FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Check out the new odc 420

+8
Mikeotunakiller
Pdawg
Gatorfan
steve-aka-fishy
jeffcpr
Tony G Fishing
.:LOLLY:.
Hookem562
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Check out the new odc 420 Empty Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Hookem562

Hookem562
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What's the difference from this one and previous ones? I'm a Cumberland guy so I have no idea but curiosity wants to know...

3Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

umm from what i read, seems the valves changed and the compartments got a bit bigger... Thumbs Up ill stick to my outcast!

4Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:01 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya it is valves and compartments the valves are on the outside not in the pockets, and the seem to have made the pockets just a little bigger.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:21 pm

steve-aka-fishy

steve-aka-fishy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Cool

6Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The valves are the biggest issue I have with my son's ODC420. That is a huge improvement to the new model!

7Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:05 pm

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

You from G ville ? Go Gators!
Gatorfan wrote:The valves are the biggest issue I have with my son's ODC420.  That is a huge improvement to the new model!

8Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Not gonna lie this color is sexy

9Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

lol it's the exact same thing as the old model with the exception of the valves. Are these new valves Boston Values too? The seam work on this new model seems weak to me.

Oh and this model still has those uncomfortable foam seats.

10Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I like it! Having EASY access to the valves was one of the deciding factors when I picked the Cumberland, plus I've had good experience with the Boston valves.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

11Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 pm

Big differences I see are :
- Push button Valves on the outside - makes it easier to inflate/deflate and bleed on warm days
- Drink holder now -- oh boy
- they list this one @ 14lbs , the old one which i have is labeled 17lbs
- Best thing with the lighter weight they still managed to keep the heavy duty abrasion pvc bottom

I have thought about switching tube , i just cannot other tubes the storage is just terrible , If I see this go on sale again like it was around new years , I will jump all over the new one  Thumbs Up 

12Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:40 am

Hookem562

Hookem562
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Was thinking about the upgrade but I found a cumberland out the door for 150 couldn't pass it up Very Happy 

13Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:18 am

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Pdawg wrote:You from G ville  ? Go Gators!
Gatorfan wrote:The valves are the biggest issue I have with my son's ODC420.  That is a huge improvement to the new model!

Not from Gainesville, I grew up in Longwood and went to Lake Brantley High School in Altamonte Springs. I've been in SoCal since '87 but still support the Gators!

14Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:34 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Wes, how much storage does your tube have? My Cumberland can fit two 3700 size boxes in either of the storage pockets plus my beanie, bandanna, and soft stuff that will wrap around the drink holder.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

15Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It looks like it's got a storage within a storage. Looks pretty cool and the new color is dope.

16Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

haaa right on! I'm moving to High Springs FL in a year. Next time im down in the SD area lets fish man. I know some great spots in SD.
Gatorfan wrote:
Pdawg wrote:You from G ville  ? Go Gators!

Not from Gainesville, I grew up in Longwood and went to Lake Brantley High School in Altamonte Springs.  I've been in SoCal since '87 but still support the Gators!

17Check out the new odc 420 Empty Re: Check out the new odc 420 Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:39 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

This is an awesome upgrade for the ODC 420. I lost my valve on a prior trip and found out the morning of my next trip:( Thank God for West Marine as they had a replacement valve and I was able to hit the water 1 hour late. Better late than never. The valves are easy to lose on the old model. One other huge difference is the valve being outside of the pocket. In the past I have accidently over inflated one of the bladders and I had to unzip the compartment to get clearance for my fingers to twist the valve to let out pressure. Now a push button option to release pressure, very nice upgrade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum