FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question of the month?

+8
bodfish
Tubinferbass
Fisher
SoCalFishKilla
dfroggy54
hobie278
.:LOLLY:.
Aquaholic38
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question of the month? Empty Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You are in a 3 fish limit spotted bay bass turnament.

A)You throw big lures only. (I will have less bites, but if I catch a few, will be monsters!)

B) You throw small/median lures. (I rather make sure I have my limit even if is the smallest legal size)

Keeping in mind that mayor turnament organisations consider illigal to keep fishing after you kept your 3 fish limit. also is it illegal to pre-fish( i had to edit this part twice lol)

Last edited by Aquaholic38 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:36 am; edited 3 times in total

2Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:05 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

C) both

Use your small/medium lures until you get your limit then switch over to your big lures and start culling.

3Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:16 am

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

X2

4Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:27 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

mayor turnament organisations consider illigal to keep fishing after you kept your 3 fish limit.

5Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:32 am

dfroggy54

dfroggy54
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Throw an alabama rig with big and small baits..haha

naw, I agree with Lolly- get limit then cull

If three is the limit that day, id pre fish several days in a row to figure out a pattern. Then id try and duplicate that pattern day of tourney.

6Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:33 am

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:C) both

Use your small/medium lures until you get your limit then switch over to your big lures and start culling.

x2 exactly what i would do!

7Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SoCalFishKilla wrote:

reed the question again. it had to be edited

8Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:38 am

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Aquaholic38 wrote:
SoCalFishKilla wrote:

reed the question again. it had to be edited

then i would probably stick strictly to "medium" sized lures Twisted Evil

9Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

In that case...I still choose "C" but backwards kind of LMFAO

Start off with the big baits to get the big-uns then when it's getting near the end and you still haven't reached your limit. That's when you switch to the smaller baits and switch your weapon to fully automatic and fire like crazy!

10Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya use big baits first till end then switch to small baits

11Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Go big or go home! Throw 6 n 7" baits.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

12Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:Go big or go home! Throw 6 n 7" baits.
X2

13Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,

Ok, basic tournament strategy,....

The important thing is to bring in a limit, or as close to one as you can. You must assume that no matter what the conditions, the winning weight will be a limit or close to it! This is true especially when fishing is tough!

That being said, pre-fishing is a must for everyone but a blessed few.

So,... Taking everything you know, and can glean from whatever the rules allow for pre-fishing, .....

1) choose and use, your confidence bait based on the intel you have and your gut instinct!

2) back up this bait with your best low and slow depth control bait and your best reaction bait.

3) use the larger kicker baits CAREFULLY and in the calculable high percentage situations and locations!!!!

4) work to put a limit in the boat

5) BE OBSERVANT AND ADDAPTABLE!!!! The whole plan may change on the day as far as timely application, but you will still be using the same baits.

Tournament fishing is the best challenge for any angler because it forces him to do the hardest thing in fishing. CHOOSE A STRATEGY AND FISH IT CONFIDENTLY.

As far as fishing BIG? Well,... the few who do it either win it all, or more often than not, go home without weighing in at all.

Hee Hee!! been there, done that!

bodfish

14Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:14 pm

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

In a tournament I would most likely bring out the the smaller baits to get a limit first, but if I pull up to a spot that I have confidence in I will not wait til end of day to throw that big bait, sometimes big baits can catch fish better than smaller baits can, my 2 cents.

15Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:24 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What tournament is not about size and most weight? Go big or go home! Toss the big baits! Twisted Evil

16Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:37 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Big baits for those big girls.....

17Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Im with the "GO BIG or GO HOME" Gotta put in the work with the big lures. Move around and RIP THEM SUCKAS!!!! Never go in half ass!!! All or nothing. Win or lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18Question of the month? Empty Re: Question of the month? Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 pm

It's all about location location location to tell you what to throw.
I wouldn't throw a 6" Swimbait in NPH for spotties like I do at another location.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum