FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help Me Decide

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help Me Decide Empty Help Me Decide Sat May 27, 2017 5:31 am

Capt Ray

Capt Ray
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Gentlemen,

I need your help. I am military moving back to SD for a three year tour. Last time here I purchased an ODC420 to fish out of and had zero problems.

I can not find the 420 any more (only lightweight version)so I am looking at the Outcast. I have read most of the posted reviews but they are a bit outdated. Not against the lightweight version if it is durable enough.

I am looking at the SFC but it is over $400 and when you add a bottom machine (hook 5), mount (float tube fanatics) etc. it is at $1000. I see the FC4 LCS on Amazon ($229) but it is not listed on Outcast's web page. Amazon also has the FC4 Deluxe for $299 but again not listed on Outcast's web page.

I am 5' 8" a bit shy of 180. I will fish almost every weekend over the three years. Looking for something dependable from a company with good customer service. Your guys are current and on the water a good bit so what would you suggest?

I really am partial to the U-Boat style tubes as I have used several different styles and this best suits me.

Thanks in advance. Ray

2Help Me Decide Empty Re: Help Me Decide Sat May 27, 2017 8:00 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I am 5' 10' at 200 pounds even. 
I have fished my Cumberland for 4 years and am quite happy with it. There are a few threads here about their phenomenal customer service as well. The price is what made me pick the Cumberland over the FC 4. Everyone seems to agree the Outcast is a bit better as far as quality.

If you like the Outcast products look at the FishCat 5 Max, its is a little bigger than the Cumberland or the FC4.

The Creek Company has not been good to us as a group as far as customer service in the past.

I hope this helps.

3Help Me Decide Empty Re: Help Me Decide Sat May 27, 2017 10:26 am

Capt Ray

Capt Ray
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have a couple of friends with Cumberland's that have had a few minor bladder leaks. What is your experience and what model do you use?

I did look at the FC 5 but it looks like the pocket opening is a single zipper and looks small. That was my only complaint with my 420.

4Help Me Decide Empty Re: Help Me Decide Sat May 27, 2017 10:30 am

Capt Ray

Capt Ray
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I did find the FC on the Outcast web page so I have a bit more information. I see most of the FC's are rated for 250lbs. Even with my bottom machine, rod holder, rods/reels and other gear I will be short of that.

5Help Me Decide Empty Re: Help Me Decide Sat May 27, 2017 11:47 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Capt Ray wrote:I have a couple of friends with Cumberland's that have had a few minor bladder leaks.  What is your experience and what model do you use?

I did look at the FC 5 but it looks like the pocket opening is a single zipper and looks small.  That was my only complaint with my 420.

I have had no problem with the bladders in 4 years. I did have a  stitching issue on the front seams and Classic Accessories sent me a new tube immediately, great customer service. In fact I sewed up the seams myself and I still use that tube. 

This one
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As far as storage I have a Plano 3600 sitting on top of a Plano 3700 in each pocket. Two 3700 size boxes will not fit.

One final note, I still have the brand new Cumberland in the box as a backup tube.

6Help Me Decide Empty Re: Help Me Decide Sat May 27, 2017 1:13 pm

inthedeep2

FTFF Gathering Officer

cruise craigs or even Costco has the Cumberland with fins for $150

7Help Me Decide Empty Re: Help Me Decide Sat May 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

FISH CAT 5 MAX just came out a week or so ago and is a beast of a tube , I have seen it in person , much larger then my Fish cat 4 deluxe and it has plenty of room too put a 3700 plano box and a 3600 in a pocket .. it is much wider now and has a weight limit of 300# , plus only weighs 15.5 lbs compared to a cumberland at 18lbs .. If i was going to pull the plug I would seriously look at the FISH CAT 5 MAX priced at $299 , the tube is a tank ! You cannot go wrong either way and both companies have great customer service .

This is coming from a guy who owned an ODC 420 as well I had no problem with the toughness of the tube just the stitching and terrible customer service Sad

8Help Me Decide Empty Re: Help Me Decide Sat May 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Capt Ray

Capt Ray
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Called my buddy Alonzo in SD and he is still using the same Cumberland that had had when I was stationed there in 2013 with zero issues.  Given I will only use it for three years I think that is the way I will go.  After that I return to Florida and you sure don't want to float tube around these parts.

Thanks gentlemen.

Last edited by Capt Ray on Sun May 28, 2017 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum