FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just finished up my rod rack and FF mount....

+15
hobie278
mankey
bodfish
flyfishingfool
dave2375
FishinPhil
.:LOLLY:.
Chomps
CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Tubinferbass
bigmouthbasshole
Fisher
wiseguy
n2deepfsw
SBBassdude
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

SBBassdude

FTFF Gathering Officer

Just finished up my rod holder and FF mount. It's still a virgin tube and FF......can't wait untill I get it in the water to test it out. This is my first setup like this and I don't for see any issues, but if you guys spot anything I can improve on or add to please let me know. Enjoy!

Some info on the setup.......
- PVC construction sprayed flat black with flat clear
- Humminbird 385Ci DI Combo
- Ram Mount
- Transducer wire hidden inside PVC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Killer setup and I dig the ff!

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice clean setup! I like it!

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice steup

bigmouthbasshole

bigmouthbasshole
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice. What are you using as a power source?

Very nice set up. Digging the FF. I'm going have to look into that one for my up grade

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Super clean! Thumbs Up

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

SBBassdude

FTFF Gathering Officer

bigmouthbasshole wrote:Nice. What are you using as a power source?
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm using a 12v 5amp battery from powersonic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . According to my calculations based on the current draw from my FF, I should get around 8 hours of use on a charge....more then I need for a trip. If I were to do it again, I would probably go with a LiPO battery pack....the ones they use for RC cars. They are more expensive but are much smaller and lighter then these lead acid batteries.

That's the same type of battery I use. You should get more than 8hrs on it.
I have thought about going with the Lipo set up but have hear mix reviews and for the price it's not worth the gamble

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

That is a nice set up, what lake do you have plan to break in your ride in?

bigmouthbasshole

bigmouthbasshole
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

SBBassdude wrote:
bigmouthbasshole wrote:Nice. What are you using as a power source?
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm using a 12v 5amp battery from powersonic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . According to my calculations based on the current draw from my FF, I should get around 8 hours of use on a charge....more then I need for a trip. If I were to do it again, I would probably go with a LiPO battery pack....the ones they use for RC cars. They are more expensive but are much smaller and lighter then these lead acid batteries.

Nice! Did you have to retrofit the connecting terminals from the FF or does the factory connectors work with this battery?

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice! I like that ff mount

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice rack! the only thing I would recommend is to have the transducer to where it is easily removable or to where it can pivot out of the way so you don't damage it on the floor when launching or coming back in.

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Very Nice.

dave2375

dave2375
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

That is sick!

SBBassdude

FTFF Gathering Officer

FISHING ALL DAY BABY wrote:That is a nice set up, what lake do you have plan to break in your ride in?
Probably just some local reservoirs up here in the bay area once the rain and cold lets up a bit.....Contra Loma Res comes to mind. There are a bunch of sloughs off of the sacramento river that produce a good amount of LMB's. I will probably really get out there in mid February or so.
bigmouthbasshole wrote:

Nice! Did you have to retrofit the connecting terminals from the FF or does the factory connectors work with this battery?
The great thing about the Humminbird FF's, at least the smaller units, is that the head unit disconnects from the mounting base and the wire terminals remain inside the base. The only thing I had to attach was the fuse holder and the connecting ends for the battery. I will post some pics of this as soon as I get a chance.

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Nice rack! the only thing I would recommend is to have the transducer to where it is easily removable or to where it can pivot out of the way so you don't damage it on the floor when launching or coming back in.
That is a great idea. Never crossed my mind. I just have to try to figure out how I can implement this with my current rig. Do you find yourself having to move your transducer often?

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I personally don't have a fish finder. That's just something I've heard from people that do.

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Awesome setup SBB. Thumbs Up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nicely done!
Love the Power Sonic Batts. I have been using them for the last 10 years. They last forever! and they are SOoo cheap! I have never run one down. I do recommend you keep a close watch when charging them. Try not to over charge. Also depending on where you store it, cover the terminals to prevent inadvertent arc welding in your boat. ( been there,.. Most heinous!)

bodfish

mankey

FTFF Gathering Officer

what type of strapping (support) are you using to secure the rack to the bottom of the tube?

Also, can you show me some photos of it. I'm building mine this weekend and love your design.

Thanks.

mankey

FTFF Gathering Officer

Was there a reasoning for the 2 90-degree angle pieces used on the bottom rather than using a three-way joint for no bottom direction at all?

Again, I'm just asking for ideas on my build.

SBBassdude

FTFF Gathering Officer

mankey wrote:what type of strapping (support) are you using to secure the rack to the bottom of the tube?

Thanks.
They are bungee cords that I cut to length....purchased from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Got the link to the site from one of LOLLY's posts for his rod rack mod

mankey wrote:Was there a reasoning for the 2 90-degree angle pieces used on the bottom rather than using a three-way joint for no bottom direction at all?

Again, I'm just asking for ideas on my build.

The 90-degree angles are used to keep the rack leveled and tight against the tube when secured with the bungee cords. Without them the rack tends to pivot and move around.

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

SBBassdude i have the same ram mount what is on top that your ball mount is attached to? And can you put up some close up pics thanks.

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Awesome job..
cheers

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Damn, that is a nice set up. Super clean. Nice quality pictures, must be a bad ass camera too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum