FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 Day Report: Corvina, WSB, Cuda, and a TOAD spotty

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is from a few days ago but I'll post it up here anyways. Mainly to brag but also to show you guys that things are starting to heat up.....ya never know what you might catch in Mission Bay.

On the 16th I headed out to MB in search of the usual suspects. After a short time I look behind me and notice some boils...I kick over as fast as I can and my heart is racing. There was a ton of bait in the water so getting bit was hard to do, but I still managed a few.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yup, caught 3 really cool species all in the same session.....also managed a mac that took a waxwing (fair hooked) and a few spotties on the soft plastic.

Flash forward to the 17th.....same general area but this time I'm throwing the Rogue blade in search of some spotties. Managed a few smaller ones but nothing worth bragging about.

Some time goes by and I make another cast and get absolutely hammered! Thought I had a legal halibut for sure....but was much happier with this TOAD spotty, which is also my PB.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's 20" of mean fish right there guys, and yes she had some big teeth on her. The pic doesn't do the fish justice, wish I had somebody there with me to help get a better pic. Next time you're on your float tube look down at your mesh and imagine there is a 20 inch spotty laying right there.....it's a lot bigger in person trust me. IT seems that after 18 inches everything they eat goes straight to their heads!

Tight lines everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here's a CPR video of the spotty:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, I'll make sure I don't take the WSB or Vina outta the water next time for the pic. Lok Dog pointed that out to me and he's absolutely correct...gotta take care of those feesh so they can get nice and fat for me in a few years. Very Happy

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That toad spotty looks to be a nice female. Yeah, pic's really don't do justice to the bigger ones. Anywho congratz on the 20" PB.. Cool

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Hammer, just noticed the one in you pic. That's a TOAD as well!

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It's funny how the bigger spotties fight compared to the smaller ones, they to a certain extent fight just like a hali does, which makes it that much more fun to catch them.. Very Happy

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice session!

thats bad a$$, those corvina are awesome. never cought one but maybe one day

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Corvina are fun to catch but a PITA to target. I know guys who spend hours just trying to find them, and many more hours casting to them for nothing.

At night and low light conditions they'll hit a spook though which is really cool. Ive had a few follow and boil but haven't had one hit yet. Supposedly they hit so hard they throw your spook 10 feet out of the water....insane.

I just got really lucky that day for sure....do they have vina up north? I know they catch WSB inside nph but not sure about vina.

MASSfisher wrote:Corvina are fun to catch but a PITA to target. I know guys who spend hours just trying to find them, and many more hours casting to them for nothing.

At night and low light conditions they'll hit a spook though which is really cool. Ive had a few follow and boil but haven't had one hit yet. Supposedly they hit so hard they throw your spook 10 feet out of the water....insane.

I just got really lucky that day for sure....do they have vina up north? I know they catch WSB inside nph but not sure about vina.

I have never seen or heard of one being cought up here. I think they are only down south. Yeah I think they are the only salt water fish you can use a spook on. WSB, they are all up and down the coast.

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome man congrats on the new pb!!! Shes a chunk fer sure wtg Thumbs Up

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

faster u fool

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
MASSfisher wrote:Corvina are fun to catch but a PITA to target. I know guys who spend hours just trying to find them, and many more hours casting to them for nothing.

I have never seen or heard of one being cought up here. I think they are only down south. Yeah I think they are the only salt water fish you can use a spook on. WSB, they are all up and down the coast.

I dont theink they made it up north.But we will get cudas, Bonita, Corvina,believe it or not needle fish all on the spook...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum