FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond

+3
Lok Dog
Kelster
MASSfisher
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:54 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is a little late but I wanted to use a video instead of pics so it took longer. Anyways I've taken a short break away from the salt in order to catch some largemouth bass. I didn't catch anything too big though but had a ton of fun targeting bass in clear water when they were beddin'.

Video:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lake Poway

Went here on the 28th by myself and on the 30th with an old buddy who I haven't fished with in years. Lot's of smaller bass spawning but this lake is pressured way too much.Caught my first trout here as well which was really cool on 4lb line. Total fish caught in those 2 trips was close to 20 which is pretty bad considering all the hours we put in there.

Lake Perris

Well....you guys already know about that. Lot's of fun with some cool people. I only had a few short clips that were worth anything but oh well...

Miramar fish pond

I love fishing here. It's a small little pond on the Marine base at Miramar. Nothing too big in here except for one close to 3 pounds...its in the video so you guys can guess the weight for me. Lot's of smaller bass though and the place is loaded with catfish. I fished it almost every day I could in the last 2 weeks. Some days the bite was hot and other days it was off.

Added bonus:

Bat ray fishing. Before me and my buddy fished at Poway we pulled an all nighter going for bat rays. In total we fished from midnight until 4 the next day....then i went to the fish pond and put in another 4 hours. Fish Binge!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bats are a ton of fun to catch.....i got out of breath fighting one of them haha. IF anybody ever wants to fish for 'em let me know. I'm not an expert but have a basic understanding. I think me and Jaws are gonna fish for them one of these days so maybe we could get a few guys to come out.

Other pics:

My first trout ever!

Hit the Ratl Trap

Same fish:

And yes i've grown the mustache back out.....it's good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

2Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

SWEET, a SW guy catching the FW bug. Nice trout and LMB's.

3Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

damn nice pics! how did you cook that ray? Wink

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

4Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:09 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog all rays were CPR....those things are too ugly for me to eat...don't know how some guys do lol.

5Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:Lok Dog all rays were CPR....those things are too ugly for me to eat...don't know how some guys do lol.

haha i've seen dude on the piers cut off the wings and toss the rest back! said it tastes like scallops,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

6Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:47 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ive hears the same thing....but they're so ugly lol.

There was an article last year in an east coast fishing magazine talking about how "trash fish" actually taste good. They had what appeared to be good recipes for skate and sand shark.

7Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I enjoyed that video!! very good work bro! effects and Metallica music!!! hell yeah!

8Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:03 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
Bat ray wings, are quite good and do resemble scallops in taste (but not texture) but there is a proceess to doing it. Not worth the effort if you ask me, but we used to make a bit of side money back in the day.

bodfish

Ps. Ya know those things get damn big,... our biggest we estimated at over 150, caught in the Oxnard harbor. Made a few bucks on that one.

9Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Nice pix and cool video

10Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

11Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Empty Re: Poway, Perris, Miramar fish pond Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:06 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice work and great pictures

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum