FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Pablosparky Today at 10:11 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Pablosparky Today at 9:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bag or bin for 'compact' float tube storage?

+2
GT
jplee3
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey all,

I saw numerous posts from those of you who leave your float tubes inflated/partially inflated and either hung or set upright in the garage, etc. I don't have the 'luxury' of doing that with limited space (both in the garage and car), so I expect to have to inflate and deflate every time I go out. That said, for those of you in the same boat (heh) do you use a storage bag, duffel bag or plastic bin to store your float tube and gear? I'm inclined towards a bag but now I'll have to go looking for one that isn't gonna break the bank - I'd prefer not to have to buy a FT-specific bag either.

Anyway, any suggestions on a good storage solution that is pretty cheap? Obviously, large plastic storage bins would be the cheapest. I might end up getting that regardless so the question is more around bags I guess.

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Go to a military surplus store and buy a duffel bag. I learned to pack a lot of crap in one, military experience. They are made of heavy canvass, with reinforced bottom so you can drag it around when packing your stuff..........GT

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I use the large hard container that came with the hard top that I refashioned into my tray to work on. It sticks out but is the perfect size. I'm with you, I have to deflate it every time then wash it off then put it away in the container between each use.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hi ya jplee3,

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a bag, my preference is leaning toward the plastic storage container solution because you can see all of your gear at a glance, it's easy to stow away or to pack it into your vehicle, it's water tight to protect your car from the elements of the salt water and it allows for better protection against accidental air bladder punctures.

I'll be quite curious to read about what you finally end up with.  Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I use a large canvas travel bag that has a waterproof lining. They're easy to find on Amazon or eBay. It works great for me. The waterproof lining protects the car on the way home and the bag gets turned inside out and rinsed off with everything else during clean up. When everything is dry, it all goes into the bag. My fins, rod holder and net become the floor, and the folded tube sits on top. I use a grocery bag to hold everything that goes into the pockets when I'm on the water, so its easy to look in there and check everything. It also fits in the canvas bag. I usually leave the bag unzipped so everything can breathe. Except for my battery pack and rods, everything I need to go fishing is in one easy carry bag.

Lately, I've also been carrying a waterproof bag for clothes, so I can float tube via Lyft.

Socalhalislayer

Socalhalislayer
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ornery Bob wrote:

Lately, I've also been carrying a waterproof bag for clothes, so I can float tube via Lyft.

wow now that's dedication!!! Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCItSobIQx6g5WXRcIxQy2Cw

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks all. What are some of the dimensions of your boxes and bags? Would love to get the feedback so I have a better idea. I'm looking around on Amazon but my benchmark is the Outcast Float Tube bag: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (29.5x24x11 or almost 8000cu in).

A few I stumbled across:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Any links you have for ones you may have purchased, specifically, would be great too.

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

For your reference, the bag I have is 36x17x17 and holds much more than just my float tube. It actually holds everything I take except my poles.

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ornery Bob wrote:For your reference, the bag I have is 36x17x17 and holds much more than just my float tube. It actually holds everything I take except my poles.

Great to know Bob - thanks!

I remember seeing your bag while you were waiting for your Lyft/Uber. I'm not sure why it didn't cross my mind to ask any of you guys about this while we were all there in person LOL

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What do you guys think about the top-loading military duffels? My initial thought is that they would be difficult to get the float tube into since you're loading it lengthwise as opposed to stuffing it in horizontally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum