FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tubing Newport Harbor

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Float Tubing Newport Harbor Empty Float Tubing Newport Harbor Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Did the circuit of Balboa Island in the float tube and did OK. I caught 16 fish total, all dinks except this guy.

I've never been a fan of Newport. It's crazy busy on weekends and gets a ton of fishing pressure. 

And I got hassled by a cop. I was hoping to launch out of a place called Channel Park. It was about 5:00am and I was looking for a parking spot and a cop cruised by me and saw my fishing gear and turned on his lights. He backed up to my window...

"You here to go fishing?"

"Yes, I was hoping to launch my float tube from Channel Park there."

"This is residential area here and these people don't need to be disturbed. Visitors need to park in the public parking lot over on 15th street."

I'm aware of my surroundings and I'm always quiet and respectful of the fact that I'm in a residential area but he has no way of knowing that and even though I have just as much right to park on the street as anyone else, there is certainly no percentage in arguing, so I left. First time I've ever been run off by a cop simply for being a fisherman. It left a bad taste.

I went to the Coast Guard Station, parked on the street, and launched from there.

I think I will need some serious motivation before I go back to Newport.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Float Tubing Newport Harbor Empty Re: Float Tubing Newport Harbor Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Good looking spottie right there.

And that's the idea with the cop hassling you. Get you to go somewhere else.

Thanks for sharing.

3Float Tubing Newport Harbor Empty Re: Float Tubing Newport Harbor Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:20 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Bob, u have to get it OK'd by the Man, TonyG...........that's his turf. Ya I think the peps at HH r a little miffed over the use of the park, Tuesday at 1300, I'd say close to a hundred people......the locals pay the Cops salary........I use the CG station lot. They have restrooms, small beach to launch from.......and parking.......GT

4Float Tubing Newport Harbor Empty Re: Float Tubing Newport Harbor Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:39 am

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I rented a skiff in there a few years ago and got chased out by the police because we went past one of the bridges and it's a wildlife sanctuary or something. Good thing he didn't see us catch that octopus that was swimming around.

We caught a few fish during the week...and we tied off to a bridge piling back in past the coast guard station. Had a bunch of people in boats giving us dirty looks even though we were tied off where the boats couldn't fit through.

5Float Tubing Newport Harbor Empty Re: Float Tubing Newport Harbor Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:20 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I believe the waters east of the coast hwy bridge has been estuaries for a few years. Lucky for u , u had a rental and not your own boat......GT

6Float Tubing Newport Harbor Empty Re: Float Tubing Newport Harbor Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:34 am

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Rental. That's the only reason we didn't get into trouble. They told the rental place that they need to tell people or they'd get into trouble.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum