FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon

+2
jeffcpr
TheAsianGuy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:24 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

* Okay, first time posting a report at this site. Let me know if too much info or too little. I got barometric and wind speed as well.

Temp: 0635hrs, air was 38°, water surface was 49°, 5ft below was 51°, bottom was 56°.
Temp: 1100hrs, air was 72°, water surface was 56°, 5ft below was 53°, bottom was 56°.
Thermocline: 12 to 18ft.
Moonphase: 2nd full day.

The second I opened the door, stepped out of the car, the boats were roaring down at the ramp, blasting their ways all over the water. Looks like the boats were here before 5am, checked, and was already in the water before the registration table was set up. WOW. Talking about the early birds.

Hit the water at 0635, and it appeared almost all the lake was covered by the bass-a-thon boaters. I felt so inferior to see what they have what as their arsenal to seek-and-destroy. Human-power vs machine, 150HP+ worth. I'm just 1/6HP Barely got over a sinus infection a days ago. Still aching all over.

Hit the launch ramp, make my way from the middle ramp to the police boat's ramp, staying close to shore, 150ft out, casting both in the deep and shallow at the same time using spoons, while trolling with a spinner. Detected only a few panfishes, one cat, and a few dink basses. No nibble. Spent a nice 1.5hrs in the launch area working all the way to the Lake monitoring tower. Only some small panfishes, but nothing more. Switched over to crickets, and pissed at myself for leaving the wax worm at work after vising the pet shop on Wed. No interest. OKAY! How about some trout's attractant gravy on top of cricket? Nope. Gave up. Double dip two lines, one with trout worms, while the other with crickets. No go.

0815hrs, time to follow the buoys and head towards the tire reef. Scattered schools of fishes detected all over the place. No solid schools that you can actually drop the jigs, spoons, and spinners down to nail something. No bait fishes detected either. Hm..odd. Looks like the water had increased 4ft at the buoy marker from last recording 4 weeks ago.

Saw two outcrops at the island. Decided to meter the island and the outcrops. BEHOLD!! THE POCKETS OF PEARLS! Panfishes like I couldn't believe. Jeff, Anthony, we hit panfishes heaven boys! Will PM you the locations for the hunt when they're spawning. But for the moment, they don't want to bite. Spotted a few 2lbs+ cats and some basses. Not sure the sizes on the basses. Decided to alternate every thing I got on the arsenal. Spent nearly 2hrs in the spots, back and forth, dropping every at them. I even got pissed off and unloaded 25+ counts of crickets at the surface to temp the fishes. Nothing. Not even a head popped up to say, "HELLO DUFUS!". Bass hunters were moving into my areas. Time to leave. Asked how they were doing. They replied with a negative on the basses.

Continue along the buoys. Where the honey spots and habitats were, plenty of scattered schools, but once again, nothing that want to nibble. Should have brought my stinkbait to hammer those cats, and some sweet treats for the carps. So a few of them near the island's shore roaming the bushes. Oh well, no more panfishes for while. Now, it's all about carps, cats, and trouts.

Hunted the tire reef from 1045hrs to 1215hrs. Got nothing but wind and a strong smell of skunk. Time to surrender. Wet two lines, one with Rap X, and the other with spinner. Trolling while heading back to shore. Wait a minute, is that PETE MARINO?! Way in the distant near the tules along the southside. Too bad I don't have a firework missile to launch at that guy. Oh well.

Trolling slowly along the island west side. One more try. Toss every into the water, including the remaining load of crickets, plastics, scents, and flies. Nothing. I give up. Time for a shore leave. Left site at 1345hrs. Empty handed, and a major smell of the skunk for the season. Hope you bass chasers got some better luck along the dam at the Sail Cove.

2Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Re: Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I will tell you if it is to long once I stop reading it study
Just Kidding, always good to have a lot of info for reports, it might help the next guy. Keep up the good work and sorry for the skunk better luck next time.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Re: Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good report..... Those gills r finicky once the water gets cold. Fisher had luck on mill worms.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

4Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Re: Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dang! Tough day!
By the way how were you able to locate and differentiate all those different types of fish?

better luck next time!

5Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Re: Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:25 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Truly was a tough day. Infection of the nasal cavity, laying waste to my entire system, took 4 ibuprofin, and told myself, "Hey, either suffer a bit and enjoy the time, or chicken out." Sure..like I'm going to stay at home because of some physical issue. Hah!

After learning the fishes, the arches, and the locations, I got the arch shapes, sizes, movements through the sonar based on 0.5 sec interval, and reaction times of movement through the displayed memorized. The only thing that get me confused are the LARGE arches. Scare the hell out of me on what they are. Sometimes, I thought it would be a large bass, but ended up as a carp. A large cat would be mistaken as a bass because of the arches return. After a few catches of the fishes, I manage to rectify my findings.

Also, I hang around with guys with HD fish finders that costs towards $2K. They verified the fishes on my sonar with their HD sonar results. Wish have one of those for Christmas.

6Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Re: Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:27 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

exellent! better luck next time!!

7Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Re: Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:34 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Blame it on the lunar eclipse that we had this morning Razz

Did anybody see it?
I saw it from the MDR launch ramp

8Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Re: Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:39 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You know what, did you see that moon this morning? It's so freaking weird. The moon was nice and full, dull throughout the top, but the 1/5th of the bottom was really bright. It's as if someone shine a huge flashlight on its butt. Probably because of the sun was rising, as the moon as disappearing in the horizon, creating that odd lighting effect.

9Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Full moon eclipse Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:00 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My buddy that pointed it out to me said that that was a once in a life time occurrence
Not positive if that is correct, but that's what he said

I saw the top of the moon start to get a crescent shadow when I left the house at 5:00am.
The crescent went all the way to the bottom of the moon by sunrise

10Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Empty Re: Perris, 12-10 Skunk-a-thon Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:19 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Damn, you get around on that lake!!!

Thanks for the detailed report and bummer about the skunk. Just blame it on the moon. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum