FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Today at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Today at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Today at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your poison?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's your poison?  Empty What's your poison? Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey guys, long time since I've posted anything. Anyway I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite brand of lures is? Mine is RAPALA. I love those lures so much and have so much confidence in themy that I should be sponsored by them! I fish other luses of course but Rapalas are usually my go to lures because they work so good. My second choice would be Jackall lures cuz u just can't go wrong with those 2. So what is your poison and why? The one downfall with my favorite lures is that they're made of balsa wood therefore hard to fish on a windy day. I'm just being nosey lol and maybe someone can bring up a brand I'm unaware of. Thanks for replies in advance!

2What's your poison?  Empty Re: What's your poison? Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:52 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Big Hammer swimbaits all the way. Maybe I am old fashioned but the big hammer was the first saltwater lure I throw from my tube, with consistent catching. There are a lot of great swimbaits out there but I always have a descent selection on hand and when things get tough I go to the Big Hammer.

Great Topic what does everyone else think? study

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3What's your poison?  Empty Re: What's your poison? Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:32 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

While im more partial to fishing trout, I do fish bass also.
For trout my go-to lure has always been FLATFISH by Worden.
Now if im not hitting consistently with my Mepps, or Thomas Cyclones or Rapala.
I bust out the Flatfish. It swims similar to a Kastmaster but a lil faster.
This fast side to side motion, combined with almost any color scheme/ pattern you can think of
triggers very AGGRESSIVE strikes. I go from getting followers on other lures, To downright disrespectful snatch and grab Whenever i use the Flatfish.
Kwikfish makes some decent colors but the point of tie is not nearly as good as Wordens.
The Kwikfish model ties off on a lil almost plastic one piece rod and if you dont tie properly it will slip out.
Go with Wordens.

Now Bass ive always used spinnerbaits. Whether im fishing a lake in Austin, Tx at my Uncles house or Bonneli park in Cali. My go to has always been Strike King Spinners. They have those shiny attractive spoons and thos tantalizing skirts those hogs cant resist lol (in my opinion) and they got beautiful color schemes.
That shiny spoon seems to catch their attention from the depths. Once that spoon catches their fancy that swaying kil skirt is just too much to resist. Given the right presentation, no bass can resist those spinners.
For me a lot of stikes happen on the pause. I reel steady and a medium speed. 5 cranks.
then I pause for about 3 Mississippi's then reel again and BAM.
I throw plastics. And usually texas rig. I throw Rapalas and Rattle traps. But I love the strike kings.
those are just my preference.

4What's your poison?  Empty Re: What's your poison? Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:05 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I too favor the Rapala!
I use a Rapala CD instead of a crankbait quite often around points and dams because I can work from 18 inches deep to 15 feet without changing lures. I have caught Bass, trout, and Bluegill with the Rapala CD.
That being said I keep a lot of other stuff in the tackle box.

5What's your poison?  Empty Re: What's your poison? Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:08 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My go to lure for trout in the Sierras r spoons. From 1/8 to 3/16 ounce. My best spoon is a Kamloops, by Acne. I have to order them because I have not found them anywhere in Cali. They r made of nickle, cast a mile and sink fast. Next is Thomas Boyant, which r spoon like. If they don't bite then it's Potski red label salmon eggs.

Bass fishing is all about noise first then attraction. Bass have I believe 5 area's  of sensors, they feel the prey before they see it. So lures that make noise, vibrations, rattle traps, bladed baits, surface lures, poppers. In the weeds, site plays in. U r on top of the fish, shallow water, so presentation and colors come into play, worms, grubs, curly tails.......that's  my 2 cents..GT

6What's your poison?  Empty Re: What's your poison? Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:13 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

GT wrote:My go to lure for trout in the Sierras r spoons. From 1/8 to 3/16 ounce. My best spoon is a Kamloops, by Acne. I have to order them because I have not found them anywhere in Cali. They r made of nickle, cast a mile and sink fast. Next is Thomas Boyant, which r spoon like. If they don't bite then it's Potski red label salmon eggs.

Bass fishing is all about noise first then attraction. Bass have I believe 5 area's  of sensors, they feel the prey before they see it. So lures that make noise, vibrations, rattle traps, bladed baits, surface lures, poppers. In the weeds, site plays in. U r on top of the fish, shallow water, so presentation and colors come into play, worms, grubs, curly tails.......that's  my 2 cents..GT

Spoons are killer in the Sierras.
I love tossing the Thomas Cyclones. Red/Gold works wonders. But a man I met last yr was tossing Blue/Silver and was SLAYING.

7What's your poison?  Empty Re: What's your poison? Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I believe that as long as whatever you use inspires confidence within it helps you become a better fisherman.  I have lures in my tackle box that have never caught jack! Some lures are designed by nature to catch the fisherman and not the fish lol. But whenever i tie in a Rapala I get excited knowing of the great possibilities of that next trophy.  However if I tie on that failed  lure I don't exert myself as much because my last experience with it lowers my self confidence setting me up for doom and failure.  Fishing is sometimes magical in that sense lol.  I like to experiment with new things most the time and take the leap.  Never know I might find a new favorite and inspired confidence! I do hear from friends a lot that Rapalas are no walk in the park to use but after I tie on a new one I throw it in the water just a couple feet before me to see how it swims, then I adjust and tinkle with it to try and make it imitate bait fish that i have observed in the past. Once I find a method that makes it look the most lively just take note and fish it that way and boom!  4-5 pounders are a regular at lank perris for me! I love Rapala versatility and the many many ways u can fish just one type of bait. Like I said I should really be sponsored by those guys lol. BTW I know Gary Yamamoto is a great soft bait company but anyone have experience with their hard baits? I just won 4 of then on ebay for $20 bucks and can't wait to try them. I never get them cuz they're a little pricey sometimes and I never hear anything about the hard baits lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum