FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Empty Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Lake Conditions :
- Fished From : 6:45 am - 9:00
- Water Temp : 61
- Wind : N/E @ 10mph , Gusts to 15mph
- Visibility : 2ft , water was pea soup
- Baits : Blk/Blue Strike king Jig / Rage claw Trailer  ... Drop Shot 4" Roboworm
- Fish Caught : 5 LMB Landed

Woke up @ 5am & I had that itch to hit the water & get this Smell of Skunk from 2 days ago off me . Loaded the car up after breakfast & away I went . The lake is only 3 miles from me , but upon arriving I noticed that the wind was Howling in the pass  Mad 

I Said Screw it , I am going fishing !! Launched the Tube and Begin to kick out . Threw the drop shot out & placed it in the rod holder . Grabbed the Jig and threw it out , 2 shakes on the jig and I get Hammered , I load up & bury that Gamu. Hook deep into the jaw of this LMB  Twisted Evil  5 mins on the water & the smell of Skunk is off me !! i let that fish go and start kicking again ,  10-15 mins pass & I am on Again with the Jig  lol!  , let that 1 go and continue on my way about 30 mins pass & the Jig is hammered Again , Fish Instantly goes air born and throws the hook .

I check my hook still sharp , check the line for frays and continue on my way around the point slowly as the wind is trying to blow me everywhere . I cast out again with the jig in 12ft of water and it gets smoked !!! I set the hook crossing that LMB Eyes , I feel her for 2 seconds and the line breaks on the knot . This was 1 of the things I read about with Izorline make sure you re-tie after a few fish  black eye 

Anyhow the wind was blowing crazy now and I knew it was time to head back on my way back in the drop shot gets hit , catch that fish and released safely , throw back out in the same area and I am on again  bounce  , Release that fish & I am omw to the shore and get hit again another bass , small male  , I release the guy safely &  I kick the rest of the way in .. off the tube right before 9am with 5 LMB caught   Thumbs Up 

anyhow , Here are a few pictures of the bigger ones , nothing really huge , but nice fish none the less  ,  Thanks For Reading    ....   WES

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Empty Re: Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:27 pm

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Nice fish! We can't wait to get out again. It looks pretty cold in that picture!

3Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Empty Re: Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thanks for great report Wes and good job on the LGM.
Always fun catching them on multiple set ups.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Empty Re: Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Bam bam bam!! Like the turtle man says "Live Action!!" Grrrrreat report. Way to go on gettin' rid of the skunk.

5Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Empty Re: Blowing Away the skunk @ Perris !!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:48 am

now to really get the live action , I need to just start taking my go pro with me lol and thansk guys glad you enjoyed the read

WES

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum