FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Thu May 09, 2024 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

IT'S OFFICIAL!

+3
BigMaxFloats
jeffcpr
Dannicus
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty IT'S OFFICIAL! Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:56 pm

Dannicus

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

While standing in line to get my lake permit I watched with a grin as the man in front of me tried with little success to corral his approximately 6 year old daughter.

We struck up a conversation and I found out that his name was Greg. He told me his wife died over a year ago from Covid complications. Now he tries to spend as much time as possible with his daughter when he isn't working. He said, "She loves the lake, so here we are on Christmas eve day".

Mid-conversation his daughter (Lizzy) came running over and asked me with a serious look, "Are you the REAL Santa Claus?" I held my finger to my lips and replied, "shhhh...I have a lot of work to do tonight, but I want to do a little fishing first." "Wow!" Lizzy exclaimed, "Next Christmas I am going to ask you for a fishing pole so I can go fishing like Daddy!"

Greg got his permit and through the window I watched them get in the car and drive down to the fishing pier. When I got to the counter to obtain my lake permit, I asked the clerk to ring up a kid's fishing pole as well. She had overheard my conversation with Lizzy and she refused to let me pay for the pole, and instead insisted I take it free of charge.

A short while later I was in my float tube, happily on the lake. I kicked around the pier where Greg sat fishing (Lizzy had run to the far end of the dock). I handed him the pole and told him to tell her it was from Santa. To which he expressed his sincere gratitude with tears in his eyes.

I cast out my line and leisurely kicked my tube around a rocky point into the next cove. Although they were no longer in view, I could clearly hear Lizzy's squeals of delight, and her brazen, "THANK YOU SANTA!!"

So now it's official. You may call me Santa.

By the way I was at Otay lake. I didn't get a single bite in 5 hours but still it was one of my most memorable fishing trips ever! Happy holidays to you all, and tight lines in 2023.

NulodPBall, fishmagic, kin, SP Dan, tunacat, jmytuna, Pablosparky and Gadabout like this post

2IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:18 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dude that just made my evening buddy. What a great story. That little girl and her Father will tell that story for years to come. Thank you so much for sharing and Merry Christmas Santa. We have Santa here on the FTFF.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SP Dan and Dannicus like this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:57 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

Dan you are a quality individual. Way to go Santa. There is still kindness in the world and you sir have restored some faith in humanity. Merry Christmas

jeffcpr and SP Dan like this post

4IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:32 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

The was best fish report of the year!!!
Keep up the good work 🎅🏻 Santa (Dan)!!!
🙏🏼 Many blessings to you Santa, for making Lizzy a 🎄 true believer in the gift of giving!! WTG!! 👍🏼

SP Dan    <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

kin, tunacat and Dannicus like this post

5IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:07 pm

beedee

beedee
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Spottied Bay Bass

Love this! Thanks for sharing and inspiring the youth (and us).

Merry Christmas, Santicus. 🎅🏻🎄

Dannicus likes this post

6IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:17 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Right on !

Dannicus likes this post

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

7IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:25 pm

Dannicus

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thank you guys, now think about this...

A little over a year ago, I was looking to get back into float tubing.  Something I have been passionate about since my youth, but circumstances had conspired to take me away from it for several years.

I came here to this forum seeking advice and was greeted with kind words and the help i needed.  Had that not occurred it is extremely likely I would have never been standing in that line with the opportunity to give a bit of fishing joy to a grieving father and his beautiful little girl.

Every kindness I received here had a ripple effect leading to an outcome no one could have predicted.  Well intentioned collective actions always pay off in the end even when we may not see how.

I am grateful for you.  Grateful for your spirit and helpful attitudes, and I wanted to share this story in part to let you know that your wonderful attitudes and actions are truly like the waves of our tubes in the water.  Spreading far beyond this little pond into the world beyond. 

Have an excellent holiday season and keep on being your helpful, wonderful selves.

Peace, Dan

tunacat likes this post

8IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:06 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Wow Embarassed Dan that honesty are some of the kinds words I have heard in a long time.  We are so honored to have you here.  As well as happy we could help you in this journey.  Again thanks for sharing this story and more importantly for being there for that father and his daughter.  For stepping up and doing something to bring a little joy.
As you just said the smallest acts of kindness can have a ripple effect.  We might not know what comes of this for that father or his daughter.  But the waves have been made.  I  confident Dan more good will come from this in time.  Thanks again Dan and Happy Holidays Santa.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dannicus likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

9IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:18 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Love and charity are two of the great gifts given to us, to be shared with others!
Thank you. 🙏🏼🎄

SP Dan   <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Dannicus likes this post

10IT'S OFFICIAL! Empty Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:56 am

NulodPBall

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:...
As you just said the smallest acts of kindness can have a ripple effect.  We might not know what comes of this for that father or his daughter.  But the waves have been made.  I  confident Dan more good will come from this in time.  Thanks again Dan and Happy Holidays Santa.

I can second that thought "small acts of kindness can have a ripple effect"

I was talking with a (not-so-young now) young man and he reminded me of when I picked him up and took him to him mom in Las Vegas (she ran a tournament and I forget why she couldn't take him with her initially) and he reminded me of the conversation we had on the drive up (he was usually the kid hanging around the admin table/tent during tournaments or practice).

I totally forgot about that, but what he said I said, sounded like me.

He did his hitch in the air force, got married, and was in his late 20's but I still mostly remember him when he was 8 or 10 (his dad is an old teammate, but separated from his mom so I tended to see them as separate people/lives) but he still remembered the fact that I talked to him like an adult...I suppose he was used to people ignoring him since as a group we (players) were usually either practicing or focused on the tournament games and his mom raised him alone.

jeffcpr and SP Dan like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum