FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

finally got a cumberland it was awesome

+6
Pavo21
kobra
Tony G Fishing
rusty hook
Jerdon
muktuk31
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1finally got a cumberland it was awesome Empty finally got a cumberland it was awesome Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:36 am

muktuk31

FTFF Gathering Officer

Some of you will say I am irresponsible but oh well,

I have never used a float tube or ever really been on a boat other than deep sea fishing once. wife got me a Cumberland for Christmas I have wanted to get one for about a year but just never laid down the change for it. So today I couldn't wait any longer I put my Cumberland out on the water. (here is the irresponsibility). I am currently about sixty to eighty pounds over weight for the Cumberland (I am losing weight). Also no waders cause I am cheap. Air temp was about 52F (warmest day I could come by) and water temp was around 48F. But I had a blast didn't do any fishing just paddled around for about forty minutes near a marina and got the feel of things. Wanted to figure out how to maneuver before I started trying to fish. I got it out of my system and am awaiting warmer days and warmer water to start fishing. overall I liked the Cumberland a lot the only problem I had was I couldn't get the seat to set right. and I could only adjust it while in shallow water so I could stand up to adjust straps ( seemed like I was either laying down or felt like I was going to flip forward). lastly I used the backpack straps as leashes for my fins which helped a lot because one of fin straps fell off my foot. I had a blast and cant wait till spring time

well the cumberland was made for the larger guys (@350lb weight limit) I am sure that in time as you tube more you will , become more comfortable with the tube . it is a great tube as we have a army of people here that use them . All I can say is use caution and be safe on the water . make sure you have a good life vest in case anything ever does happen and have a blast . Welcome to your new found addiction Thumbs Up

As far as the seat adjusting on you maybe someone can chime in and offer some suggestions for you,

WES

muktuk31

FTFF Gathering Officer

I wore a life vest today and will continue to do so. I can get a little balsy but I like having back up plans and aces in the whole for sure

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz on the Cumberland!
I have one myself and really enjoy it. I weigh 200 even and it floats me with my thighs out of the water. It only took me two trips to sort out my seat position, I like sitting up pretty straight.

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I have had other float tubes but the Cumberland it outstanding and without a doubt the best on the market for the money. I have been fishing my Cumberland for about two years now fishing at least once a week and no problems. In fact I was out today fishing and last week I was at Squaw Lake in Yuma Az for a week of fishing. I know you will enjoy your new found hobby, fishing from a float tube. Just wate until you hook up on a large fish and it starts to pull you around, what a blast!I hope you will enjoy your tube half as much as I do. Good luck and keep a tight line.

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

congrats MUKTUK31, sounds like me when i first got mine...didnt care how cold the water was i just wanted to get out there and try it...so i know the feeling. awesome bro, congrats again enjoy!

and for sure, theres a brigade of cumberlanders here Thumbs Up with mods n all....

Tony G

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Congrats on the new ride. No need to wait for spring, get some waders. Sometimes you can find some really good deals on them. Have fun and be safe.

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcoem to the addiction Smile

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have found that the seat will never feel right if you lean back completely relaxed.  The seat straps are connected to the pontoons, so leaning your weight back will just pull on the sides.  Hard to explain, but I just use the back as a place to rest when I am kicking from one spot to another.  The rest of the time I am just sitting up straight.

Good luck on the weight loss! You will likely gain healthy years to fish.

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisheromen got it right in the money. It's more of a "support" then a full on back rest. If you lean on it too hard then the foam will start to fold where the straps meet the foam.

Pacifico

Pacifico
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome to the forum MUKTU31
Get some inexpensive waders for now and get out and enjoy some local urban trout fishing!
You will get the feel for tube fishing in no time.
Last event this forum had there was a Cumberland invasion so Im sure you'll get all your questions answered. Be careful out on the water as safety is #1
Good luck on the weight loss!

muktuk31

FTFF Gathering Officer

so does anyone have any ideas to reinforce the seat so that it be a little more supportive

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

muktuk31 wrote:so does anyone have any ideas to reinforce the seat so that it be a little more supportive

The thing is, even if it were more "supportive" and you could lean back more comfortably, the tube would then list to the rear and kick up in the front. It seems perfectly designed to sit level when you sit with good posture in the seat with your butt all the way to the back. At least that is what it seems , to me. I weigh 230, BTW.

14finally got a cumberland it was awesome Empty Re: finally got a cumberland it was awesome Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:24 pm

You may want to change out the form seat and back rest with a air bladder system.

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think im the only one here with out a Cumberland! hahahaha! congrats on you new acquisition bro!!!! I hear wonders about it. it`s "Prowler outcast" for me since I have a quadruped friend as a ride along and I like to keep her dry. Very Happy merry X`mas santa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum