FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Live scope in your glasses
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any E.Sierra Anglers Here?

+5
aj7798
jayman
fishslayer
IN2DEEP
flyfishingfool
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Anyone here do any fishing up there during the trout season?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

2Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:31 pm

I use to go back in the day but haven't been up there in over 10yrs. Always camp at June lake and drive around from.

3Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have a FB friend that lives in Mammoth.
He's been driving down to Pleasant Valley Res. (open year round) for some great trout fishing on the fly rod. A lot of browns right now
Let me know if you need info

4Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

miller wrote:I use to go back in the day but haven't been up there in over 10yrs. Always camp at June lake and drive around from.

Why did you stop going up?

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

5Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:50 pm

it got boring. We used to stay up there for 2 weeks in aug and go just about every other weekend, we became the locals there lol. Alot of changes where going on at that time and fishing just wasnt any good anymore.
I got into racing dirt bikes so that took alot of time up too. Now, that I am older and married with kids and money sucks, all I do 99% of the time is fish the salt.

6Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:23 pm

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I try and do several trips a year, going to have to skip Memorial weekend this year but should be able to go up for the opener, a week in July and Labor Day.
Might get in a trip or two in the fall as well...

7Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:03 pm

jayman

jayman
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i'm up in Mammoth usually once a year in August. Been doing it with the family since before I can remember. My parents still tell me stories of when I was a little that I can't remember from up there!

8Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:23 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i go up to the june loop once a year and on the way back stop at mammoth lakes and bishop

9Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:49 pm

golfish

golfish
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

We've been going up there for 35 years, mostly camping but I'm getting a little too old for that now days. I used to fish Crowley a lot back in the 90's and still do once a year or so. IMO, that's the best lake to float tube. The midge fishing can be killer during the fall but its a hard rig to keep up with. I've hook fish out there and know right off the bat I'll never see em (too big)

10Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:18 pm

shayes11

FTFF Gathering Officer

I grew up in Ridgecrest so the Eastern Sierra's are my stomping grounds.. Crowley is without a doubt the best float tubing lake in California.

11Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:50 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I think you found some Sierra anglers on the board.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:40 pm

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

shayes11 wrote:Crowley is without a doubt the best float tubing lake in California.
I dont think I have ever caught a trout at Crowley, always end up with Sukymento perch.

13Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 am

golfish

golfish
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

fishslayer wrote:
shayes11 wrote:Crowley is without a doubt the best float tubing lake in California.
I dont think I have ever caught a trout at Crowley, always end up with Sukymento perch.

I used to do a lot of streamer fishing on Crowley. I'd catch just as many perch as I did trout. IMO, the perch are a much better fish to eat then the trout.

If you midge fish you wont catch the perch, at least I never have.

14Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Empty Re: Any E.Sierra Anglers Here? Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 am

webrx

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi,

First post.

I'm in Reno NV, fish Davis Lake, Frenchman's lake, Antelope, etc. - Davis and Frenchman's all the time, almost exclusively in a Cumberland Float tube, though i own other tubes, a 14 foot aluminum and a pontoon (mostly for when my dad visits).

I guess that makes my fishing eastern Sierra Mountains

Dave

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum