FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Empty Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I found this in my e-mail today, I know some of you use these rigs and we have talked about is it something we should be using, Does it give you an unfair advantage. Well the Bassmaster has made it official for the road to the Bassmaster Classic. This was a quick interesting read, check it out, what do you think.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Empty Re: Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I can't speak to other states, but here in California we are limited to 3 hooks on a fresh water lure. So to be legal here they would need to change up equipment. I'm guessing the state by state rules are part of the deciding factor's for the Bassmaster series. Additionally I'm sure Bassmaster Series want to keep things interesting for their viewers by displaying skills that we all can copy.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Empty Re: Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:37 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Love the picture Jerdon, thats out of control haha

but i i have one rigged up for newport tonight hahah Twisted Evil

4Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Empty Re: Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 am

I think it's lame. With the ban of this rig all it's gonna do is put the top guys back up on top again. It's just another tool to use when fishing and as long as your following state laws does it really matter.

This kinda reminds me of when I talking to a guy at LP per fishing for a tournament, he kinda starting complaining that there would be the same top guys that will be weighing in a 30lb bag off of swim baits. My response to him on that was to fish the swimbaits and learn it.

5Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Empty Re: Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:25 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:I think it's lame. With the ban of this rig all it's gonna do is put the top guys back up on top again. It's just another tool to use when fishing and as long as your following state laws does it really matter.

This kinda reminds me of when I talking to a guy at LP per fishing for a tournament, he kinda starting complaining that there would be the same top guys that will be weighing in a 30lb bag off of swim baits. My response to him on that was to fish the swimbaits and learn it.

Well said.

6Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Empty Re: Unbrella Rigs Not Allowed Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

As far as I'm concerned, the A rig is just another tool to catch fish. It's available for everyone to use. Why ban it's use? As long as it's legal to use, it should be allowed. It sounds to me that some guys don't want to use it, for whatever reason, and feel that the competition shouldn't use it either. I could see it if it wasn't available to everyone but that is not the case. With that being said, I think it should be allowed. Just my dos centavos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum