FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trinidad Island

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trinidad Island Empty Trinidad Island Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:22 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Went out to Trinidad Island today for three hours. It was the first time i have gone there in almost a year. It was low tide when i got there and it got even lower as time went on. It was the lowest i have ever seen it. It was a tough day on the water as I got skunked. I don't know if it was the weather or the tide but one bite in three hours. I fished HUB's, speed bait slugs, Gulp and Whackem baits and couldn't buy a bite today. I think it was Gods way fo bringing me back to reality after the hot streak at LAB... Very Happy That it why it is called fishing and not catching....thats what we say when we get skunked anyways...lol. sorry nothing else to report. I think I will go back to the night shift at LAB...LOL. Tight lines everyone

2Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:56 am

Thanks for the report! Did you fish from Prince park? Or where you on your tube around the island? Was cold last night, hope you stayed warm!

3Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thanks for sharing brother.
It seems when we are "catching" one or two lures do the trick, we it is off we throw the tackle box at them.

4Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:45 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Logan wrote:Thanks for the report! Did you fish from Prince park? Or where you on your tube around the island? Was cold last night, hope you stayed warm!
I fished from Trinidad park and just fished the channel there. Didn't have a lot of time on the water so I concentrated on the docks around the park there. Probably should have fished all the way to seabridge park since its not that far from Trinidad park but i went about half way there then turned around and crossed under the bridge and fished that channel.

5Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:15 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The bridge didn't produce?!?! Dang, that bridge is always good for at least a dink.  Nothing wrong with a skunk. Personally I enjoy just being on the water. Catching fish are an added bonus. Not catvcatc doesn't diminish the experience only enhances it .

6Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My last outing around Trinadad was very slow too. Since the rain started last month the bite has been weird.......a lot of chasers but no takers.

I'm wondering if the influx of high amounts of water, fresh(tainted with oil, rubber and such) could be throwing their habits off? I have a gut instinct that it does. Any of you chemists study out their chime in please......GT

7Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:08 am

GT wrote:
I'm wondering if the influx of high amounts of water, fresh(tainted with oil, rubber and such) could be throwing their habits off? I have a gut instinct that it does. Any of you chemists study  out their chime in please......GT

I was wondering this too. I know the bite slows down in the winter, but HH has been really slow for me. Granted, I am a crappy fisherman. Still, wonder if something in the water got to them. I have seen a lot of garbage flowing out to see after these rains. Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:57 am

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It definitely does. Think of it as smog. They breathe through water. Contaminated water makes it difficult for the fish to breathe so they either move or get sluggish.

9Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:20 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Last year at this time the fish were very active and we didn't have the amounts of rain that we are experiencing this year.............GT

10Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:31 am

Floatingbassturd wrote:It definitely does. Think of it as smog. They breathe through water. Contaminated water makes it difficult for the fish to breathe so they either move or get sluggish.

Never thought of it that way. Thanks for the heads up. Would def benefit to try to find the clean water spots then.

11Trinidad Island Empty Re: Trinidad Island Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:51 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I should state I'm no scientist and if it weren't for spell check I'd have spelled scientist wrong. However it is a conclusion I've come to after years of fishing and it seems damn logical in my opinion.

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum