FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

BRAID LINE

+4
.:LOLLY:.
jmericle
SirMixALot
dosomedirt
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BRAID LINE  Empty BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:52 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So after losing what could of been the biggest fish I've hooked at the jungle I switched my two salt rigs to 30# braid line. I went to LAB and I was getting bites but nothing stuck do spotties and sandies see the braid line? If so I've heard of guys using florocarbon or mono leaders is that something that anybody else is using and how do you recommend mating the two together

2BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I use a 3'-6' leader of 12lb fluoro when I fish the bay. I only tie braid directly when I throw my lc 110's

3BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:02 pm

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

dosomedirt wrote:So after losing what could of been the biggest fish I've hooked at the jungle I switched my two salt rigs to 30# braid line. I went to LAB and I was getting bites but nothing stuck do spotties and sandies see the braid line? If so I've heard of guys using florocarbon or mono leaders is that something that anybody else is using and how do you recommend mating the two together

You should always consider using mono or flouro as a top shot. In the even you get stuck in the rocks, you will not be able to pull you line out without cutting off.  If you have mono or fluoro, you can pull tell the lure is free or the line snaps.  Also straight braid is no good as you will cut some off every time you change your lure or remove it from the line and that stuff is expensive.  

Use an albright know to join the 2 lines together.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I know people that fish straight braid and it works for them. At the jungle you could get away with straight braid since it's mainly vertical fishing but jmericle has a valid point that it would suck if you get stuck.

At LAB I would highly recommend putting a leader on it so you're fishing a lot tighter to structure like docks and pilings. Mono is more abrasive resistant compared to braid and floro is more abrasive resistant then mono. Personally I use floro leaders with braid. The "invisibility" of the line doesn't really matter since it is reaction bites. Finesse fishing is where you have to worry about "invisible" line.

5BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:36 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I know people that fish straight braid and it works for them. At the jungle you could get away with straight braid since it's mainly vertical fishing but jmericle has a valid point that it would suck if you get stuck.

At LAB I would highly recommend putting a leader on it so you're fishing a lot tighter to structure like docks and pilings. Mono is more abrasive resistant compared to braid and floro is more abrasive resistant then mono. Personally I use floro leaders with braid. The "invisibility" of the line doesn't really matter since it is reaction bites. Finesse fishing is where you have to worry about "invisible" line.

I could not have said it better myself. Thumbs Up 

6BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:37 pm

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I know people that fish straight braid and it works for them. At the jungle you could get away with straight braid since it's mainly vertical fishing but jmericle has a valid point that it would suck if you get stuck.

Being that I have been fishing the fools bait hawg seekers, I like the stretch in the mono, which that little stretch gives the bait more action. Fluro does not have much stretch. Just pick the option which is right for you.

7BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:04 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks for the info guys I knew I'd get some good advice here

8BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:47 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The improved Albright is just that, improved! I have found that anything less than 10 lb fluoro gets cut by the braid. You can also put a short leader on with a small swivel. Uni knots on both sides. More wraps on the braid.

9BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I fish  70lb daiwa samurai to 30lb flouro the spotties don't seem to mind

10BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:16 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Chomps wrote:I fish  70lb daiwa samurai to 30lb flouro the spotties don't seem to mind

Wow, on your Penn 500 Jigmaster?  Very Happy 

11BRAID LINE  Empty Re: BRAID LINE Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

15lb Diawa Samurai works great, use it w/o a leader. Spotties, no matter where they are, will bite with braid, the LAB, NPH. Long Beach..anywhere.

The spottie you see in my avatar, that's the LAB..

Have fun, and tight lines.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum