FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

July 3rd ninja session report/product reveiw

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Happy independence day everyone. Dave, Kevin and myself made it out last night to fish LAB. Got out there about 8, launched from the rocks because ocean blvd was packed. Everyone was parking on the streets because of the beach closures. I do not recommend this in any tube especially in the XPW 240.
Here is the XPW240 just before I put her in the water for the first time[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First impression was this thing is big and lots of room for addons in the future. I did forget the transom for it but that is okay since I don't have a motor for it. It is light weight for such a big tube. Just need to find a way to transport it with everything on it. Going to try and mount some kayak wheels to the transom so I can just wheel it fully loaded. Less trips equal more fishing time.
Second thing once I got it in the water was how high you are out of the water. My lower legs were the only part in the water.
Third thing I notices was how easy it was to kick and maneuver in the water. It handles like a smaller tube.
fourth thing is the deck on it is hard so after a few hours out on the water it began to be a little uncomfortable on my backside. Once I find a way to add a little more padding it will be a pleasure. The seat it self isn't bad, it has ample back support just needs a little more padding for the bottom.
I did get this because I need to be able to pack it up for storage as I live in an apartment. It seems to be heavy duty enough to handle that but time will tell.
After my first session with it I am not disappointed at all. It will be my last tube for a long time and being able to add a create for extra gear is a plus. Just want to thank Jeff for the quick and painless transaction. Ordered it Thursday night, it was shipped from Maxxon Friday and received it on Wednesday.
The fishing last night was awesome. The first two fish I caught were close to or right at 14 inches. Didn't get pictures as I was recording on my new go pro. Was an awesome way to break in the new rig.
Dave had to leave after a couple hours, so Kevin and myself went across the channel and fished the docks along naples there. We picked up a couple more fish along the way before calling it a night. The ned rig was my rig of choice for the night. I caught all my fish on a ZMan scented shrimp in electric chicken and a TRD Hogz in black and blue. They were both rigged on the ZMan shroomz HD head in a 1/5 oz. Here is a couple of fish I caught last night
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great report so glad you enjoyed your new ride. More time on the water and you will not be so uncomfortable you get use to it. Someone added a different seat I will check on that for you. The kayak wheels will help and in time you will be all dialed in.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TobyB likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great maiden voyage for the new toy. I agree with you the XPW 240 is like a big balloon to carry, just when we add stuff it is too unwieldy, but definitely light.

Congratz on the fish and thanks for sharing.

steve-aka-fishy

steve-aka-fishy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Congrats on the new ride and you got some fish.

SP Dan

SP Dan

Congratulations on your new ride Toby.

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum