FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by beedee Today at 8:12 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Today at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mission and San Diego Bays report

+4
wiseguy
Tony G Fishing
Pdawg
bayfishingjunkie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Mission and San Diego Bays report Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well I arrived in San Diego on Friday and my buddy Josh and I checked into our hotel. From there we went to Ballast Point Brewery and Kitchen for a beer and dinner. We went to Dana Landing and Launched into Mission Bay at about 630pm. It took about ten minutes before we figured out the bite. They wanted the big 7" baits today. Only problem was that the tide movement was ripping good thing for fishing if you can get your bait down that is. well we figured it out and got about a half dozen spotties with a lot of missed bites to go with that. Boy was it fun now that I have the gas powered outboard hooked up. We cranked her up and flew to our next spot Quivera Basin. That spot was not happening so we tied off and went ashore for dinner of Dorado Ceviche, an artisan cheese plate and a glass of white wine. We left there and took the boat out of the water at about 10pm. We went to sleep and launched again this time in San Diego Bay. our plan was to pick up some live bait and go after the monster Halibut that have been biting there lately. well over night the winds kicked up and when we launched at 430am the big bay was rocking with wind waves and boat wakes that made it very uncomfortable for my little boat to handle. Change of plans. now it was off to work the sheltered areas of the bay . we started hooking up on spotties and lizard fish here and there and got a few short halibut. I was getting most of my fish on crankbaits and Josh was getting his on swimbaits. mainly 7" viejos in pearl/black. we finished up around 10am and headed home. we did manage to fish Diamond Valley for a few hours on sunday but could not get anything to cooperate.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here's a peaceful shot of Josh working the docks

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

2Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Mon May 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Great Report Man .. fishing , good food what more can we ask for ? maybe for the wind to cooperate

3Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Tue May 20, 2014 5:30 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jealous... the land of bendo. 3am - 6am must have been wide. whats the cheap hotel right now? thanks for the report.

4Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Tue May 20, 2014 7:27 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Good stuff bfjunkie...cool pic....what does one of those littke boats run for....

Tony g

5Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Tue May 20, 2014 8:05 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great report, still have yet to fish SD for spotties, it's on the to-do list!  Twisted Evil 

6Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Tue May 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Good stuff bfjunkie...cool pic....what does one of those littke boats run for....

Tony g

There was one on craigslist for $350 a couple days ago , 10' pond prowler and trolling motor .

They run brand new around $600 for the 8' and $750 for 10'

WES

7Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Tue May 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great report!
Could call it dinning your way across the bay.

8Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Wed May 28, 2014 5:37 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Did I help you load your boat at the launch ramp on Saturday?

9Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Wed May 28, 2014 7:42 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I don't know if you helped. Where was it?   I go do many places. I'm heading back to Diego this weekend
To celebrate my two new children.. Mr Phoenix and Mr Duckett. Two new members of the family...

10Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Wed May 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

bayfishingjunkie wrote:I don't know if you helped. Where was it?   I go do many places. I'm heading back to Diego this weekend
To celebrate my two new children.. Mr Phoenix and Mr Duckett. Two new members of the family...

Great names!

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

11Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Thu May 29, 2014 7:38 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Black 4 door at the launch ramp on last saturday?

Good luck in SD. Try the marinas in harbor island area. Theres a launch across the way by the cancer memorial. Get em.

12Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Thu May 29, 2014 8:18 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Where is the launch at Harbor Island im trying to find access that way and I cant seem to find any

13Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Thu May 29, 2014 9:00 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best at night bra. Don't even bother with the rocks go across hit marinas

14Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Thu May 29, 2014 11:18 am

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Niice report!

15Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Thu May 29, 2014 11:20 am

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:Great report, still have yet to fish SD for spotties, it's on the to-do list!  Twisted Evil 

Wassup Wise!! just say when.. been itching to soak in SD!!  Twisted Evil 

i'm sure Fatboy is game too.. he been yapping about rolling!!

16Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What happened at harbor island? Bra.

17Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Fri May 30, 2014 12:18 pm

dexter419

dexter419
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:Great report, still have yet to fish SD for spotties, it's on the to-do list!  Twisted Evil 

Hit me up when you come down. Would love to show you a few sweet spots!

18Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Fri May 30, 2014 12:34 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SoCalFishKilla wrote:

Wassup Wise!! just say when.. been itching to soak in SD!!  Twisted Evil 

i'm sure Fatboy is game too.. he been yapping about rolling!!

Orale, I think a little road trip is in order! Twisted Evil 

19Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Fri May 30, 2014 12:34 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

dexter419 wrote:

Hit me up when you come down. Would love to show you a few sweet spots!

I might have to take you up on that offer! Thumbs Up 

20Mission and San Diego Bays report Empty Re: Mission and San Diego Bays report Fri May 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Good stuff bfjunkie...cool pic....what does one of those littke boats run for....

Tony g

Not the same brand but...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum