FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Today at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to the forum from OC, CA

+4
jeffcpr
SP Dan
Jerdon
xBEEFx
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to the forum from OC, CA Empty New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 am

xBEEFx

xBEEFx
FTFF Gathering Officer

Haven't been float tubing since 2013 but looking to change that. Mainly fish Newport Harbor for spotties, actually can't think of a single time I've fished freshwater with a tube. Used to frequent Woodbridge lake for LMB but only from the shore, although it never really produced, I blame the lake but it could absolutely be the angler.

I recently got into hunting, mainly waterfowl, but I want to start fishing again. I'm actually looking to get a new float tube and am open to suggestions.

2New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum xBEEFx.

There are plenty of tubes to choose from and reports on them here. Without a doubt the best bang for your dollar is the Cumberland. Use the Search button for float tubes or pick the name of tube you like and you will find a review or two.

3New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 12:57 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome to the forum xBEEFx,

I agree with Jerdon about the Cumberland float tubes and that you can find a write up on many other tubes of the site as well.

I personally use the Cumberland float tube and I like it.

Welcome back to the dark-side and the best luck to you in finding that float tube that is just-right for you!

SP Dan     <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 1:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome xBEEFx glad you found us yep they are right best bang for your buck the Cumberland Float Tube. There are plenty of other options it all comes to what you plan to do with it and what you are willing to spend. We sell the Maxxon Inflatable tubes here if you have questions please me know. But again the Cumberland is just a top-notch tube.

Once again welcome to the FTFF and we look forward to hearing about what you choose and what you reports are in time.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

congratulations ×BEEF× hope we can all get together soon down in the water nice to have you aboard cheers cheers cheers cheers

6New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 4:36 pm

xBEEFx

xBEEFx
FTFF Gathering Officer

Well, that didn't take long. Had my eye on the Seven Bass Designs for a while, but with them still being so new in the US, they're hard to find for the right price.

Ended up going with the Cumberland per your recommendations as well as reviews on the forum. Also ordered a garmin striker 4plus cv, and mount from fishfindermounts.com since someone mentioned they're a forum supporter and exactly what I've been looking for for years.

Thank you for the warm welcome and recommendations!

7New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 5:38 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is great fishfindermounts.com that is a great product and Wade is a good friend. As for the Cumberland, you will be very happy, Seven Bass is great but I think they are leaving the US it did not work as they thought it would please there customer service was not very good. In fact, I just got off the phone with Classic Accessories setting up our yearly donations. Congrats on your new toys buddy,

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Another potential kayak fisherman goes to the dark side.

Kidding of course.

As Dan reported, I had the opportunity to fish with him Saturday and observe the advantages of the tube around the docks.  Dan also candidly discussed the limitations of the tube if you want to venture against the winds and tides..

If I were starting fresh to fish the bays, knowing what I now know, I would probably start with a tube.  It  may be be little late to try to change. however. Every day brings a different idea on the subject.  Flip flop; flip flop.  Then again, hauling the kayak across the sand doesn't get easier.

To speak the obvious, the important thing is to be out there, and maximize the experience whichever way you go.  Just don't join the noisy, wake generating (deleted) in power boats.  (Kidding again.  In the USN we used to say, "I have nothing against civilians. Hell, my mother was a civilian."  I feel the same way about power boaters.  They aren't evil, just misguided. ) Human power rules.

Once again.  I appreciate that I am made to feel welcome on this forum.  I have learned a lot, and have had the opportunity to fish with congenial and outstanding fishermen.

9New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 6:21 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Great choices xBEEFx and great products as well!
I’m certain you’re going to enjoy the performance of all your new gear.
I look forward to reading fish reports from you in the near future.

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

10New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz on the new toy xBEEFx!!!

The Cumberland will last years, I am on year 5 with mine. I have 2 important tips to add life to a Cumberland.

1. Don't drag or slide the Cumberland around wile it is standing up vertical if at all possible. Pick it up and place it where you want. The cloth ends are sewn together and you could damage the stitching.

2. Do not stuff the zippered pockets so full that they are hard to zip closed.The tube flexes on the water and the pressure can pop the zipper apart.

Both are easy to fix, but if you are careful you will never have to fix those things.

Enjoy!!

11New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 6:35 pm

xBEEFx

xBEEFx
FTFF Gathering Officer

Bob G wrote:Another potential kayak fisherman goes to the dark side.

haha I used to have an ocean kayak prowler trident 15', IIRC the kayak alone weighed about 65 lbs, and for the type of fishing I was doing, I just couldn't justify loading it and unloading it plus storing it in the garage constantly. That was around the same time my friends and I decided to get into float tubing in 2011. Way easier to cast into slips with much more control.

Not to say kayak fishing isn't for me, I just know how much time is wasted getting them up and down from the roof rack for exclusively fishing the bay.

12New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 8:05 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Tell me, xbeefx. Actually, I have never, or only once, owned a kayak longer than 10'. That was the appropriate size for river fishing in Virginia, and now my 10 footer slides into the back of my SUV with moderate over hang. Cinch the hatch down and hit the road.

We also saw pontoon boats, and variations of float tubes on the river. But, kayaks and canoes were the most popular platforms. On shallow, fairly fast, rocky bottom rivers, it was good to have a hull beneath you that could generally take a beating

As I mentioned, I flip flop constantly on going to a float tube--but since I am set up I lack the urgency to make a change..

Can you launch a yak at Woodbridge Lake? I go to church right around the corner, and looked at the lake. Very pretty. If it holds fish, and you can get on the water, it would be a viable option for me..

13New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 9:13 pm

xBEEFx

xBEEFx
FTFF Gathering Officer

Bob G wrote:Can you launch a yak at Woodbridge Lake?  I go to church right around the corner, and looked at the lake.  Very pretty.  If it holds fish, and you can get on the water, it would be a viable option for me..

There's certainly nothing saying you can't, but since it's a private community lake, I'm guessing there is something written in the CCRs that is definitive. I've never taken the chance as I wasn't really a Woodbridge resident. That being said, I can only imagine how many lunkers are hiding in the 'too far to cast from shore' areas.

14New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Mon May 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yep, after I asked the question I found a blurb on the internet. Even though the lakes were most likely built with taxpayer funds, the Home Owners now think they own them. You must be a resident, and have a Homeowners permit to enter the water.
Ah well. As long as Long Beach doesn't start enforcing their very restrictive codes in Los Alamitos Bay. The same restrictions that apply to the Marina at Grissom Island apply to the one at LAB. The restricted area is so expansive that they could effectively shut it down a huge chunk of the bay if they had the nerve.

15New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Tue May 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

They'll kick you out of Woodbridge faster than you can get a cast in.

Sent from Topic'it App

16New to the forum from OC, CA Empty Re: New to the forum from OC, CA Wed May 22, 2019 1:01 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum xBEEFx. NPH is a great harbor. I'm sure you'll enjoy that Cumberland inside there!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum