FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Thu May 09, 2024 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

New products coming to the US

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New products coming to the US Empty New products coming to the US Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So I am posting this to get everyone's thoughts as ICross reached out to me this morning and is looking to launch their unique watercraft here in the US.  The would like our insight and thoughts as they look to make the jump over here.

Their boat is unique not what we are used to here and I think has a different use than our traditional float tubes.  Here is a website write up of there product.

ICROSS - A new Swedish innovation product.

The ICROSS®️ take you in the water easily, smoothly and safely. You do not have to sit in the cold water because you sit on a 20 cm inflatable rock hard airbag. It takes you to an island, to the other side of the river or for a reason - it makes your fishing hugely flexible because you can also fish from it. The ICROSS®️ creates brand new opportunities for your future fishing adventure - it takes you to pristine waters. ICROSS®️ and belly boats are in size and weight very close together. But ICROSS®️ is paddling in the same way as a kayak which makes the ICROSS®️ a perfect mixture between them.

ICROSS®️ 1610 is suitable for a smooth fishing kayak to the Fisherman / Hunter. Suitable areas of use are: fish kayak, great for all types of angling, beaver hunting, wildfowl hunting. Incredibly smooth and stable shooting platform. ICROSS®️ 1610 measures 160x95x20 inflated, weight 8.6 kg and comes with features adapted for fishing/hunting, as two fasteners on each side for padding, black slip protection. A centered high-quality leather strap. Flexible strap for attaching a dry bag. Four D-rings to attach a kayak chair. Four D-rings on the underside to attach the strap. D-ring front. Flexible strap in the top D-ring to secure up to 3 pcs.

ICROSS®️ 1610 also comes with:Powerful double acting pump. Robust, two piece paddle (223 cm. 114 divided.) Repair kit. Weight recommendation: 160

I think the real idea here is a vessel that can be carried anywhere to allow you to move on the water to a new location to fish from shore.  Or to reach inaccessible shorelines maybe a good idea for the Sierras.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This also has some unique hunting options as you can see (not my thing but some might find it useful.)  What are your thoughts ICross is here looking for more help should they launch here in the US would this be something people would be interested in what are you pro's and con's of there idea.  Thanks in advance everyone lets help ICRoss out.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2New products coming to the US Empty Re: New products coming to the US Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Looks good but not my cup of tea. I perfer the float tube over kayaks or any style where you have to use paddles or oars to stay in place.

3New products coming to the US Empty Re: New products coming to the US Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

TobyB wrote:Looks good but not my cup of tea. I perfer the float tube over kayaks or any style where you have to use paddles or oars to stay in place.
Thanks for your honesty.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4New products coming to the US Empty Re: New products coming to the US Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So I'm on the fence about this style. Couple of immediate thoughts
1) Looks like a hell of a lot of pumping before you can ride it.
2) I don't know about any of you but I don't sit like that. You are literally at 90deg, perhaps if I was in a kayak I would understand because maybe they sit like that but it looks very uncomfortable to me.
3) Sitting above the water like that seems like it would increase the center of gravity making it potentially easy to tip over, especially when netting a fish
4) I see two rod holders mounted on there which are at the very front and very back of the unit. I don't see any other mounting straps or areas on the boat. Could be because I just don't see one in front of me and maybe there are D-rings or something around it but I would not want to have to lean all the way forward or reach all the way back to work my rods. How would you know if you have anything on the back rod? Little bell?

Personally, I look at it and am a hard pass at first glance. Mind can easily be changed with it in front of me to see the stability, mounting units, seating position and most importantly, cost.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum