FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh!

+3
SP Dan
Jerdon
JoeyBasstard
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:55 pm

JoeyBasstard

JoeyBasstard
FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey everyone!

Been float tubing the back lakes out in Canada now for the past few years. just stumbled upon this forum and though I'd say hey. I fish mostly bass and pike however this year I will brave it and chase after Musky..

any other Canadians on the forums?
any musky hunters out there on the Tubes?

Joey

2Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum JoeyBasstard.

I believe we have a couple of Canadian members. I am from sunny Southern California myself. I do hope to see some pics of Musky from the tube real soon.

3Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome to the FTFForum JoeyBasstard,
It's great that you found us!
I look forward to checking out some of your cold water Canadian lake fish pic's! Thumbs Up
And I also want to wish you much luck in hooking-up with a local fishing buddy there!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm

JoeyBasstard

JoeyBasstard
FTFF Gathering Officer

Jerdon wrote:Welcome to the forum JoeyBasstard.

I believe we have a couple of Canadian members. I am from sunny Southern California myself. I do hope to see some pics of Musky from the tube real soon.

thank you, much appreciated.. I hope to see musky pics too Smile unfortunately I cant fish musky until june. not only because all the water here is frozen and about 20" thick, but we have musky season as well. Once its open its fair game. a little nervous but i'm sure once I hook into one, the adrenaline will kick in. I'll definitely have to post about my experience once the time comes.

5Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:03 pm

JoeyBasstard

JoeyBasstard
FTFF Gathering Officer

SP Dan wrote:Welcome to the FTFForum JoeyBasstard,
It's great that you found us!
I look forward to checking out some of your cold water Canadian lake fish pic's! Thumbs Up
And I also want to wish you much luck in hooking-up with a local fishing buddy there!

SP Dan     <"))><

thank you very much... this year I plan to hit up some deeper lakes and hope to target some lake trout, splake, rainbows and brook trout.. last couple years were nice shallow lakes targeting bass and pike. even though ive been float tubing for a few years now, I still get creeped out getting into the deep dark water. lol. i had a roughly 40" pike go between my fins and freak out and that was enough of a beast to make me wonder what other monsters lurk, but that's for another day Smile

I have a buddy out here that i go float tubing with, would love to be in one of those tournaments that I see in the states. looks like its more popular out there.

6Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

we're glad you found the Forum  I'm hoping we can learn something from you and you can learn something from us nice to have you on the team cheers

7Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:07 pm

JoeyBasstard

JoeyBasstard
FTFF Gathering Officer

Litefoot wrote:we're glad you found the Forum  I'm hoping we can learn something from you and you can learn something from us nice to have you on the team cheers

thank you.. always looking to learn new tricks out there on the water. the more i can learn the better Smile not sure what I can teach yet.. lol

8Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:12 pm

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey Joey I may not be Canadian . but Ive fished several lakes out in Ontario. The last lake I fished was lake Dalrymple. I didn't float tube but i fished it from these old beat up kayaks. I also fished Fenelon falls and kingston. I had a blast catching small mouth on my fly rod. I love Canada and Ill be out in Toronto in February. If Im ever in Ottawa we can goto smokes and get some Poutine.

9Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:15 pm

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I also tried to catch Pike but it was too hot already and they had gone deeper. Man there are lakes everywhere and the rivers there are nice too. The bluegill I caught in Kingston were huge. It was cool to have caught rock bass and yellow perch too. Hopefully when the Canadian spring rolls in Ill be out there fishing for pike when they come to the shallows.

10Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:38 am

JoeyBasstard

JoeyBasstard
FTFF Gathering Officer

562fly wrote:Hey Joey I may not be Canadian . but Ive fished several lakes out in Ontario. The last lake I fished was lake Dalrymple. I didn't float tube but i fished it from these old beat up kayaks. I also fished Fenelon falls and kingston. I had a blast catching small mouth on my fly rod. I love Canada and Ill be out in Toronto in February. If Im ever in Ottawa we can goto smokes and get some Poutine.

Hey. Ontario does have some areas loaded with small lakes area. I usually fish the Kingston area and north of there. When you hit up Toronto in February fish off the marinas downtown. Huge pike always lurking in the shallows then from feb - March. But maybe you already know that and that’s why you’re going there.
If you ever come to Ottawa let me know. Well have to meet up and fish and enjoy poutine. Even if you’re in the Kingston area it’s not too far of a travel.

11Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:00 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome to the forum Joey we are glad you found us, as was mentioned we have a few members from Canada hope they pop in as well. For now, we look forward to your reports and future pictures as well as your soon to be monster Musky.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:51 pm

JoeyBasstard

JoeyBasstard
FTFF Gathering Officer

jeffcpr wrote:Welcome to the forum Joey we are glad you found us, as was mentioned we have a few members from Canada hope they pop in as well.  For now, we look forward to your reports and future pictures as well as your soon to be monster Musky.

thank you very much.

13Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Empty Re: Float Tuber new to the forums.. Eh! Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:32 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welome to the forum and hopefully you can catch a musky before the 10,000th cast Smile.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum