FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishing Line what's do you use & Why

+7
MASSfisher
Tubinferbass
Hammer 4
sonarbp
.:LOLLY:.
jeffcpr
Leakytube
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fishing Line what's do you use & Why  Empty Fishing Line what's do you use & Why Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:23 am

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have been using Monofilament fishing line normally 8 pound color Green for years now
it seams to work good I don't have a lot of breakage and it seams to hold up nice
I always wonder if there is a better line to use or is it more just preference
also what about the manufacture who make a good fishing line I use Trilene & P-Line
they both seam to do the trick. but again wondering is there something better out there
also does it make a difference from Saltwater to Fresh water I'm sure the saltwater breaks down the line faster and when should you change your line & know I change my line when there is a Fishing Tournament lol! but really does fishing line break down that fast is a couple months or can it last longer
Thank you

http://www.wmcinc.com

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am still a Mono guy myself and that is just because of cost. I have been using P-line 6lbs. and I have no complaints at least not yet. The biggest differences I have found (thanks to fish have no hands the book) is moving down to 6 lbs. line. It was using 8 - 12 lbs. for the harbors and bays just because of possible break off due to mussels on the pylons. Now that i am using lighter line I am getting hit more.
No I just need to learn to feel those hit and I will be landing more. Crying or Very sad
I know this is just time on the water Evil or Very Mad which I cannot seem to find. drunken

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use both braid and mono. The reels that have braid are spooled up with power pro braid and the ones that have mono are spooled up with izorline xxx in smoke color. The reels with braid have a xxx leader. So far no problems here. As soon as I came across the xxx mono it was love at first cast Thumbs Up For me the p-line just has way to much memory which reduces the distance in the cast.

The only dislike that I have is with the power pro is the bleed in color. Other than that I like it.

I have been thinking of switching to floro leaders when fishing around heavy structure. Not because it's more "invisible" in the water but because it is more abrasion resistant when compared to mono and braid.

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I use both braid and mono. The reels that have braid are spooled up with power pro braid and the ones that have mono are spooled up with izorline xxx in smoke color. The reels with braid have a xxx leader. So far no problems here. As soon as I came across the xxx mono it was love at first cast Thumbs Up For me the p-line just has way to much memory which reduces the distance in the cast.

The only dislike that I have is with the power pro is the bleed in color. Other than that I like it.

I have been thinking of switching to floro leaders when fishing around heavy structure. Not because it's more "invisible" in the water but because it is more abrasion resistant when compared to mono and braid.

COOL THIS IS GOOD INFO Thumbs Up IS THE CAST WITH THE Izorline smooth & what size do you use most of the time

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes, Izorline is smooth and strong. Not much memory to it and I go months without changing it. After using it for so many years you kind start to know when you should change it out with fresh mono.

Lately I've been using 8# & 10# but have also used 6# and 12#. Out of those four, the 6# is my favorite followed by 8#. I like to go as light as possible and work my way up due to getting man handled by fish LOL.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:I am still a Mono guy myself and that is just because of cost.

Jeff in the long run mono cost more!!! Shocked Think of it this way....you go to your local tackle shop and spool up with 6 lb mono, you get about 200 yard put on a reel and it cost $4.00. Not too bad right? Well after a few outings you need more line so back to the shop to respool and spend another $4.00. If you respool say 10 times a year that is $40 you just threw away... Shocked

If you spool up with braid, yes you will spend between $15 and $25, it will last for many years if you take care of it. Spool up with braid and then just run a short top shot or leader....alot cheaper in the long run! Thumbs Up

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up good info guys Thanks for the feed back

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

For the bays, and some fw, I use Yozuri 8# ultrasoft in mist green. This line has great strength and is pretty abrasion resistant, and has good knot strength. For heavier stuff, mt baitcasters are either filled with 10 to 12 Yozuri ultrasoft, or Seagar 15lb Abrazix. I've had good luck with these lines over the last few years, also the Yozuri last's for a good year before it needs changing. BTW the ultrasoft is a copoly much like Izorline is.

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lately I have been using 4lb n 6lb seagar 100% floro an o man is this line awesome. Most of my rods have power pro braid 40lb on them but my drop shot, micro n senko rods all have straight floro on em. Seagar is so smooth an strong an casts fer ever an you can feel even the slightist tick r bite. Im all bout floro from here on out!!!!!!!!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

10Fishing Line what's do you use & Why  Empty Re: Fishing Line what's do you use & Why Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:53 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Depends what type of fishing I'm doing....

I really like using braid...Power Pro to be exact. Here's the main reasons why:

-Thinner diameter so I can throw more on the spool

-0 stretch...I can feel every single thing that my lure is doing. I can tell what type of structure my lure is around...sand....rocks...gravel....and most importantly I can feel the most subtle bites that you just can't feel with mono.

-Low profile....this leads to longer casts. Braid cuts right through the wind and the water. I can fish in 100+ feet with braid and not have to worry about the current putting a huge bow in my line.

-Durability. The stuff lasts forever. When it comes time to "replacing" the braid, don't! Just re-spool it but make sure it's backwards. The old line will be on the inside and almost never used. The "new" fresh line will be on top. No more worrying about getting a kink in the middle of your line and losing fish.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I fish 100% of the time fresh water for LMB and Striper's

I use mono mostly for top water baits because mono floats, you get the good action from the top water baits, I like braid also for top water but they are a little too expensive, I have been having very good success with 15-20# Big Game green mono.

If I go deep I use P-Line cxx and sometimes tie a floro leader for more stealth.

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[quote="biggamefish"]I fish 100% of the time fresh water for LMB

I use mono also with #25 big game for my swim baits , and with my drop shot pole i use braid along when i throw frogs Smile

Tubetoad

Tubetoad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

30lb spectra to 15 to 20lb flouro

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I've just been using Berkley Vanish and its been working fine, fresh or salt 2lb-20lb...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum