heel straps that come with the fins so I changed them out with bungees  Thumbs Up  I gave it a dry run at the house and it is 1000 times easier and faster to get in and out of the fins. Now I just need to get out on the water to see how it really feels.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nice work.
So here's a fin costing plenty of money, all innovative and stuff ... And the straps need modifying?
Really?... Mad

Last edited by dayhut on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

9Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

"NEED" is a strong term, I like my straps as they can cinch as tight as I want, and I've had them for 25 years or so. I think if you gave Lolly a brand new Corvette he would find something to change in the first day. He is a master craftsman !

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

10Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Modifying things is in any Mans DNA. My straps were too tight so I lengthened mine with a longer strap that I cut off my FC4 backrest. It's what we do if we see something needs changing. Good for u lolly.

11Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:10 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:"NEED" is a strong term, I like my straps as they can cinch as tight as I want, and I've had them for 25 years or so. I think if you gave Lolly a brand new Corvette he would find something to change in the first day. He is a master craftsman !

Yup!!! LOLLY is the jack of all traits. "Your my boy...BLUE!!!"  lol! 

12Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The guys are right. The fins don't "need" the mod but so far it does seem more comfortable. The only down side to my mod is that bungees don't last as long as the original straps but I have plenty of bungee to take care of that

13Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:54 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:The guys are right. The fins don't "need" the mod but so far it does seem more comfortable. The only down side to my mod is that bungees don't last as long as the original straps but I have plenty of bungee to take care of that
Im still in the throes of fin selection. As you might imagine, everyone says the Force Fins are the best, greatest, Numero Uno, etc.....

It just struck me as odd.
Thanks.

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

14Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Wed May 07, 2014 2:13 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ok... so I had forgot all about this thread and chipmcd's post about the fin leash reminded me about this.

I have had quite a few outings with this conversion and all I can say is I will not be going back to the stock nylon strap. The bungee is WAAAAAAY better. With the stock straps you have to loosen/tighten every time you want to get in/out of them. With the bungee you just cut it to the right length and forget all about it. Also, you don't have to worry about it getting loose on you will tubing. Lastly, since it's a bungee you have constant pressure pushing your foot into the fin unlike the strap that just stays there.

15Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Wed May 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I have never even considered it Lolly so thanks for the idea!
You know a mod works when you forget about it and move on.

16Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Wed May 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's for damn sure Jerdon!

17Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Wed May 07, 2014 5:49 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great job on the mod Lolly. Bungee straps are the only way to go. So easy and comfy.

18Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:27 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

When I bought my FF they came with the bungee straps from the FF manufacturer and I can't complain about them I bought another pair and they have the original straps and I can see how much of a pain they can be. Bungee straps for me

19Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:25 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great idea Alfredo!

20Modified my force fins Empty Re: Modified my force fins Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:26 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Alfredo did this mod to my fins, what a big difference!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum