» Dave Scadden Rampage Pontoon Boat to sell
by SP Dan Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 am

» Spotties at Huntington Harbor 8.18.19
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 pm

» LAH Wed After Work 8-21-2019
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm

» Anouncement for the 2nd Annual HUB Tournament in Oct
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 pm

» How many Women Float Tubers do we have here?
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

» FS: SevenBass Design Element Float Tube Package Deal!
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Bladders or bladderless

Bladders or bladderless

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bladders or bladderless Empty Bladders or bladderless on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:17 am

Small Water Pro

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Smile Its me small water question man. I just value your opinions so. Here goes; what advantage if there is any to a bladderless tube vs a tube with bladders? are bladderless tuffer than ones with bladders? We have looked at bucks bags roughneck tubes and now have inquiring minds. Has anyone had experiance with these tubes? Please educate me on bladders vs bladderless. As always thanks to you folks.

2Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:57 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Get a cumberland, and much cheaper too!

3Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
haha yep cumberland

4Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
never had bladderless tube but yep to cumberland

5Bladders or bladderless Empty we have on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Small Water Pro

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
We now have Togiaks and they are great tubes. Just looking at the bags and wondering are they super tuffer?

6Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
The bladderless boat is the future of floattubing in my opinion. And the Buck's Roughneck is one of the best (first? only?) designs on the market. A few of the best advantages of the bladderless design are,...

1) Because of the materials used in this type of boat ( I.E., Zodiac, Avon, etc., etc., )
Higher inflation pressures are afforded, resulting in a stiffer more solid structure, resulting in,....

A) a smoother, more solid, (stable) and FASTER hull = better handling, and power economy,
B) a more comfortable, higher, and dryer boat,
C) a superior fishing platform

2) Because of the ruggedness of the materials used in this type of boat,...
A) less maintenance, and easier care
B) greater durability and hull life
C) a MUCH higher resistance to puncture, tear, and general wear,...Safety, safety, safety!!!

3) (and here's my favorite point) Because of the materials used in this type of boat, AND the fact that you do not have a sewn fabric, shaped bag, encasing a bladder, AND!, all that is needed to attach ANYTHING to the hull is the right adhesive,...
A) modifying, accessorizing this boat is limitless and easy!

The future for the bladderless toob is very exciting. I know they are very pricey but I think they are actually a better dollar investment, long term, than a conventional tube because of the above mentioned points.

My 2 cents, bodfish

PS I am waiting with baited breath for the bladderless TOON!!

7Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:44 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hey guys,
The bladderless boat is the future of floattubing in my opinion. And the Buck's Roughneck is one of the best (first? only?) designs on the market. A few of the best advantages of the bladderless design are,...

1) Because of the materials used in this type of boat ( I.E., Zodiac, Avon, etc., etc., )
Higher inflation pressures are afforded, resulting in a stiffer more solid structure, resulting in,....

A) a smoother, more solid, (stable) and FASTER hull = better handling, and power economy,
B) a more comfortable, higher, and dryer boat,
C) a superior fishing platform

2) Because of the ruggedness of the materials used in this type of boat,...
A) less maintenance, and easier care
B) greater durability and hull life
C) a MUCH higher resistance to puncture, tear, and general wear,...Safety, safety, safety!!!

3) (and here's my favorite point) Because of the materials used in this type of boat, AND the fact that you do not have a sewn fabric, shaped bag, encasing a bladder, AND!, all that is needed to attach ANYTHING to the hull is the right adhesive,...
A) modifying, accessorizing this boat is limitless and easy!

The future for the bladderless toob is very exciting. I know they are very pricey but I think they are actually a better dollar investment, long term, than a conventional tube because of the above mentioned points.

My 2 cents, bodfish

that was some great info on your input. good to know.

8Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I checked out one of those at Bob Marriotts and liked it a lot!

9Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 am

DanW

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
North Fork Outdoors (aka Dave Scadden) has had bladerless toons for years.

10Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I have/had 6 pontoons (NFO) that are all bladderless.
Have had them for about 5 years now.
Add to the advantage list, there is no zippers. No dirt can get in between. The material has Kevlar incorperated in it. They are light and they are less effected by temp or altitude.
The new bladderless tube I am getting is 5lb, 6' long.
It is made out of Heart Valve material so super strong.

As already mentioned, it is the wave of the future.

11Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:06 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
Yes I love the look of the Scadden boats. Have not had a chance to use one yet. what I am more interested in is a boat similar to his Skykomish Sunrise. Two independent toons with a tube frame. I am actually going to see about just purchasing the toons as I have a prototype frame I would like to use them with. I am a big fan of framed toons for fishing platforms. I am making inquiries with a few different manufacturers to see which toons will best suit my design. I am trying to build a stillwater specific, boat, incorporating some of the things I feel are sorely lacking from the present designs, targetting the type of fishing we do here in SoCal. Stay tooned!.... hee hee...

bodfish

12Bladders or bladderless Empty Re: Bladders or bladderless on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Hey guys,
Yes I love the look of the Scadden boats. Have not had a chance to use one yet. what I am more interested in is a boat similar to his Skykomish Sunrise. Two independent toons with a tube frame. I am actually going to see about just purchasing the toons as I have a prototype frame I would like to use them with. I am a big fan of framed toons for fishing platforms. I am making inquiries with a few different manufacturers to see which toons will best suit my design. I am trying to build a stillwater specific, boat, incorporating some of the things I feel are sorely lacking from the present designs, targeting the type of fishing we do here in SoCal. Stay tooned!.... hee hee...
bodfish

May I offer some experience. I have owned many dual individual pontoons. When I bought the X5 I wasn't sure I liked this new U shape. But now I would never go back to two separate.
I had one toon come loose, twist, whatever, but this will never happen with the U shape.
Also, in the wind, two separate pontoons seem to want to turn side ways in the wind. I don't think you fight the wind more in a toon, but you will fight to stay straight. With the U shape, you track straight. No turning. They are very stable. More floatation, so they float higher which means more maneuverable. Also, able to pack more weight.
You can put a frame on any of the U boats offered by NFO, you just need to know the inside diameter.
The frame I have on my X5 is the same as the Skykomish.
Just a little personal experience.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum