FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to Toons and trying to decide

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to Toons and trying to decide Empty New to Toons and trying to decide Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 pm

Jermiller

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey all,

To start off I Live in Idaho where there is some still water not as much as where I am originally from. I do a lot of bass, panfish and trout fishing. I grew up on the water in boats and some kayaks. That can give you an idea of what I will be using it for.
I have tested some kayaks but the cost for what I need is more then I am wanting to spend. I want to stay under $1k for my setup. My biggest issue is finding something that holds me and my gear safely. I weigh 300lbs and I was looking at some pontoons that have a 375 and 400 lb weight capacity. I figure by the time I add a trolling motor and my gear I will be close to that limit. What are your guys' experience with those limit and what kind of pontoon would you recommend under 1k with a trolling motor.
The other option is a kayak but the cost will be double. So I am not 100% sure on that option.

Thanks for the input,

Jeremy

2New to Toons and trying to decide Empty Re: New to Toons and trying to decide Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Just a thought but is cheaper than a kayak but about the same size and will hold you and all your gear is a canoe. Pontoon boats for a good one get pretty pricey in that size range especially if you want to add a trolling motor to it.

3New to Toons and trying to decide Empty Re: New to Toons and trying to decide Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:47 am

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Before I got a pontoon, I seriously considered a Sea Eagle 285 FPB. I opted for the pontoon I got because in the end, I wanted to use my fins in association with oars.  And with the pontoon, the trolling motor can still be an option.

But meeting your desired requirements and at just under $1k w/trolling motor or $900 w/o, the Sea Eagle may fit your bill.
 https://www.seaeagle.com/FramelessFishingBoats/285FPBC

4New to Toons and trying to decide Empty Re: New to Toons and trying to decide Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

colorado xt man i have one its amazing i weigh about 250 and i doens't even budge. it has a weight limit of like 550 or 600 lb and it comes with one rod holder and two bags and a mount for a trolling motor and place for it on the back for the battery and even has a wheel for moving it around, i love it. its like 600 or so dollars but walmart and classic accessories has it. we also give discounts if u look in the discounts area. and classic accessories is an amazing company to us tubers and tooners.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum