FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Today at 10:56 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 8:27 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mind Blowing Spotted bass

+4
Basstuber16
Jerdon
SP Dan
Ornery Bob
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Mind Blowing Spotted bass Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:19 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

One of my work colleagues is into fishing and this is a picture of her boyfriend with a recent catch from "Los Alamitos." Caught from shore, "over a railing."

He's kind of a guerrilla fisherman and isn't shy about jumping over fences and likes to fish places you're not supposed to be so he travels light and didn't weigh it, but it's obviously a monster.

I'd say he's set the bar pretty high for us Long Beach fishermen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:26 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Not mind blowing and not monstrous ... a very deceiving Parlor trick picture with a fish-eyed camera lens.

Also, notice that his hands are over twice the size of his head because he is holding the fish way-out in front of himself.
I'd say there's no bar setting going on here with this fish ... nice fish though.

PS ... The largest SBB that I know of that was pulled from the waters of LAB was an 18" Grumpy, my friend caught it and measured it right in front of me.
I was so jealous!  green happy

PSS ... I know that wall.

PSSS ... I have many acquaintances that are DF&W Wardens; including the Chief Warden himself- Mike Stefanak, they all attend our yearly held FNN SWAT Hunting Giants Events and they use all of these fishing forums; as a part of their tools, to gather information on illegal fishing, poachers, and their locations.
FYI ... You just plastered your friend's boyfriend's face; and his illegal fishing practices, all over the cyberspace .... nice!

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:24 pm; edited 15 times in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

3Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:27 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Good on the kid for getting out and catching them.
I hope he stays out of trouble.

Thanks for sharing.

4Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Basstuber16

FTFF Gathering Officer

SP Dan wrote:Not mind blowing and not monstrous ... a very deceiving Parlor trick picture with a fish-eyed camera lens.

Also, notice that his hands are over twice the size of his head because he is holding the fish way-out in front of himself.
I'd say there's no bar setting going on here with this fish ... nice fish though.

PS ... The largest SBB that I know of that was pulled from the waters of LAB was an 18" Grumpy, my friend caught it and measured it right in front of me.
I was so jealous!  green happy

PSS ... I know that wall.

PSSS ... I have many acquaintances that are DF&W Wardens; including the Chief Warden himself- Mike Stefanak, they all attend our yearly held FNN SWAT Hunting Giants Events and they use all of these fishing forums; as a part of their tools, to gather information on illegal fishing, poachers, and their locations.
FYI ... You just plastered your friend's boyfriend's face; and his illegal fishing practices, all over the cyberspace .... nice!

SP Dan     <"))><

18" spotty is a nice fish but there has been several 3+lbers and even a possible 4lber from there.

5Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:57 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I agree with SP Dan as you can see the fingers on his hands are big, but I am agree with everyone else DAM that is great Spot. That fish blows my mind.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:18 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That is definitely a nice spottie but I agree it's size can be distorted when held out towards a camera. Any 3 lb spottie or larger is a monster in my opinion. I haven't been able to break past 3 lbs. One of these days I hope!

7Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:44 am

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Still a good fish.  My biggest spottie from the LAB was a 16.5". The girth on that sucker was gnarly.  LAB fish aren't long, but they're super fat.

8Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:38 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

You just plastered your friend's boyfriend's face; and his illegal fishing practices, all over the cyberspace .... nice!

Whoa, I never said he fishes illegally, I said he sometimes fishes from places you're not supposed to be. At worst that would be trespassing, but what the hell, I've been kicked out of fishing spots by security guards and it's no big deal. Heck, my first fishing video (which I have no intention of taking down) is me fishing in a place you're not supposed to be. I didn't know it at the time, but that's no excuse. If someone wants to hunt me down and arrest me for trespassing, I'll take the hit. I'm not worried and no matter how things go, I'm never afraid to take responsibility for my actions.

Some people like to push the envelope, some play it safe every time. It depends on the brain wiring you're born with. And not that it's any of your concern, but I checked with him before I posted.

I have to admit the "all over cyberspace" comment really gave me a good laugh. Do you honestly believe that a post on this little backwater of a forum is plastering something all over cyberspace? Do you have any idea how much traffic this forum gets? Do you even know how to find that out? Don't try to school me on cyberspace, you're out of your league.

9Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:31 am

volcomsurfrider

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Granted this photo was taken with a camera with a FOV lens around the 140 degree area that gives it the "fish eye" affect, this Spotted Bass is a very quality fish. Also, this photo is no where near "fish eye" FOV. This is at 140 degrees at the most. Most likely taken with a GoPro. This Spotty looks like it can be in the 18" to 20" range. If you are judging this photo of a nice Spot by the anglers hands, you would be mistaken. You all have caught these species and you all know Spotted Bay Bass are not "Bucket Mouths". The way I can tell this bass is very large is by the way the body of the bass is bending in the photo. You try and hold a 14" Spotted Bass exactly like this photo and see if how much of the bass body will vertical bend in a semi S shape. Answer is pretty much none. It would be more of a U shape. I have caught some of the largest Spotties in my life and I am not going to disclose size, length and weight because it's a cyber opening for a lie bashing discussion. When I held fish for the photos, they had this type of S bend. In addition, this photo of the angler, he is not sticking the fish extended with his arms into the camera lens. His elbows are bent holding the fish in a normal manner with some "look here" excitement. This is the same for when other Salt Bass are held for photos. My 8lb Calico had this bend and my big Turd Roller as well. The sheer mass of the body weight gives that sagging center. Anyway, I think SP is a bit harsh on the post. Mind Blowing and Monstrous is for each individual and what they perceive. If you have seen a 30" Bass caught and that is still not mind blowing to you, that is your view. This bass for many is a mind blowing bass for the location caught. Especially for anglers that have only seen Spotted Bay Bass in the 12 to 15" size range.

10Mind Blowing Spotted bass Empty Re: Mind Blowing Spotted bass Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:12 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

volcomsurfrider wrote:Granted this photo was taken with a camera with a FOV lens around the 140 degree area that gives it the "fish eye" affect, this Spotted Bass is a very quality fish. Also, this photo is no where near "fish eye" FOV. This is at 140 degrees at the most. Most likely taken with a GoPro. This Spotty looks like it can be in the 18" to 20" range. If you are judging this photo of a nice Spot by the anglers hands, you would be mistaken. You all have caught these species and you all know Spotted Bay Bass are not "Bucket Mouths". The way I can tell this bass is very large is by the way the body of the bass is bending in the photo. You try and hold a 14" Spotted Bass exactly like this photo and see if how much of the bass body will vertical bend in a semi S shape. Answer is pretty much none. It would be more of a U shape. I have caught some of the largest Spotties in my life and I am not going to disclose size, length and weight because it's a cyber opening for a lie bashing discussion. When I held fish for the photos, they had this type of S bend. In addition, this photo of the angler, he is not sticking the fish extended with his arms into the camera lens. His elbows are bent holding the fish in a normal manner with some "look here" excitement. This is the same for when other Salt Bass are held for photos. My 8lb Calico had this bend and my big Turd Roller as well. The sheer mass of the body weight gives that sagging center. Anyway, I think SP is a bit harsh on the post. Mind Blowing and Monstrous is for each individual and what they perceive. If you have seen a 30" Bass caught and that is still not mind blowing to you, that is your view. This bass for many is a mind blowing bass for the location caught. Especially for anglers that have only seen Spotted Bay Bass in the 12 to 15" size range.  

Thank you for your excellent neutral observation volcomsurfrider,
your perspective on my comment to OB's posting is not only welcomed by me but also well received.  Thumbs Up

I would like to apologize for my reply to OB's posting if it was perceived as being a bit harsh.
I just call them as I see them.

This site is all about friends, fun, fishing and exchanging information without all the drama.

Thank you again and Happy Holidays,  Cool

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum