FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alamitos Bay night session.

+2
jeffcpr
TobyB
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Alamitos Bay night session. Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:05 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Went out Monday night for a session in Alamitos Bay. We launched from the beach off of 63rd st. I did learn there is public restrooms on 62nd street across the street from the liquor store. We launched off the beach at 7:10pm. This was just aftert high tide so the the current pushed us right where we wanted to go. kicked across the channel the docks and rocks near Ballast Point. We tend to have luck in this spot. We do lose gear because of the rocks but there are nice fish there. I caught four fish and had about 8 bites this session. THe largest being a 14in spottie. This fish was right up against the rocks. Threw a 3" AA shrimp bait in the SD custom color way with a round white leadhead. The other fish I caught were on a 3in bassassassin in the crown ice color way on a 3/16 ounce blue shad coolbait underspin. We were off hte water by 10:15pm
This session was cut short due to the fact my seven bass explorers left air chamber was losing air. I haven't figured it out yet but I haven't had a chance to fully inflate the tube and find out what is going on. Hopefully its something minor that I can get it taken care of asap so i can get back on the water.
I have seen a lot of comments on force fins both positive and negative. My buddy gave me a pair. I have to say they were one of the best fins I have used. It was easy to kick into the wind and they were fast even with one side of my tube being soft. I wouildn't pay 225-250 for these fins but I can see why my buddy loved his. You dont feel as fatigued after your time on the water. I was using the classic accessories thruster fins with boots. Not having the boot made a huge difference.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Tight lines
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is the 14inch legal
This is one was caught on the bassassassin

2Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:18 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thanks for the report i miss the night sessions. Nice spot pictured also hope 7Bass issue is minor don't forget to check the valve as well. Let us know what happens i am interested to know.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:25 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I will let you know what happens with the tube. Its nice at night, i am not sure what all the laws are about float tubes and lights needed. I zip tied a led light to my flag so I am some what visable on the water.

4Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:40 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I normally use a head lamp for my personal use. For being seen i use a glow stick tucked under the back of my hat so i can be seen by boats. Never been stopped or questioned that is my 2 cents.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:03 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hi ya TobyB,

I really do like that particular fishery location as well! It's easy to get to. Thumbs Up  Plus it also holds some really nice fish now and then!

That's really a bummer to hear that you are having issues; so soon, with your brand new 7-Bass FT.
I agree with Jeff, check your air valves.
I also look forward to knowing how 7-Bass's Customer Service Dept resolved this issue with you. Please do a follow-up report on this topic.

I use a (removable) Velcro attached red light and an attached green light on the sides of my FT and an attached clear white light on top of the bow on my FT, per the US Coast Guard requirements. (Check out my earlier posts for pic's).

When it comes to my safety, I figure that it doesn't hurt me a bit to be USCG compliant, plus it allows the motoring boats in the dark channels to know where I am and the direction in-which I am kicking.
I also wear a head lamp, a wet-safety-flasher attached to my PFD and a whistle for my own personal safety while being on the water.

I have never been questioned or stopped by the Harbor Police, DF&W, Harbor Sheriff nor the USCG concerning my lights in the dark hours but I have been pulled over or stopped on my FT (for speeding  Very Happy Ha ha ha!) to check for my fishing license.

I just like the feeling of being extra safe while I'm out there.
Most of the time I fish alone but I do prefer to fish with a buddy for safety reasons.

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

6Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:15 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the input SP Dan. My buddie added the red and green light to the back of his seat and a white light at the top of his flag. You want to be as visable as possible. I was thinking of finding some of the red and green lights like my buddy has to add to the tube for night fishing.
We have had goodl uck fishing Alamitos at night. Most fish are typical 8-10 inch fish but we have had luck with the 12-14 inch fish. We even caught a nice Sargo off those rocks. I do lkke this location with the different areas. You have rocks, docks and a lot of open water.

7Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Way to go on a fun night session. I also like the peace of fishing at night sometimes Thumbs Up

8Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Mo2vation

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Bike lights from Amazon.... super cheap, their batts last forever, you get them in a day or two and there are a zillion ways to mount them. Smile

My fav lights for night / early AM fishing.

-K

9Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Nice start to your trip at any rate.
 I hope you find it was a simple fix on your tube. 

Thanks for sharing.

10Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Today I pumped up the Explorer and It seems to be holding air. I am not sure what happened out on the water. Only thing i can think of is the valve was slightly open allowing air to escape. I have to run out so when I get back home i will see if it has lost air or if it is still holding. So far so good hopefully it was just a fluke.

11Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:03 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Update. I was gone about 90 minutes and when i got home the tube was softer and I coiuld tell it lost air. It does have a slow leak in the left chamber. I will see where and figure out how to go about this. Luckily i have a back up tube for my next time out.

12Alamitos Bay night session. Empty Re: Alamitos Bay night session. Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Seven bass contacted me about hte issue. I have to do the soapy water trick to make find the leak. If there is no hole, the reapair kit comes with a key to tighten the summit valve. So hopevully in the next couple of days i will be able to have this issue rexoled. Seven bass customer service is top notch. they have replied quickly to all my messages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum