FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newbie from So Cal! Hello

+5
Misfitdog
Ornery Bob
Jerdon
Hunt
Mikeemmit
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Newbie from So Cal! Hello Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Mikeemmit

Mikeemmit
FTFF Gathering Officer

Hello everyone! I am new to Float Tubing. What waders do you guys recommend?

2Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Hunt

Hunt
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Anything light weight and breathable. They can get hot.

Oh, and hi.

http://www.integrity-traders.com

3Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum Mikeemmit.

You don't say what weather temps you will be facing. In SoCal I use breathable waders because they are plainly more comfortable than neoprene. I wear fleece pants under the waders in water and air conditions of 50 degrees and less. When the water is 65 or so I will wear jogging tights under. I don't wear any cotton because it takes forever to dry. Upper body I just layer up. 

One thing to seriously consider for float tubing is a front zipper for bathroom breaks. If you get a little too far to kick back to shore easy access becomes important rapidly.

4Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:33 am

Mikeemmit

Mikeemmit
FTFF Gathering Officer

I will be fishing from San Diego up to The Eastern Sierras. Do the breathable ones come with zippers? I will have to check them out. I am going to see what I can find at Bass Pro Shop.

5Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:44 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Welcome to the forum Mike! If you're ever in the Long Beach/Huntington/Newport area, hit me up and we'll tube the salt!

6Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:56 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Mikeemmit wrote:I will be fishing from San Diego up to The Eastern Sierras. Do the breathable ones come with zippers? I will have to check them out. I am going to see what I can find at Bass Pro Shop.
Bass Pro has Simms and Hodgeman with the front zip. Top of the line though, $300 or so.

7Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:06 pm

Mikeemmit

Mikeemmit
FTFF Gathering Officer

Where would I get some waders at a good price?

8Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:13 pm

Hunt

Hunt
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Sometimes LL Bean has good prices and the warranty is outstanding. Already traded in a pair that developed a seam leak after 4 yrs of usage. Nothing with a zipper will have good prices anywhere. Either get on land or stand in shallow water and pull 'em down!

http://www.integrity-traders.com

9Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I got a pair for $110 at Bass Pro. Don't remember the brand right now. 3 years old and still working.

10Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

If your looking for a front zipper pair like mine , the best deal I found was a brand new pair of Hodgeman on Ebay discounted because they where last yrs model from $400 too $120 cannot beat that , I have also heard a lot of good reviews about Sierra trading post and there waders

Good luck on your search and welcome !

11Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Option to Consider - Wader Skins Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:20 pm

rjb_Skins

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Lots of good advice from the forum. You may want to consider my new product, Wader Skins™. There is a thread on the latest topics that you can check out (Wader Skins a new idea what do you think?).

We are excited about Wader Skins™, and think it is a perfect match for Float Tube & Pontoon Boat Fishers. The key points are that each Wader Skin™ is custom made to fit (manufactured here in California) and they offer real comfort & safety used in a wide array of aquatic environments. Wader Skins™ are made of 3-millimeter neoprene…with torso and legging sections, attached by Velcro. Think of Wader Skins™ like a convertible wetsuit that you can adapt to various water conditions depending on the coverage you need. We have worn Wader Skins™ in water temperatures as low as 38 degrees and been very comfortable for six hour stretches. As well, on hot days, we have just used the leggings to fish in small streams or while in pontoon boats when the outside temperature has been over 90 degrees. You can also pull down the top of the Wader Skins™ torso, so it comes down to about the waist for comfortable wading while fishing in cooler water during the heat of summer (like on the lower Sacramento River. The Wader Skins list price is $375, but during our introduction on Kick Starter (through August 11th), we are offering the first 25 pairs at $350 (plus we pay the freight (normally $15 in the US).

Wader Skins™ deliver a comfortable, warm and safe way to be in the water doing what you love. Beyond fishing, Wader Skins™ are perfect for water sports like paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, water skiing, wake boarding or jet skiing. If you were going to buy one product to support a wide array of aquatic activities, Wader Skins™ is a good choice.

Good luck on your search...and enjoy happy & safe float tubing!

Ron Beltramo
Founder of Wader Skins™

http://www.waderskins.com

12Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:53 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the jungle my friend

13Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:41 pm

Keepemlo

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hello welcome I'm new too

14Newbie from So Cal! Hello Empty Re: Newbie from So Cal! Hello Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome aboard Mikeemmit and keepemlo!

I look forward to reading both of your fishing reports and your fishing experiences! Thumbs Up

Thanx for allowing my piggyback, two birds with one stone approach.

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum