FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

DAVE SCADDENS PONTOON BOAT ASSEMBLY VIDEO

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DAVE SCADDENS PONTOON BOAT ASSEMBLY VIDEO Empty DAVE SCADDENS PONTOON BOAT ASSEMBLY VIDEO Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:06 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Pretty cool and elaborate
Not too sure about using it in the salt though (frame corrosion)

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

pretty cool but for the price i would buy the bloody mary. drunken

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It's designed mainly for fresh. Of course, it's can be used for salt. Just need to do better maintenance after each outing. I got the Scadden's Skyskomish Sunrise.

I would rather buy a boat for the price of those things. Sorry but IMO thats a waste of money

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Miller, you're right about that. However, when you're desperate to stay afloat on the water, or rather out of the water, but have no space to store the overgrown trailer and boat, inflatable is the way to go. I'm a bit weary of the inflatable boats since there are hardly any solid structure that you actually step on without punching through. At least the pontoon frame gives me some kind of assurance that I won't be stepping through the floor with it, that is, with a standing platform provided.

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Picked one of these up off of Ebay a year ago for $125 made by Buck's Bags, came with a all stainless frame and hardware. When I went to Alaska there were pontoon boats like these all over the Kenai and African rivers, looked like a blast fighting a big Salmon from one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice one Vagabond. How's the feel of balance sitting and turning in that one?

By the way, nice Skull Squadron for the avatar. Is that from the Alpha Team Leader or the Gama Striker group? Can't distinguish the marking on them..been too long. Got the entire collection of Robotech.

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Nice one Vagabond. How's the feel of balance sitting and turning in that one?

By the way, nice Skull Squadron for the avatar. Is that from the Alpha Team Leader or the Gama Striker group? Can't distinguish the marking on them..been too long. Got the entire collection of Robotech.

I actually havn't tried it out yet it's been waiting in my storage since I got it since I have been using my hard shell kick boat.

That is Skull Leader from the skull squadron on Robotech the Macross Saga. I still got quite a bit of my Robotech and Ghost in The Shell stuff too.

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy,
I thought I'd post this to show the guys what kind of rig that you have.
I had no idea what a Dave Scadden design pontoon was.

The frame is made out of steel and not stainless steel?
My biggest concern with using it in the SW would be the areas that are not covered with paint (inside of the tubing and where the platform is attached to the frame)

I am impressed how you are able to transport your disassembled rig in your car so there is nothing wrong with getting a toon instead of another type of vessel. Cool

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dave Scadden's frames are aluminum, not steel or stainless steel. His company painted his tubing inside and out. No matter where you look, the paint is covered. Unfortunately, the joints that you connect to will rub, and expose the metal beneath. You can paint this area with proper paint sealant to minimize and inhibit rust.

Transporting the pontoon is quite easy if you have a truck, SUV, or minivan. It fits very well in the back area. It stores very neatly in the garage too. When you're married, you know how to properly fit everything in its place, either they be large, small, or perfect in size..you know what I mean? LOL

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aluminum?
I should have known from the tubing that they were bending in the video.
I wouldn't worry about using it in the salt.
Aluminum is fairly corrosion resistant when properly cleaned after usage.
I've owned three aluminum boats starting in 1983

...and no, I don't know how to fit everything in it's place Rolling Eyes
Maybe that's why I'm not married! lol

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You guys want to know about a pontoon frame coming apart on you in the water ask Fishslayer if you catch him on hehehe. Got all his stuff togeather, launched and spent about 10 seconds on the water before his frame broke and he had to call it a day. Totally sucked!

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

How can a pontoon break unless you stress the hell out of it prior..

Dano67

Dano67

n2deepfsw wrote:pretty cool but for the price i would buy the bloody mary. drunken

You'll see, The Polar express will rise to its full potential!!! Full moon tonight and would be amazing to fish the wall. I will be out there next month either on the Bloody Mary or a different boat!!

Dano67 wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:pretty cool but for the price i would buy the bloody mary. drunken

You'll see, The Polar express will rise to its full potential!!! Full moon tonight and would be amazing to fish the wall. I will be out there next month either on the Bloody Mary or a different boat!!

x2. looks like a good night to do some rock hopping

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
Dano67 wrote:

x2. looks like a good night to do some rock hopping

You mean "we" will be out there!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum