FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much does your ride weigh?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How much does your ride weigh? Empty How much does your ride weigh? Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:29 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

After my DIY modifications; two 1.5” ABS rod racks w/ two bungees each, have been added onto my stock 14-lbs model Cumberland and it now weighs 22.5-lbs with my Boga-Grip, steel pliers and 50-lb retractable dog leash and no other gear inside the pouches.
My tube fully loaded (no sticks) weighs 32 lbs with the gear: ALTEC BT speaker, a pound of 1oz finesse lead weights, leader line, misc tools, a bunch of hooks, backup battery, Deeper Pro+ Fish Finder, a fish weighing scale, water, snacks and is 100% ready to be launch.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I stepped on a scale to have the weights measured each time.

How many pounds does your ride weigh fully loaded, 100% ready to launch (No sticks)?

Last edited by SP Dan on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:37 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

My Ride with out anything added is 40 lbs. So loaded and ready to roll it weight.... I don't know but I am getting my workout LOL.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:36 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

This sounded so familiar:

Here is a link to this question from 3 years ago:

I have yet to weigh my Creek Company Toon. PIA to lift and stand on a scale with, but I put wheels under it.

4How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:03 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:This sounded so familiar:

Here is a link to this question from 3 years ago:

I have yet to weigh my Creek Company Toon. PIA to lift and stand on a scale with, but I put wheels under it.

Thank you Jerdon,
I am toying with the idea of purchasing another ride.

Since 3 yrs ago, I have been able to finish the design on my tube mod’s and I have shaved over 10 pounds of unnecessary gear weight off my ride since that posting as well. SWEET eh?!
It makes transporting these days a lot easier!  Thumbs Up

I wanted to see what people are now doing and how much their rides weigh 3 years later, as a comparison of trends.
Thank you Jerdon, for drumming up the old link! Thumbs Up

Besides ... a lot of new heavier products have hit the market place in the last 3 years.
Example:
Maxxum is 40+ pounds out of the box.
Savage Gear weigh a pretty 26.5 lbs out of the box as well!
Outcast Fish Cat 5 Max is 15.5 pounds.
Buck’s Bags Roughneck weighs ?? pounds.
Cumberland is 14 lbs
out of the box.
These are the issues that I need to consider when I am in the market of purchasing a new tube at my age.
*How far will I have carry it in order to fish.
For example: If my float tube where to get any heavier, Isle Grissom would not be on my list of accessible fisheries.
* Will it fit inside my 4-Runner fully inflated?
* How much does it weigh (important) for I am 20% permanently disabled.
These are mportant questions to me.

I’m not going out there for weightlifting ... I’m just going fishing in a float tube. LOL
That is exactly why I got rid of my 2014 Hobie Outback Kayak; because it was just too heavy ... and then I some how ended-up landed here on FTFF fishing on a float tube and I’m still luv’n it!  Thumbs Up
Go figure! Lol

I would appreciate all input from everyone on this matter, thank you.

SP Dan

Last edited by SP Dan on Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

5How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:57 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Im curious, i must be heavy. I know my son gives me a hard time for brining so much with me that I have started cutting back. May i ask why not factor in the sticks? I mean it is part of your load.

6How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:04 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

JohnnyB wrote:Im curious, i must be heavy. I know my son gives me a hard time for brining so much with me that I have started cutting back. May i ask why not factor in the sticks? I mean it is part of your load.

Great question Johnny!

At any time, I can take from 2 - 5 stix with me fishing, I'm way too inconsistent in this area!
For example: I took 5 stix with me today and then I decided; at the launch site, to leave two of my stix behind inside my 4-Runner.
All of my fishing gear and equipment will always stay aboard my float tube whether attached or inside one of it's three pouches, this weight will pretty much remain consistent for me.

SP Dan

7How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:21 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ok...that makes sense.

8How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:50 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I thought so as well ... because it weighs 33 pounds by it's self fully packed and when I carry it.

SP Dan

9How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Ok,
So my Cumberland is the same as before 37 to 40 pounds including the tube with my 5 gallon bucket and fishfinder. I have the Cumberland (14 pounds) like you so  24.5 or so pounds of fishing tools.

Now my Creek Pontoon is plainly heavy:
59 Pounds with the rod racks,  Fish finder, and battery.
4 more pounds for 5 rods and a fishing net.
Another 12 pounds for tackle boxes and fins.

75 pounds altogether.

url=https://servimg.com/view/18763988/665][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

I prefer to use the toon, but sometimes it is a bit of a production to load and unload, so I grab the Cumberland.

10How much does your ride weigh? Empty Re: How much does your ride weigh? Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:53 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Nice pictures of your toon at Perris!
Thank you for sharing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum