FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wall bangin and tail chasin 2/7 and 2/8

+5
Jerdon
Tony G Fishing
CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
wiseguy
SirMixALot
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wall bangin and tail chasin 2/7 and 2/8 Empty Wall bangin and tail chasin 2/7 and 2/8 Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:23 am

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So on Saturday 2/7 we hit the wall with big Tony (fishingthechronarch), Johnny, and Carlos(aka Cleveland) on the mega yacht. Nice day out except the time we almost died =). Tony snatched a couple for the skunk buster along with Johnny. I did ok with 10 including a pancake, a few calicos, a fat smelt, and 19" sandie. It nice nice being out with friends. Next time don't forget the chelas Tony!!! Jk

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sunday 2/8 we went out to the horse shoe with eddy (aquaholic). Saw him launching on Saturday so I couldn't turn down his offer to join him on Sunday on HIS mega yacht. We went out about 5 miles for NADA. Chased the tails in a couple of areas and headed for the wall when the waves got snotty. Wet ride back but tons of fun. Hit the wall for zero and finally beat the skunk with a 14"-15" calico. Drifted for Hali's but no players. Good times on the water. Thanks for the ride eddy! Sorry I suck at reports but that's where you goPro guys shine =)

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice report bro! Good looking pics!

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

WTG Thumbs Up and thanks for the report SirMixALot. looks like you guys had a good day on the water.

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Puro relax

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

good times bro thanks for invite! and it happens when you run late and get lost in LB haha..mamadas! next time..told osc about it and he says hes down...

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

We'll have a yacht race.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

WTG and thanks for the report!
You went out to HorseShoe on one of those boats?

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yup. It's funny. At one point the coast guard chopper came out and circled us. I guess they thought we were in trouble. We had to give em the thumbs up to let em know we were ok. I'll never forget that Red Smile Eddy knows what's up out there. He's a seasoned vet

superbigfish

FTFF Gathering Officer

The aluminum boat should be fine inside the wall. How long is the inflatable and what outboard horsepower? I have a 11'6" and just waiting to get an outboard. Once I get it, La Jolla yellowtails...

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It has a 8 hp on it but was only running at 1/2 speed due to fuel issues. Id recommend a 15hp to run back to the harbor if need be. The boat is a 12'er. Aquaholic would be able to give you more details on his boat though.

superbigfish

FTFF Gathering Officer

Cool...well when I get the outboard and get it registered...let's go! Be safer out there buddy boating

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

For sure! Always down for a little tail chasin!

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice report Omar!!! I think I`m getting confident enough to take it to catalina!!! Razz

superbigfish

FTFF Gathering Officer

Aquaholic38 wrote:nice report Omar!!! I think I`m getting confident enough to take it to catalina!!! Razz

Is your inflatable a RIB?  I have 11'6" Zodiac Zoom.  If you make the crossing from LB I'll follow you...

These guys have done it lol

15Wall bangin and tail chasin 2/7 and 2/8 Empty Re: Wall bangin and tail chasin 2/7 and 2/8 Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:40 pm

Pacifico

Pacifico
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice report SirMix
love'n the mega yacht for sure!
Way to beat the skunk. sounds like you guys had a blast, even without the chelas.

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No chelas + fishing = fun - 1 notch
Jk! It's all good when you're with good friends.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sweet report!

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

superbigfish wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:nice report Omar!!! I think I`m getting confident enough to take it to catalina!!! Razz

Is your inflatable a RIB?  I have 11'6" Zodiac Zoom.  If you make the crossing from LB I'll follow you...

mine is not a RIB. and it`s a 12ft. with a 8hp. So, not the ideal to go to catalina (ideal would de a 20hp or 15hp) but I would try. my 8hp makes it plane but not as fast as this video! lets do it Bigfish!!

19Wall bangin and tail chasin 2/7 and 2/8 Empty Re: Wall bangin and tail chasin 2/7 and 2/8 Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 am

superbigfish

FTFF Gathering Officer

Aquaholic38 wrote:
superbigfish wrote:

mine is not a RIB. and it`s a 12ft. with a 8hp. So, not the ideal to go to catalina (ideal would de a 20hp or 15hp) but I would try. my 8hp makes it plane but not as fast as this video! lets do it Bigfish!!

I'm probably just going to get a Mercury or Tohatsu 9.8hp/9.9hp for my Zodiac Zoom 350S. I want the outboard light enough so I can throw it on top of the roof of my car. 12ft with 8hp should still get up to 12-18mph. An ideal trip would be this spring/early summer in gray light, get to Catalina fish for yellows and head home at night or camp on the beach and head back at gray light.

These people make the crossing on an inflatable every year

Too bad we need a 13ft to come along. Another awesome trip would be go down to San Diego, run out to the 10 Mile Bank and chase tuna lol

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

superbigfish wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:
superbigfish wrote:

I'm probably just going to get a Mercury or Tohatsu 9.8hp/9.9hp for my Zodiac Zoom 350S.  I want the outboard light enough so I can throw it on top of the roof of my car.  12ft with 8hp should still get up to 12-18mph.  An ideal trip would be this spring/early summer in gray light, get to Catalina fish for yellows and head home at night or camp on the beach and head back at gray light.  

Too bad we need a 13ft to come along.  Another awesome trip would be go down to San Diego, run out to the 10 Mile Bank and chase tuna lol

stay away from mercury! mine has less that 30 hrs. and is been braking down since day 1!!!!

superbigfish

FTFF Gathering Officer

Aquaholic38 wrote:
superbigfish wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:
superbigfish wrote:

I'm probably just going to get a Mercury or Tohatsu 9.8hp/9.9hp for my Zodiac Zoom 350S.  I want the outboard light enough so I can throw it on top of the roof of my car.  12ft with 8hp should still get up to 12-18mph.  An ideal trip would be this spring/early summer in gray light, get to Catalina fish for yellows and head home at night or camp on the beach and head back at gray light.  

Too bad we need a 13ft to come along.  Another awesome trip would be go down to San Diego, run out to the 10 Mile Bank and chase tuna lol

stay away from mercury! mine has less that 30 hrs. and is been braking down since day 1!!!!

I guess I'll have to look for a used Yamaha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum