FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lake Perris - 03/11/17

+2
Jerdon
Ornery Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Met with Jerdon and Misfitdog at Lake Perris for my first trip into the fresh and while it was a nice day on the water with good people, it was the skunk-a-tolla for me. No runs, no hits, no errors. Didn't see anyone catch a fish, even the guys with $50K bass boats.

But I learned a new place to fish and got my first taste of bass fishing (if you want to call it that) and came home safe and sound, so it's all good.

Kinda reminded me of my first trip to Grissom that didn't go well, but now it's my favorite place, so I'm hopeful that Perris will turn around for me as well.

Here's a couple of shady characters that you should definitely watch out for...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Bob...I am SINCERELY glad for ya. (Maybe I should be glad your buddies aren't facing jail time!!!)

JK...Have fun and fellowship out there guys!!!

3Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

It was good meeting you up there Bob!

I didn't get one good pic but here are two.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kind of giving away our secret launch spot.
The lake was 60 to 63 today.
Not one thing us three amigos threw worked from shore to 33 feet deep. Nothing on the rocks, the sand, the sunken lumber piles, or the tree line.

4Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:18 am

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

it was a peaceful and relaxing day on the water for sure with 1 bite for nothing , so we all sit in the same tube with a skunk  lol , I will have my redemption and many fish pictures will come ...

Btw on your way out remember that large fish i told you was sitting on the outside of a bed ? but kept moving and not settling down well she did finally settle down and I worked on this fish from behind so she did not spook and drug the bait into her face and right on the nest with the male . well i threw 11 different soft plastics and a few other things on the bed and got nothing .. right then a Friend in a Bass Boat comes around the corner and I am like guys how did you do? they had 2 fish biggest around 3# and they where going to head in not finding the giant they where looking for . I was like Brother you have a bait and color I do not have tied on and he sure enough did and I told him about the Giant sitting just 20' from me and moved off the bed and let him take my position to see if she would go .. Well 3 min's in and he caught the male and threw it in the well so it would not instantly return to the bed and worked on the Big Gal . not more then 5 minutes later I hear him Holler get the net as I was heading in because it was my grandma's 94th bday dinner and I did not want to be late and he started hollering thank you Wes , Thank you and he started the big motor on the Ranger and headed towards me , tears in his eye and shaking from adrenaline he again said thank you I got my new PB because of you today , We shared a few high 5's as people looked on and then he held her up. he text me later that she went  28" and weighed 12lb and 11oz man was she a beautiful fish ... So today I got too fish with 2 excellent guys Jerdon and Bob and share some sportsmanship on the water and see a friend reel in a Donkey ! I got beat but its ok  , my day will come  !

Wes

5Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:58 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Good on you Wes. Mucho karma points for you.

6Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:05 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Kudos to you Wes!

You gave it your best shot and ended up paying it ahead to your friends. You certainly made his day with his PB!
It will definitely come back to you .... in a BIG WAY!! WTG!

That was one heck of an excellent read Sir! Thumbs Up
The Bass that you described sounds monstrous!!  

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Perris Bass Twisted Evil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:32 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice toad my friend, looks like your in pretty shallow..........GT

9Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

GT wrote:Nice toad my friend, looks like your in pretty shallow..........GT

Or maybe I drove in shallower to not burn a spawning flat Razz

10Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Empty Re: Lake Perris - 03/11/17 Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Nice fish! That's why we do it, eh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum